Beyonce: I Gave Gaddafi's Concert Money To Haiti

lexus97

Whitney voice " i wanna see the receipts" :coffee:

Beyonce: I Gave Gaddafi's Concert Money To Haiti Relief

This story has been updated

NEW YORK -- Beyonce says she donated to Haiti relief the money she was given to perform at a 2009 New Year's Eve party in St. Barts thrown by the son of embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

The pop star performed, along with Usher, at the $1 million personal concert for Mutassim Gaddafi, according to diplomatic cables which describe the Gaddafi family's extravagant spending.

The revelation sparked calls for Beyonce and other entertainers who've been paid by the Gaddafi clan to return the money or donate it to charity.

Asked to comment, Beyonce's spokesperson, Yvette Noel-Schure emailed The Huffington Post:

All monies paid to Beyoncé for her performance at a private party at Nikki Beach St. Barts on New Year's Eve 2009, including the commissions paid to her booking agency, were donated to the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti, over a year ago. Once it became known that the third party promoter was linked to the Qaddafi family, the decision was made to put that payment to a good cause.

Noel-Schure said that Beyonce contributed the funds to the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, which was established in the wake of that country's devastating earthquake last year. A spokesperson for the fund confirmed that Beyonce did give $1 million to the Clinton Foundation, which was accepting donations for Haiti relief, in the first few weeks after the January 2010 disaster.

blah blah blah fuckin blah...they knew damn well who and where the money came from when they were cashing the damn check...to the left to the left with that false integrity shit...I don't even care about the money, because as far as i'm concerned every last one of these countries get rich off blood money, America included...i'd take some Gaddafi money right now and feel good about myself while i'm spending it...but they have to save face and do God's work with the Devil's money so they don't jeopardize future earnings...this shit came out about Beyonce not too long after she did the show (a show Russel Simmons was at and tweeted that it was a Gaddafi party...so her team can miss me with the bullshit that they didn't know where the money came from), but her team tried to sweep it under the rug...now that Gaddafi is headline news and they have to address it publicly...ah well

blah blah blah fuckin blah...they knew damn well who and where the money came from when they were cashing the damn check...to the left to the left with that false integrity shit...I don't even care about the money, because as far as i'm concerned every last one of these countries get rich off blood money, America included...i'd take some Gaddafi money right now and feel good about myself while i'm spending it...but they have to save face and do God's work with the Devil's money so they don't jeopardize future earnings...this shit came out about Beyonce not too long after she did the show (a show Russel Simmons was at and tweeted that it was a Gaddafi party...so her team can miss me with the bullshit that they didn't know where the money came from), but her team tried to sweep it under the rug...now that Gaddafi is headline news and they have to address it publicly...ah well

of course she knew and she can say she donated it. that's an easy way out. :coffee:

I'mma need Gaddafi to pay me. I ain't returning or donating that shit though. No. I'm going shopping, ya hear. The only donating I'm doing is to my wardrobe. HELLUR!

i'd take a Gaddafi shopping spree right fuckin now...nations have been getting rich off blood money from time in memorial so I couldn't give less of a fuck...but all this integrity after the fact doesn't mean shit...and her lying ass team, they donated their Gaddafi money after he story broke about her doing a performance at a Gaddafi party...it just wasn't as publicized cuz Gaddafi wasn't headline news at the time like he is now...now all these celebs are in damage control mode....they can all have several seats...

i'd take a Gaddafi shopping spree right fuckin now...nations have been getting rich off blood money from time in memorial so I couldn't give less of a fuck...but all this integrity after the fact doesn't mean shit...and her lying ass team, they donated their Gaddafi money after he story broke about her doing a performance at a Gaddafi party...it just wasn't as publicized cuz Gaddafi wasn't headline news at the time like he is now...now all these celebs are in damage control mode....they can all have several seats...

:lol: for real! It's like MJ all over again. When he was accused of shit everyone was like 'erm he's a has been' etc but when he dies everyone like 'oh hell yeah I LURVED him' :filenails:. It's just that this time it's the other way around. Love Gaddafi when he's not news but the moment he's being blasted by everybody it's like 'nuh uh dude gotta go'. They (governments) did it with Osama, with Saddam and now him. Only thing is that now celebs are caught up in it.

Whitney voice " i wanna see the receipts" :coffee:

Beyonce: I Gave Gaddafi's Concert Money To Haiti Relief

This story has been updated

NEW YORK -- Beyonce says she donated to Haiti relief the money she was given to perform at a 2009 New Year's Eve party in St. Barts thrown by the son of embattled Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.

The pop star performed, along with Usher, at the $1 million personal concert for Mutassim Gaddafi, according to diplomatic cables which describe the Gaddafi family's extravagant spending.

The revelation sparked calls for Beyonce and other entertainers who've been paid by the Gaddafi clan to return the money or donate it to charity.

Asked to comment, Beyonce's spokesperson, Yvette Noel-Schure emailed The Huffington Post:

All monies paid to Beyoncé for her performance at a private party at Nikki Beach St. Barts on New Year's Eve 2009, including the commissions paid to her booking agency, were donated to the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti, over a year ago. Once it became known that the third party promoter was linked to the Qaddafi family, the decision was made to put that payment to a good cause.

Noel-Schure said that Beyonce contributed the funds to the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, which was established in the wake of that country's devastating earthquake last year. A spokesperson for the fund confirmed that Beyonce did give $1 million to the Clinton Foundation, which was accepting donations for Haiti relief, in the first few weeks after the January 2010 disaster.

reads nothing else :lmao:

Like BeyBey and Nelly Furtado before her, Mariah Carey has changed her tune about money she earned singing for Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.

Mimi has offered to hand over profits from her next single to a human rights charity after feeling “horrible and embarrassed” about performing a private concert for the Gadhafi family.

:mellow:

Beyonce and Nelly Furtado announced this week that they have handed over the $1 million fees they received for playing gigs at parties hosted by the dictator’s son and entourage to charity in protest over the way the leader has treated his people.

Carey and Usher also faced calls for them to hand over their payments to charity, and now a rep for the Hero hitmaker has apologized and insisted the star had no clue she was playing for Gadhafi’s clan when she accepted the concert deal. Carey says she was naive and unaware about who was in her audience.

Carey has now pledged to hand over the profits of a new song from her upcoming album to a human rights charity.

Wonder why Mariah is waiting until her next album to make that big donation???? Oh, and Usher, we’re waiting on you boo. Time to come off that cash.

Mimi has offered to hand over profits from her next single to a human rights charity after feeling “horrible and embarrassed” about performing a private concert for the Gadhafi family.

What is the human rights charity gonna do with $10.49? :huh:

Archived