Janet at the Houston Rodeo

JoeJoe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was the houston show a part of some other musical show

or was it a solely janet show

The Houston show was not apart of any other musical show.

It was soley a Janet Jackson show. That night was given to

only Janet to perform. :yahoo:

The people in attendance inside of the stadium did not have to be there

if they didnt want to. If they didnt want to see Janet, they could pay

an entrance fee of $7 to enter the carnival area and enjoy the carnival

festivities then go home. Instead, those people chose to buy the concert

tickets to see Janet for that night. :yep:

There is a different singer performing each night, and not all shows are

sell outs. The rodeo runs from Mach 1-20, and so far Janet Jackson's

March 4 show has been the only sell out. :cheer:

Today (Sunday-March 6, 2011) Salina Gomez performs.Ordinarily her show would be an automatic sell out but she messing with that white boy (Beiber) and hispanics dont take too kindly to that (race/culture loyalty). If Salina Gomez boyfriends name had been Antonio, Havier, or Jesus I would call her show a sell out and it would have been sold out a week ago, but its Sunday and its not a sell out. :sigh:

^ Selena Gomez performed with Justin Bieber at the Livestock last year and their show became the 8th highest attendance.

Yes, but... they wasn't fu-ing each other either :rolleyes:

The relationship is a turn off for white people

and for hispanics-a disappointment. Just like when

Jennifer Lopez was messing with Diddy yrs ago, hispanics

did not like and did not want that. She got her a hispanic

man- Mark Anthony and they love that. :yep:

Anyways... where they at now--the fans :wtf:

her show is not a sell out today-March 6, 2011.

Because of the Biebs...Selena's only good when it comes to that Disney show, and even then she's no Hannah Montana.

Yea, I know it's because of him. I was responding to this:

Salina Gomez performs.Ordinarily her show would be an automatic sell out but she messing with that white boy (Beiber) and hispanics dont take too kindly to that (race/culture loyalty). If Salina Gomez boyfriends name had been Antonio, Havier, or Jesus I would call her show a sell out and it would have been sold out a week ago, but its Sunday and its not a sell out.

Janet Jackson takes control of RodeoHouston

James Nielsen/Houston Chronicle

No, my first name ain't baby ...

Janet Jackson hasn't had a major pop hit in a decade. Judging by her electrifying RodeoHouston debut, it's difficult to understand why.

The diminutive diva has spent the last several years releasing underwhelming albums and starring in Tyler Perry films. She's also dealt with the June 2009 death of brother Michael and released a self-help book earlier this year.

But Friday night inside Reliant Stadium, the old Miss Jackson If You're Nasty -- she of industrial-strength pop anthems and breakneck choreography -- was in full effect. Her last appearance in the venue, during Super Bowl XXXVIII, resulted in a now-historic "wardrobe malfunction" and FCC fines.

No such slips this time. She looked incredible in a skintight silver catsuit, her hair chopped into a jagged bob. Even the headset mic was sexy.

Jackson powered through old-school hits Pleasure Principle, Control and What Have You Done For Me Lately, complete with original choreography. There was a ferocity in her steps and in her cries of "Hous-tooon!" that recalled Michael.

It was almost impossible to keep up with the hits: You Want This, Alright, Miss You Much, Nasty. Every lyric incited sing-alongs and dancing in the aisles.

She was sweetly affecting on a ballad break that included Nothing, Come Back To Me, Let's Wait Awhile and Again. Jackson isn't the most powerful singer, but she's never less than engaging. The enthusiastic crowd of 71,948 was the 20th highest of all time -- and the largest audience of her career to date.

A quick change into a strappy black outfit preceded If, which gave way to Scream, Jackson's duet with her brother. It was a powerful moment, topped only by the anthemic cries of set closer Rhythm Nation.

Rihanna, Gaga, Ke$ha and Katy might be ruling radio these days. But they have a long way to go before coming close to Jackson's fierce, fantastic power

http://blogs.chron.com/rodeoblog/archives/2011/03/janet_jackson_t.html

Archived