Legendtina to take on rock influenced album...

moonlight

I'm talking about her followers. She has no stable fan base because she keeps trying to be a chameleon. And not only does it lead to commercial failure, it is a terrible move as an artist because it obviously is forced. Bubblegum Pop to an eclectic mix to Old Jazz and then Electropop, and now to Rock? She's as much of a gimmick as GaGa except she's wasting her talent.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

You'd be surprised at how many non-fans I've met who LOVE "Fighter", arguably her best rock song to date. That doesn't include the many fans, such as myself, who live for that song. Her music definitely isn't forced because she has always been experimental with her sound. Stripped, if you listen closely, is R&B, Pop, Rock, Soul, Jazz, Latin, and touches of Hip-Hop. Back To Basics was the same - R&B, Jazz, R&B/Gospel fusion, Big Band, and some Pop. The material is all pretty consistent, it's just the music (or genre if you will) is different. Bionic is the definition of forced imo. She didn't want to do that electro/pop shit and she knew it. RCA made her do it. Itaintwork. But even though the genre was electro/pop, the material (lyrical content, themes, etc) was still very much so "Xtina".

Stripped was her stride, she went into the studio and let things flow. If she's truly eclectic and wants to show that off, she'll just continue down that path. Making all these different genre-strong albums is only going to do her in. It's gimmicky and very transparent.

By the way, I wouldn't claim Bionic's lyrics as "typical Christina." They were horrific.

Stripped was her stride, she went into the studio and let things flow. If she's truly eclectic and wants to show that off, she'll just continue down that path. Making all these different genre-strong albums is only going to do her in. It's gimmicky and very transparent.

By the way, I wouldn't claim Bionic's lyrics as "typical Christina." They were horrific.

"A Rubber band was an analogy..

You could even say ita a metaphor"

Still bugs me to this day. :umm:

but I think a majority of the slower songs are her best to date.

& seemed the most genuine.

GET out of my brain :mellow:

YES! :lol:

Oh the slower material was great. But the uptempo songs were so bad that the downtempo ones don't matter.

Didn't Pink already do this, though? Like several times?

:unsure:

What I mean is at this moment, rock is not very popular right now. If she can pull off a good rock record without sounding like Starship 2011/2012 and make it popular again, maybe more people will believe in her.

i dont think bionic was a bad album my fave tracks are

bionic

woohoo

desnudate

prima donna

sex for breakfast

vanity (until she went all crazy at the end)

i dont think bionic was a bad album my fave tracks are

bionic

woohoo

desnudate

prima donna

sex for breakfast

vanity (until she went all crazy at the end)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ Vanity. I cried laughing when I first heard that cause I KNEW it was coming but not like that & you know she did that only cause she wanted to. :lmao:

I don't think she tries too hard at all, nor do I think she knows not who she is. It's the opposite. Her music is a reflection of who she is...she's a risk-taker. She can do any genre because her voice and creativity allows such. Bionic wasn't even electro-pop imo....she wanted to work with artists that she listened to....Peaches, Sia, M.I.A, and Santigold are nobodys electropop artists....it was never about following trends or bandwagon jumping. She takes genuine risks with her music and has no fucking regrets....that's one of the biggest reasons I'm a fan for life.

I think a rock album would really showcase her vocal prowess and in effect truly separate her from her peers.

The thing about distinctive sounds is that they are imitated and become dated. Christina Aguilera doesn't need a sound....she has a voice....which just so happens to be one of the greatest voices of all time.

Bionic wasn't even electro-pop imo....she wanted to work with artists that she listened to....Peaches, Sia, M.I.A, and Santigold are nobodys electropop artists....it was never about following trends or bandwagon jumping. She takes genuine risks with her music and has no fucking regrets....that's one of the biggest reasons I'm a fan for life.

I go hard for all four of those artists, and none of their influence came through on the album doll. Hence it being purely Electropop.

I don't think she tries too hard at all, nor do I think she knows not who she is. It's the opposite. Her music is a reflection of who she is...she's a risk-taker. She can do any genre because her voice and creativity allows such. Bionic wasn't even electro-pop imo....she wanted to work with artists that she listened to....Peaches, Sia, M.I.A, and Santigold are nobodys electropop artists....it was never about following trends or bandwagon jumping. She takes genuine risks with her music and has no fucking regrets....that's one of the biggest reasons I'm a fan for life.

I think a rock album would really showcase her vocal prowess and in effect truly separate her from her peers.

The thing about distinctive sounds is that they are imitated and become dated. Christina Aguilera doesn't need a sound....she has a voice....which just so happens to be one of the greatest voices of all time.

:umm:

The album had elements of electro pop portion of the album was the trend at the time & although I honestly don’t think she intends to hop on trends, whenever one of her albums comes out she has a nasty habit of being “tardy for the party” & someone’s already doing what she’s doing & on a much bigger & popular scale. So…when she says that shes coming with something different each time & by the time that comes out we’re already in the groove & you say its different & try and make it out to be better than everyone else’s work its like… :umm:

& it didn’t help that her label wanted her to go in direct competition with Lady Gaga & re-record new material for the album. (which is probably where Not Myself Tonight came from)

I think her main problem is that she does try to hard to be an….”artist” & has the methodology that switching up your image/genre in which you sing = a good artist & while its always good to try and come fresh each time , don’t do it just for the sake of it. Now if a rock influenced album is what she genuinely wanted to do then so be I’d recommend the following…

-Hurry up... It don’t take no damn 4 years to yell & scream for an album.

- Incorporate aspects of your past music for your fans so you don’t loose what little you have left.

- Less is More ( & although this is applicable to just Christina in general) im referring to the album itself. Go in with the mindset of what you wanna do & cut it down to 13 -14 tracks MAXINUM.

Don’t give me interludes, don’t give me a double disc with like 5 trillion songs total., just give me the true tea.

Theres alot more I think she needs to do imo & her attitude & how she presents herself (or at least her music) is one I can think of off of the top of my head, but thats the start I think she eneds to take.

Archived