I FEEL REALLY SORRY FOR BRITNEY SPEARS........

sean_iz_legend

ugh...why do her rehearsals look better than what she does on stage.. :umm:

Some people have said it may be a confidence issue on her part . . . I'm wondering if maybe she takes extra meds before public appearances? :unsure: I have no idea, but it's frustrating!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kinda. She still can't do anything, sign any contract, drive by herself, ect without it being approved by a judge. I think she's going along with it b/c of her kids also.

I think she's a lot more free to go when and where she wants and be in contact with people than she was before - it's not actually the judge who oversees her actions, it's the court-appointed conservator (in this case, her father). I don't think he's watching her every move like the were doing for a while.

Some people have said it may be a confidence issue on her part . . . I'm wondering if maybe she takes extra meds before public appearances? :unsure: I have no idea, but it's frustrating!

I can see that. She says she still gets really nervous on stage. Plus it always looks like she's about to shit her panties on stage :lol:

I think she's a lot more free to go when and where she wants and be in contact with people than she was before - it's not actually the judge who oversees her actions, it's the court-appointed conservator (in this case, her father). I don't think he's watching her every move like the were doing for a while.

Both her lawyer & her therapist have say if she actually gets out of it, right?

I can see that. She says she still gets really nervous on stage. Plus it always looks like she's about to shit her panties on stage :lol:

Yeah, it's like she tenses up and gets really self-conscious or something. It's the way I used to dance in recitals when I was a little kid and was painfully aware of the audience. :lol:

Both her lawyer & her therapist have say if she actually gets out of it, right?

Yeah, I know there's a psychologist involved, and of course a few lawyers. Apparently, their reports to the judge in the most recent meetings (a few months ago, I think) were all positive for Britney, and it was expected that they were going to remove the conservatorship, but they didn't, for whatever reason.

Yeah, I know there's a psychologist involved, and of course a few lawyers. Apparently, their reports to the judge in the most recent meetings (a few months ago, I think) were all positive for Britney, and it was expected that they were going to remove the conservatorship, but they didn't, for whatever reason.

Prolly cause she signed on to tour--Im guessing insurance reasons?

I wouldn't say all that in terms of stepping out the box... :unsure: but her music is good.

I mean it in the sense that she's the only one doing STANK dance tracks. Things like this and this. Her music is just WEIRD compared to the other girls.

You know it's the truth. :rolleyes:

She only did bubblegum pop in the late '90s/early '00s. Unless you're talking about the silly Max Martin songs like If U Seek Amy and 3, she doesn't do anything like that anymore. Her albums are much more textured. In the Zone and Blackout especially.

It makes me sad, too, as a pop music fan. Because she's one of my faves - has been for about 12 years now - and I'd hate to see her leave the scene, as I always look forward to her releases. That, compounded with the fact that Janet seems less enthusiastic about her music than some of her other projects these days (I know she's planning another album, but I don't know what to expect from her), puts two of my faves on shaky ground.

Ideally, I think I'd like Britney to take a break for a few years, spend some time with her family, and then if she's up to it, come back hard and with passion. Because she may not enjoy the spotlight and all of the pressure right now, but some people do start to miss it when they're away from it for too long.

The thing is that Britney makes Janet looked confident and secure. She makes me feel better about Janet, lol. Janet still at least does what SHE wants to do; she's healthy. Britney isn't and that's root of the problem.

I agree. People sometimes leave and then realize it was a mistake and that they were born for show business. I'm not sure Britney would come back, but what else would she do? Become an MJ-esque recluse with paps following her everywhere? I hope not.

Lizzy, have you read this( :lol: )

Heather Bright, one of the songwriters from Femme Fatale addressed in her blog about the fact that Britney has no writing credits on the album:

http://www.heatherbright.com/blog/?p=677

"And before I sign off, I would just like to address one thing! The media is talking trash about how Britney didn’t write any of the songs on her album… HELLO! Wake up everybody! NONE OF THESE ARTISTS WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS!!!!!! (there are a few exceptions… lady gaga, will.i.am/BEP, chris brown is starting to write a lot of his own stuff…ummmm… and now I’m running out of artists). Anyway… here’s my thing… and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said…

“Hey, you wanna be on my album? I’m gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn’t write anything! And then I’m gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I’m performing your song!”

I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I’ve had that conversation with! And I’m on the other end like… “Oh okay… so you wanna rape me, but just with the tip?!” *Prince side eye* Britney’s one of the few artists I’ve worked with who didn’t try to take something that wasn’t hers. In my experience, from a business standpoint, her entire team is nothing less than a bonafide class act! If I ever have another song that she wants and another artist happens to want the same song… Britney will get it EVERYTIME! Why? Because she’s honest! And she treats her writers and producers with respect and dignity. An artist is nothing without a hit song… and a hit song is nothing without the right artist. It looks like the question I posed earlier just found its answer… maybe this is why 12 years later she’s STILL at the top!

The thing is that Britney makes Janet looked confident and secure. She makes me feel better about Janet, lol. Janet still at least does what SHE wants to do; she's healthy. Britney isn't and that's root of the problem.

I agree. People sometimes leave and then realize it was a mistake and that they were born for show business. I'm not sure Britney would come back, but what else would she do? Become an MJ-esque recluse with paps following her everywhere? I hope not.

Oh, yeah, when it comes to Britney and Janet's relation to their music careers, Janet definitely seems WAY more into it than Britney, no doubt. I just don't like it when Janet goes off to do movies and stuff (which seems to be more where her heart is now), but I Janet's a professional and, as you said, healthy and would never do the kind of things Britney's doing. But I do wonder how many more albums/tours we'll get out of Janet, y'know?

That's the thing with Britney - she's not yet 30, and she's a superstar. Yes, she could go be a mom, but she can't go back to Louisiana with the kids because Kevin lives in LA and I believe he still has primary custody. So she'd just be hanging around LA, with the paps still on her tail. I think she may marry her current bf and maybe have kids with him and maybe she'd take a little while out for that? Idk, she's in a tricky situation.

Lizzy, have you read this( :lol: )

Heather Bright, one of the songwriters from Femme Fatale addressed in her blog about the fact that Britney has no writing credits on the album:

http://www.heatherbright.com/blog/?p=677

"And before I sign off, I would just like to address one thing! The media is talking trash about how Britney didn’t write any of the songs on her album… HELLO! Wake up everybody! NONE OF THESE ARTISTS WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS!!!!!! (there are a few exceptions… lady gaga, will.i.am/BEP, chris brown is starting to write a lot of his own stuff…ummmm… and now I’m running out of artists). Anyway… here’s my thing… and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said…

“Hey, you wanna be on my album? I’m gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn’t write anything! And then I’m gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I’m performing your song!”

I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I’ve had that conversation with! And I’m on the other end like… “Oh okay… so you wanna rape me, but just with the tip?!” *Prince side eye* Britney’s one of the few artists I’ve worked with who didn’t try to take something that wasn’t hers. In my experience, from a business standpoint, her entire team is nothing less than a bonafide class act! If I ever have another song that she wants and another artist happens to want the same song… Britney will get it EVERYTIME! Why? Because she’s honest! And she treats her writers and producers with respect and dignity. An artist is nothing without a hit song… and a hit song is nothing without the right artist. It looks like the question I posed earlier just found its answer… maybe this is why 12 years later she’s STILL at the top!

Yeah, I've heard this about her before - she's not greedy about the writing credits, and isn't going to pretend to contribute to something if she didn't. Someone who either produced or wrote Mannequin (I think it was that song) started claiming that she hadn't genuinely written it . . . before conceding that she had, in fact, added some things to the final product.

The only reason I bring up her *not* writing isn't because it bugs me, it just seems odd to me that after contributing to a few tracks on every album since Britney (I think she only did one on Oops :unsure:), she's nowhere to be seen on this one. Idk, I detect it as another sign of detachment . . . or maybe the label just didn't want to go with any songs she may have contributed to.

Yeah, I've heard this about her before - she's not greedy about the writing credits, and isn't going to pretend to contribute to something if she didn't. Someone who either produced or wrote Mannequin (I think it was that song) started claiming that she hadn't genuinely written it . . . before conceding that she had, in fact, added some things to the final product.

The only reason I bring up her *not* writing isn't because it bugs me, it just seems odd to me that after contributing to a few tracks on every album since Britney (I think she only did one on Oops :unsure:), she's nowhere to be seen on this one.

She prolly did. You never know. It prolly just didn't make the final cut. She did write a song for BOMT....but it ended up not being on the album.

She prolly did. You never know. It prolly just didn't make the final cut. She did write a song for BOMT....but it ended up not being on the album.

Well, she (or whoever was doing the typing :lol:) did say in one of her Twitter Q&As, pre-album release, that she had co-written a couple of songs . . . but then the tracklisting came out and she was nowhere to be seen.

Well, she (or whoever was doing the typing :lol:) did say in one of her Twitter Q&As, pre-album release, that she had co-written a couple of songs . . . but then the tracklisting came out and she was nowhere to be seen.

She did :lol:

I was like where the fuck she @ when looking at the tracklist :lol:

I mean it in the sense that she's the only one doing STANK dance tracks. Things like this and this. Her music is just WEIRD compared to the other girls.

I understand what you're tryna say & me & a friend always gave her credit for her dance music sounding... different from the pack, if you will. Having said that Femme Fatale totally cancels that out as it sounds like other pop stars like Ke$ha, Katy, BEP etc... which somewhat disappointed me this time around.

Britney is either going to get over this part of her life or shes going to fade out because she wants to. I think shes also stuck in the realm of knowing what she has is an absolute dream for many people and she doesn't want to just throw it away and regret it. I feel for her because shes not happy at all

Feel Sorry for her?..Hey if it dosen't work out with this project...She'll be fine...Maybe she should start selling shoes like Jessica Simpson.

Well, she already has a clothing line with Candie's. :lol:

I really don't thinks she has that many interests beyond music and her family.

Completely right.

It's very sad for me because she's the only mainstream pop bitch who actually gives us good albums. She's the only one who ever steps out of the box and defies the public opinion or media agenda. She doesn't step far out of that box, no; she's no Madonna or Janet in that regard. But she's the best we got right now and I'd hate to see her go. She brings something magic to her work, even when she isn't feeling it.

Her albums are full of filler and uninspiring bubble gum garb. Not out the box at all.

She only did bubblegum pop in the late '90s/early '00s. Unless you're talking about the silly Max Martin songs like If U Seek Amy and 3, she doesn't do anything like that anymore. Her albums are much more textured. In the Zone and Blackout especially.

Her music has always been bubblegum teeny pop.

Archived