I FEEL REALLY SORRY FOR BRITNEY SPEARS........

sean_iz_legend

:lmao: @ the Laurman comment. :lmao:

I'll give you "Womanizer", but it wasn't anything to brag about. It got hype because Britney finally put the pills down, and picked up her choreographer from the unemployment line. You couldn't tell her stans she wasn't back and wasn't about to slay. :lmao: Nothing about this era so far has gotten much attention, positive attention that is. She's been dragged on every social network known to man. I wouldn't be surprised if ppl on the moon were dragging her. That is what happens when you manufacture an artist. Jive never developed her. They basically put her out on the clothes line to dry and hopefully she'd pick up the skills. That never happened. She still has some good songs, I liked the lead single from this album - mainly the breakdown - and the video was watchable. But I truly think it's over for her. She doesn't have any drive left in her and it shows.

Perhaps it could be that she's doing stuff she doesn't want to do because she's unhappy with what she has to do. No creative control. No nothing. She's just over imo. She had a nice run though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give you "Womanizer", but it wasn't anything to brag about. It got hype because Britney finally put the pills down, and picked up her choreographer from the unemployment line. You couldn't tell her stans she wasn't back and wasn't about to slay. :lmao: Nothing about this era so far has gotten much attention, positive attention that is. She's been dragged on every social network known to man. I wouldn't be surprised if ppl on the moon were dragging her. That is what happens when you manufacture an artist. Jive never developed her. They basically put her out on the clothes line to dry and hopefully she'd pick up the skills. That never happened. She still has some good songs, I liked the lead single from this album - mainly the breakdown - and the video was watchable. But I truly think it's over for her. She doesn't have any drive left in her and it shows.

Perhaps it could be that she's doing stuff she doesn't want to do because she's unhappy with what she has to do. No creative control. No nothing. She's just over imo. She had a nice run though.

I felt she really came into her own during the In the Zone era, really. She was very creatively involved in that project, and I felt like we were really getting a glimpse of her. But it was after that, of course, that the breakdown happened. I think she's far from a creative genius, but it would've been interesting to see her continue to develop without that breakdown.

I think it's very telling that this is the first album since her debut where she hasn't co-written at least one song - even on Blackout and Circus she co-wrote a few, and she executive-produced Blackout. But she seems SO divorced from it all now.

She's having an out of body experience. IDK WTF is going on with her mentally. I really think she might have a mental problem. She has written in the past, but one these past couple of projects, it seems like the majority of stuff has just been handed to her, like with her first two albums. There's nowhere else she can go artistically imo. She just seems so removed from herself and her career that you almost want to support her out of sympathy.

Yea.. & even though "Womanizer" wasnt "EPIC" (like everything her stans claims she does is) It was still a decent video and gave the illusion that she was gonna actually try.....& then the live performances & her tour came. As far as maufacuring her though, yea thats how she came into the game but to her credit she actually took more control in 03 with "In The Zone" & even wanted to take it a step further with her next album. From what I heard it was supposed to be released in 05 & they even sent a song to radio but canceled it for w/e reason and during that time we all know she shaved her head & became Mr. Freezeney & went bat shit crazy.

I dont think its OVER for her. He first week sales may not be underwhelming, but for her to have just sat on her ass and pulled that shows theres some glimmer of intrigue there for w/e reason. I think another break would help but it'd be the last time to get shit together. Ill give her the BOTD and say that the last time she went away alot of personal shit with that marriage was going on so it wasn't technically a break, but now theres no apparent source of depression other than her not wanting to do music. its clear that she hasnt been in the zone since "In The Zone" & "Blackout" couldnt have been a more perfect name for her return and all of the albums that followed after.

If you look at her career, and where she's at, she does not want to do this. Her eyes tell the entire story. She doesn't want to do this anymore. Her performances show it. Her music is showing it. The way she carries herself during interviews shows it. Her sales are declining with each album, and not just in albums, but in overall records as well. Either she needs a career overhaul, or she can just nip it in the bud at this point. I think her fans are slowly starting to see her decline and disinvestment in her career. I would have been jumped ship if I were a fan. I don't do 360 degree mediocrity.

I don't feel sorry for her at all. If she wants go walk away she can damn well do it with all that money. Not to mention Janets been through worse shit then her, plus if she actually had any talent that the world would miss then I might feel sad, but she don't.

How can she walk away if she has contractual agreements to fulfil? She doesn't even have control of her own career or money and that is not her fault.

And how can you say Janet has been trough worse shit? you don't know either of them at all. And different people handle things differently.......the same thing could happen to you and me, but it could greatly affect me and you not so much.

I feel sad for Britney, too. The MTV thing was upsetting to watch - she kept saying she was excited about things and such, yet she couldn't have seemed less enthusiastic if she tried. I think she's way in over her head. During the Circus era, I didn't mind that she seemed to have people pushing her to get out there and perform, because it seemed healthy for her at the time and she seemed to be getting stronger. But now, seeing her, my heart breaks. She's so clearly uncomfortable/unhappy/whatever.

I don't think she's doing this because of child support payments or because fans want it - it's a contractual thing, and she's still under the conservatorship as well. This is apparently her last album on contract with Jive, though, and the conservatorship has apparently been loosening its grip . . . I hope from here she can do something that's healthy for her and her kids.

A month or so ago, William Orbit (who worked with her on some tracks for Femme Fatale but they didn't make the cut) tweeted that he got the feeling she wanted to retire. At the time, I thought (/hoped) it was just him being bitter, but based on these performances and things, I can't imagine that she's enjoying this in any way.

Completely right.

It's very sad for me because she's the only mainstream pop bitch who actually gives us good albums. She's the only one who ever steps out of the box and defies the public opinion or media agenda. She doesn't step far out of that box, no; she's no Madonna or Janet in that regard. But she's the best we got right now and I'd hate to see her go. She brings something magic to her work, even when she isn't feeling it.

Completely right.

It's very sad for me because she's the only mainstream pop bitch who actually gives us good albums. She's the only one who ever steps out of the box and defies the public opinion or media agenda. She doesn't step far out of that box, no; she's no Madonna or Janet in that regard. But she's the best we got right now and I'd hate to see her go. She brings something magic to her work, even when she isn't feeling it.

I wouldn't say all that in terms of stepping out the box... :unsure: but her music is good.

Completely right.

It makes me sad, too, as a pop music fan. Because she's one of my faves - has been for about 12 years now - and I'd hate to see her leave the scene, as I always look forward to her releases. That, compounded with the fact that Janet seems less enthusiastic about her music than some of her other projects these days (I know she's planning another album, but I don't know what to expect from her), puts two of my faves on shaky ground.

Ideally, I think I'd like Britney to take a break for a few years, spend some time with her family, and then if she's up to it, come back hard and with passion. Because she may not enjoy the spotlight and all of the pressure right now, but some people do start to miss it when they're away from it for too long.

If you look at her career, and where she's at, she does not want to do this. Her eyes tell the entire story. She doesn't want to do this anymore. Her performances show it. Her music is showing it. The way she carries herself during interviews shows it. Her sales are declining with each album, and not just in albums, but in overall records as well. Either she needs a career overhaul, or she can just nip it in the bud at this point. I think her fans are slowly starting to see her decline and disinvestment in her career. I would have been jumped ship if I were a fan. I don't do 360 degree mediocrity.

All of the singles & albums during the "Circus era" Outsold the evreything that was released during the "Blackout era"

It makes me sad, too, as a pop music fan. Because she's one of my faves - has been for about 12 years now - and I'd hate to see her leave the scene, as I always look forward to her releases. That, compounded with the fact that Janet seems less enthusiastic about her music than some of her other projects these days (I know she's planning another album, but I don't know what to expect from her), puts two of my faves on shaky ground.

Ideally, I think I'd like Britney to take a break for a few years, spend some time with her family, and then if she's up to it, come back hard and with passion. Because she may not enjoy the spotlight and all of the pressure right now, but some people do start to miss it when they're away from it for too long.

I don't think its not that she doesn't want to do this. She's just unhappy with certain situations that's going on with her life.

as she said in FTR "It's not too out of control,its too IN control. There's no passion, no excitement. Its just very boring

I don't think that its not that she doesn't want to do this. She's just unhappy with certain situation that's going on with her life.

as she said in FTR "It's not too out of control,its too IN control. There's no passion, no excitement. Its just very boring

But that's the whole thing - other people are too in control of her. I don't know if she's feeling it just in her personal life (which seems to be going fine, really) or her professional life, but she's clearly detached.

I mean, did you watch the MTV documentary last night? She seemed completely removed.

But that's the whole thing - other people are too in control of her. I don't know if she's feeling it just in her personal life (which seems to be going fine, really) or her professional life, but she's clearly detached.

I mean, did you watch the MTV documentary last night? She seemed completely removed.

I think its a personal thing for the most part & maybe a career thing too. Just like the whole jail thing she mentioned in FTR. IMO, she was referring to the conservatorship. I really don't think she's happy with it. Who would be? ESP at this point.

WHERE can I see that documentary ?

I think its a personal thing for the most part & maybe a career thing too. Just like the whole jail thing she mentioned in FTR. IMO, she was referring to the conservatorship. I really don't think she's happy with it. Who would be? ESP at this point.

She was definitely talking about the conservatorship, and of course she isn't happy with it, though I think she's gone along with some things so that she can maintain access to here kids.

From what I've heard, the reins have been loosened, and the conservatorship is mostly only financial now, but I don't know for sure.

In pictures, she looks very happy and relaxed when she's with her boyfriend and/or her boys . . . but put her on stage and she looks very uncomfortable.

She was definitely talking about the conservatorship, and of course she isn't happy with it, though I think she's gone along with some things so that she can maintain access to here kids.

From what I've heard, the reins have been loosened, and the conservatorship is mostly only financial now, but I don't know for sure.

In pictures, she looks very happy and relaxed when she's with her boyfriend and/or her boys . . . but put her on stage and she looks very uncomfortable.

kinda. She still can't do anything, sign any contract, drive by herself, ect without it being approved by a judge. I think she's going along with it b/c of her kids also.

Archived