What's In a Word? The "N" word The "F" word?

Bailey

You are reducing my dislike of the use of the word to the fact that I was at times picked on because I was different. That is not the main reason I have issues with the word. I explained why already. I am guessing that you don't mind being called a ****** because that's what you expect, it's what you are used to. You already said earlier in the thread that you wouldn't mind being called a ******. It doesn't matter whether you are effected by the word or not, it's about having enough self respect to expect more. My white mother raised me to expect more for myself. And I'm mentioning her colour and my racial background to show that even though you were raised around White people, I was raised by one, and in essence my views were shaped by her. This gives me a unique perspective on this issue, an understanding from both sides.

Now we are back to actually discussing things, the funny part about the entire thread is I am more in agreement with you than disagreement I see many reasons why the word should not be used. I respectfully heard your opinion, I do not care per se what people will call me I am an educated man who has achieved a lot in my time, so for me to sit here and think White is this or that ain't happening I see White kids everyday in class and I beat their pants off just about anything thrown our way. There's a reason I am a 4.0 student honey. As for being called ****** no I don't mind, because if they call me that either they thought it and wasn't going to say it but still does not change the fact that is what they believe, I want to know what my opponent believes so if it makes them feel better about themselves to call me ****** then by all means have at it, that does not make me one and there is the belief I live by, once again its not what they call you its what you answer to. Like the words in discussion it is not within my power nor anyone elses to control who says what and when they say it nor how, so for me to sit here tying my self respect to someone else mouth is ridiculous

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the word as offensive to many, I know the history, as for you Paul despite what you may think about me feeling less and bad judgment I think you are a stellar guy, I enjoy you, I am truly sorry you experienced things the way you did because when you mentioned it I thought to myself all those things make him beautiful

Archived