What's In a Word? The "N" word The "F" word?

Bailey

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

more "lenient" towards blacks?

that's like saying "Hitler was more lenient towards Jewish women"... or did i go too far with that statement? bad comparison..

yes, when discussing the word.. we're mostly talking about the confederates... but let's not ignore the ignorant of the north

Yes, from what I can remember, tensions between Whites and Blacks in the north were much less than that of the South.

Terrible analogy. >_<

I'm not denying that, but when you say ******, you're alluding to the South.

Ch...

faggots.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you two stepping now, either it's not to be used or it is, you already said no :filenails:

Because others use it doesn't mean I use it. When it comes down to it, majority of the black community goes into a rage when whites uses 'nigga' in the same exact way they do, but then what to say they turned it so whites can't use it. If you use it but have a problem with whites using it in the same way as you, then remove the word from your vocabulary.

:asham:

How dreadful.

How so? He uses it in the same manner as blacks.

I find "******" to be worse than "Faggot". Especially since "******" is the reason why gays can't unite. You still have white gays that look down on black people. Use their white social status to boost themselves and their ego.

Unlike niggas, gay people come in all shades and colors. How gan you be for gay rights, but can't support the Black, Latino, Asian, and Indian community? I bet you want those minority votes though when its time to remove that gay marriage ban.

Yes, white women, and the white gay community experience oppression, but it will never be as deep or offensive as good old "******".

I find "******" to be worse than "Faggot". Especially since "******" is the reason why gays can't unite. You still have white gays that look down on black people. Use their white social status to boost themselves and their ego.

Unlike niggas, gay people come in all shades and colors. How gan you be for gay rights, but can't support the Black, Latino, Asian, and Indian community? I bet you want those minority votes though when its time to remove that gay marriage ban.

Yes, white women, and the white gay community experience oppression, but it will never be as deep or offensive as good old "******".

can't argue with that, when they wanna cut you down something proper they use the time honored no holds barred "******" on dat ass :filenails:

How so? He uses it in the same manner as blacks.

That's dreadful. Black people use the term as a defense mechanism. It's really no different from the gays calling each other 'faggots' but get upset when someone that isn't gay calls them one.

Ch...

faggots.jpg

Those aren't real faggots, they're made from liver and onions rolled into meatballs and served with sauce. They're basically made for wusses who won't eat the real thing which is made from offal :lol:

Growing up I had many friends, latin, asian, indian who got the "Nigga Pass". They were minorities, from poor neighborhoods just like me. They were allowed to say "nigga". Even poor/low income white dudes, with certain amounts of street credibility. No one was offended because we shared a common struggle. Especially since the word is rarely used in a derogatory way in those environments.

Now if white boy Johnny from the suburbs who's dad is the CEO of Uncle Tom Incorporated comes into town talking about ****** this and ****** that...... there's going to be a problem.

Yes thats a double standard, but when you are the one oppressing others/position of power, you don't get to decide on what's offensive and what's not.

-------------

Now.. these days it's hard to tell. It's like I receive just as much racial hatred from hispanic people as I do from white people at times. It could be a language barrier thing since latinos are the largest growing minority. It just seems like everyone is out to compete. There is no common understanding.

Growing up I had many friends, latin, asian, indian who got the &quot;Nigga Pass&quot;. They were minorities, from poor neighborhoods just like me. They were allowed to say &quot;nigga&quot;. Even poor/low income white dudes, with certain amounts of street credibility. No one was offended because we shared a common struggle. Especially since the word is never used in a derogatory way in those environments. Now if white boy Johnny from the suburbs who's dad is the CEO of Uncle Tom Incorporated comes into town talking about ****** this and ****** that...... there's going to be a problem. Yes thats a double standard, but when you are the one oppressing others/position of power, you don't get to decide on what's offensive and what's not.

So its an uneducated thing... only the poor, pathetic druggies and criminals can use it.... Got it :coffee:

u do realize that some blacks, especially the conservative religious blacks, would not vote for gay rights..

Hence: PROP 8

How can gays support a "community" when some blacks, especially the conservative religious blacks, when they would not vote for gay rights.. Hence: PROP 8

I find the Prop 8 debate laughable simply because the gay community never reached out to the black community. You handle it the way you would handle any other conservative religious person. Not because their a "black" conservative religious person. Conservative religious people come in every color :asham: Again, black votes were singled out and they tried to make it as if blacks were solely responsible. You need the votes of all nationalities.

You have a bunch of people, all there for supposedly the same goal, but they can't even get along. :lmao: There was no need for them white gays to be spouting out the word "******" like they were :sigh:

I find the Prop 8 debate laughable simply because the gay community never reached out to the black community. You handle it the way you would handle any other conservative religious person. Not because their a "black" conservative religious person.

equality shouldn't have to "reach out"... i'm black.. they didn't "reach out" to me... they knew what it was.. and they voted it down.. why should equality be a marketing scheme?

should the gays and lesbians of California hire a rapper or another black celebrity... :crazy:to "reach out" to the black people

Because you never heard it use in that way doesn't mean anything. I never heard anyone called a 'fag', but that's because that usage of the word is dated here. I know what blacks tried to do with the 'N-word'...doesn't mean it makes sense for majority to get upset when a white person uses the same word in the same gist. As insults both are comparable...overall, they're not.

Did I say that it did? :mellow:

I said so be it. You don't strike me as a liar so I'd assume you know what your talking about. Plus I already admitted that the word has multiple meanings. On that point we agree. And i also agree that it doesn't make sense for black folks to use the word on a regular and then be mad when other races use it. No one should use it. -_-

And thank you for admitting that as insults both are comparable. That was the only point I ever set out to make. -_-B)

Did I say that it did? :mellow:

I said so be it. You don't strike me as a liar so I'd assume you know what your talking about. Plus I already admitted that the word has multiple meanings. On that point we agree. And i also agree that it doesn't make sense for black folks to use the word on a regular and then be mad when other races use it. No one should use it. -_-

And thank you for admitting that as insults both are comparable. That was the only point I ever set out to make. -_-B)

So what's the use of you constantly saying "I never heard it" as if it doesn't exist :mellow:

I have no reason to lie.

Yes they are comparable...but any kind of slurs are comparable. 'Fag' will never be on the same level as '******' when it comes to hatred.

Archived