this has to be one of the most racist ads i have ever seen

lexus97

rABORTIONBILLBOARDNYClarge570-vi.jpg

Abortion Billboard: Tricia Fraser Sues Life Always For Using Photo Of Daughter

NEW YORK -- A New Jersey mother is suing an anti-abortion organization that used her 6-year-old daughter's image on a massive billboard in New York City that some people denounced as racist and offensive.

Tricia Fraser filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Texas-based Life Always over the billboard that went up briefly in Manhattan earlier this year.

Life Always did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The billboard pictured Fraser's daughter, who is black, along with the words, "The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb." :mellow:

The lawsuit claims the use of her daughter's image was "defamatory, unauthorized and offensive." It called the billboard "racist."

Though the photograph was obtained legally, the lawsuit claims its license prohibited the use of the image in "defamatory" ways.

so is it trying to suggest African Americans have the most abortions. That stuff fuels racism

I can't tell but im wondering because of who funded the billboard ...an anti-abortion group and if that's what they're saying they are 1. wrong I know plenty of Black women that will have that baby long before she wouldnt. and 2. who the fuck is they talking to :filenails:

so is it trying to suggest African Americans have the most abortions. That stuff fuels racism

According to the Census Bureau, the rate of abortions in 2006 among black women was 50 per 1,000, compared with 14 for white women and 22 for "other" women. Those figures fairly reflect historical trends, although rates generally have declined somewhat over the years.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-04-25/news/ct-oped-0426-byrne-20110425_1_abortion-unintended-pregnancies-black-children

According to the Census Bureau, the rate of abortions in 2006 among black women was 50 per 1,000, compared with 14 for white women and 22 for "other" women. Those figures fairly reflect historical trends, although rates generally have declined somewhat over the years.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-04-25/news/ct-oped-0426-byrne-20110425_1_abortion-unintended-pregnancies-black-children

It has to do more with JUST race though. Socioeconomic background, education, it is racist to have a blanket statement that african american kids in the womb are in danger!!

It has to do more with JUST race though. Socioeconomic background, education, it is racist to have a blanket statement that african american kids in the womb are in danger!!

You also have to look at the fact that black women are more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy.

You also have to look at the fact that black women are more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy.

Of course but like I said why is that? Because they are black? Or because they are more likely to be from broken homes, poor and uneducated. Same with citing jail statistics etc.

I completely agree ... they make these statements like every race is on the same playing field economically ... It's just so annoying

so let me get this right, the billboard is attempting to make the blanket statement that Blacks are more likely to abort? Or are they saying we are the least healthy in terms of pregnancy and care for the unborn baby?

well thats how i understood the statement :yep:

Archived