The Return of ThatOtherFan...The LEGENDARY Comeback!!!!

ThatOtherFan

:lmao:

Oh, a stan war. :excited: Bring it. :excited: Let's see who's the bigger stan... Have you seen episodes of her last TV show, Life With Lucy? :P

I still need to buy them. -_- I was shocked they actually got around to releasing them on DVD after so long. :lol:

Yes, I've seen episodes of "Life With Lucy"....I considered purchasing the a bootleg copy of all the episodes (even the unaired eps). I'ma need for you to come alittle hard than that if you want to beat me in Lucy stan war. :coffee:

Well I had them on DVD BEFORE they were officially released on DVD...but I'm purchasing them all over again, because I'm stan. lol

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've seen episodes of "Life With Lucy"....I considered purchasing the a bootleg copy of all the episodes (even the unaired eps). I'ma need for you to come alittle hard than that if you want to beat me in Lucy stan war. :coffee:

Well I had them on DVD BEFORE they were officially released on DVD...but I'm purchasing them all over again, because I'm stan. lol

I wish they'd release LWL on DVD. <_< Though, I doubt they ever will... What was Lucy's last special. :coffee:

Ohhh, I see because I was thinking earlier, "wait, how do you have every episode on DVD since they're still releasing them by season?" :ph34r::asham: But it'll be good to get the official releases since everything is remastered and not to mention all those cool extras. :cheer:

I wish they'd release every episode on DVD. <_< Though, I doubt they ever will... What was Lucy's last special. :coffee:

Ohhh, I see because I was thinking earlier, "wait, how do you have all the DVDs since they're still resealing them by season"? :ph34r::asham: But it'll be good to get the official releases since everything is remastered and not to mention all those cool extras. :cheer:

I don't think we'll ever get a full release of LWL. That's why I purchase the Lucy stuff I already have to support and hopefully get other rare Lucy stuff released. There still so much to be released.

Depends...do you want the last she starred in "Lucy Moves To NBC" or the last one she appeared in which was a Bob Hope Special. :coffee: Like I said, you're gonna have to come alittle harder. :coffee:

Yep, I told you I was HUGE fan. I had to have every episode and this was YEARS before they even began releasing TLS and HL on DVD so I purchased bootleg copies...expensive, but it was worth it. lol

Yes, the remastered DVD's are SOOOO much better...the quality and the not having bits and pieces of each episode cut and spliced off, like usually do with older shows to make more room for commercials in syndication. <_<

I don't think we'll ever get a full release of LWL. That's why I purchase the Lucy stuff I already have to support and hopefully get other rare Lucy stuff released. There still so much to be released.

Depends...do you want the last she starred in "Lucy Moves To NBC" or the last one she appeared in which was a Bob Hope Special. :coffee: Like I said, you're gonna have to come alittle harder. :coffee:

Yep, I told you I was HUGE fan. I had to have every episode and this was YEARS before they even began releasing TLS and HL on DVD so I purchased bootleg copies...expensive, but it was worth it. lol

Yes, the remastered DVD's are SOOOO much better...the quality and the not having bits and pieces of each episode cut and spliced off, like usually do with older shows to make more room for commercials in syndication. <_<

Absolutely, and they need to release as much as possible so the younger generations can experience the magic of this amazing woman. :thumbup:

I'll take 'Lucy Moves To NBC'. -_- What game show did Lucy regularly particulate in? :coffee:

Oh, you're definitely a huge fan. :w00t::blush: I use to tape episodes on VHS back in the day. :asham:

I hate when they cut episodes for syndication. :thumbdown: And editing Lucille's work should be a crime and punishable under all legal systems. :shifty:

Absolutely. And they need to release as much as possible so the younger generations can experience the magic of this amazing woman. :thumbup:

I'll take 'Lucy Moves To NBC'. -_- What game show did Lucy regularly particulate in? :coffee:

Oh, you're definitely a huge fan. :w00t::blush: I use to tape episodes on VHS back in the day. :asham:

I hate when they cut episodes for syndication. :thumbdown: And editing Lucille's work should be a crime and punishable. <_<

How do you feel about them possibly colorizing ILL eps? :unsure: I haven't heard anything about them actually doing it, but I always wondered...I mean there are people our age that won't even watch something if it's in black and white, which is silly to me. :sigh:

Password...in fact she was on every incarnation of the show....Password, Password plus, super password... Next? :coffee:

Yes, I'm actually a HUGE fan of all classic tv. Lucy is obviously my favorite though. :blush: I love slapstick comedy, Lucy, Chaplin, Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges...I love them all! I still have my old ILL VHS tapes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so terrible...especially when the editor doesn't take care in editing the shows. It can be VERY sloppy and it takes away alot from the shows, and yes it should be against the law to do that to Lucy's work. :angry:

How do you feel about them possibly colorizing ILL eps? :unsure: I haven't heard anything about them actually doing it, but I always wondered...I mean there are people our age that won't even watch something if it's in black and white, which is silly to me. :sigh:

Password...in fact she was on every incarnation of the show....Password, Password plus, super password... Next? :coffee:

Yes, I'm actually a HUGE fan of all classic tv. Lucy is obviously my favorite though. :blush: I love slapstick comedy, Lucy, Chaplin, Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges...I love them all! I still have my old ILL VHS tapes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so terrible...especially when the editor doesn't take care in editing the shows. It can be VERY sloppy and it takes away alot from the shows, and yes it should be against the law to do that to Lucy's work. :angry:

I think ILL should always remain in b&w. B&w captures the spirit of the show far more better than colour. I've seen the "Christmas special" in colour and it feels so strange to me... That's so silly to me as well. It's as if people need colour to help them process what they're seeing. :sigh: It's ridiculous. :sigh:

Damn. <_< I thought I was going to trump you with that. :shifty::asham: Okay, which guest star of TLC and Lucy's real life friend did she send flowers to every year? :coffee:

I LOVE classic TV as well. :blush: It just can't be beat, especially with what's on offer today. :thumbdown:

If they're going to edit them, they could at least do it in a sympathetic manner. Some of it is just plain butchery. :umm:

I think ILL should always remain in b&w. B&w captures the spirit of the show far more better than colour. I've seen the "Christmas special" in colour and it feels so strange to me... That's so silly to me as well. It's as if people need colour to help them process what they're seeing. :sigh: It's ridiculous. :sigh:

Damn. <_< I thought I was going to trump you with that. :shifty::asham: Okay, which guest star of TLC and Lucy's real life friend did she send flowers to every year? :coffee:

I LOVE classic TV as well. :blush: It just can't be beat, especially with what's on offer today. :thumbdown:

If they're going to edit them, they could at least do it in a sympathetic manner. Some of it is just plain butchery. :umm:

That's how I feel as well, but at the same time...I want the new generation to discover Lucy's work too, so I don't know. I can't decide. lol I think the ILL Christmas Ep is just strange anyway, even Lucy saw it once and said it was strange viewing it.

Carol Burnett...I'm need for you to find something that's actually difficult. :coffee: I have a question for you...and I don't think you're going to get it. lol What was Lucy's ALL TIME favorite episode out of all of her series? If you get it, you're a TRUE Lucy stan...if not, I'll remain perched on the throne. :coffee: lol

I don't watch newer shows for the most part. Here and there I'll watch a few things, but my preference will always be the older classic shows.

EXACTLY!!! I understand the "need" to cut them...the shows ran much longer at that time, but at the very least show some care and consideration when editing, don't just randomly cut up scenes...

That's how I feel as well, but at the same time...I want the new generation to discover Lucy's work too, so I don't know. I can't decide. lol I think the ILL Christmas Ep is just strange anyway, even Lucy saw it once and said it was strange viewing it.

Carol Burnett...I'm need for you to find something that's actually difficult. :coffee: I have a question for you...and I don't think you're going to get it. lol What was Lucy's ALL TIME favorite episode out of all of her series? If you get it, you're a TRUE Lucy stan...if not, I'll remain perched on the throne. :coffee: lol

I don't watch newer shows for the most part. Here and there I'll watch a few things, but my preference will always be the older classic shows.

EXACTLY!!! I understand the "need" to cut them...the shows ran much longer at that time, but at the very least show some care and consideration when editing, don't just randomly cut up scenes...

I completely understand your point but these youngins' need to expand their minds to b&w content as well. :devil: Maybe getting Snooki to introduce episodes might help convert some of them. :lmao: When you compare the Christmas episode to the rest of the episodes throughout the show's entire run, it seems so out of place. :lol: Especially since it was the only holiday themed show created. I've always liked the ending with the "real" Santa, though. That was cute.

'Lucy Dates Dean Martin' was her favourite episode. :excited: I guess we both have to share the throne. :cheer: Now move over, you're hogging all the seat. :asham:

Ditto. :wub: Besides the older stuff is far more wittier, funnier and better anyway. :cheers:

They should have cancelled it after the first episode. -_-

I'll believe you this time. :rolleyes:

I'm all about view. -_- lol

I'm the relationship type. I hate hookups.

And don't let that +1 go to your head. :rolleyes:

I was looking for that link to reply to joejoe with. :lmao:

*saves*

Shoulda slammed the door in his face when the show was pitched to them -_-

Good...I really wasn't -_-

:sigh::lol:

Mix it up. It might benefit you.

Too late :blush:

Just remember to give homage :)

TLC3.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dun worry about those haters, TOF

Those videos were fiyah!!

That pussy shit was hilarious!!!!!!

kiiiiiiiii

Thank you! :blush:

I know the girls here are haters, but I remain unbothered.

23m5t91.jpgB)

I completely understand your point but these youngins' need to expand their minds to b&w content as well. :devil: Maybe getting Snooki to introduce episodes might help convert some of them. :lmao: When you compare the Christmas episode to the rest of the episodes throughout the show's entire run, it seems so out of place. :lol: Especially since it was the only holiday themed show created. I've always liked the ending with the "real" Santa, though. That was cute.

'Lucy Dates Dean Martin' was her favourite episode. :excited: I guess we both have to share the throne. :cheer: Now move over, you're hogging all the seat. :asham:

Ditto. :wub: Besides the older stuff is far more wittier, funnier and better anyway. :cheers:

Snooki!?! :umm: I'd rather the colorize all the episodes and make a terrible "I Love Lucy" movie that has nothing to do with the actual show like the "Bewitched" movie. -_- lol

I hate you! <_<:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought I had you stumped on that on! :umm: I'll have a small chair place beside my throne. :coffee: I'm not giving up my spot as biggest Lucy stan there is. :coffee: lol

:yep:

241mhja.gif

20rk7zp.jpg

Shoulda slammed the door in his face when the show was pitched to them -_-

Good...I really wasn't -_-

:sigh::lol:

Mix it up. It might benefit you.

Too late :blush:

Just remember to give homage :)

He never should have been allowed in the building to even pitch the show. :coffee:

Awwww, you really weren't being shady for a change. I'm touched. :tear:

-_- The reason I created this shameless self promotion thread. -_-

No...I've never been the hookup type. I've done it a few times in the past, and never really enjoyed it. Even though that's basically how I met the dude I was in that 6 yr on/off "situation" with. lol

:sigh:

I was going to say "I don't pay homage" but I'll make an exception this one time. ^_^

Archived