The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

Had Beyonce seen the previous performance, would she have changed the concept behind her own?

Does this situation parallel Michael Jackson with the Moonwalk, Elvis with Rock music and/or Janet Jackson with the military styled choreography to Rhythm Nation?

I believe she did see the previous performance. Its influence on her was evident. Is there a problem with that? Hell no.

Parallels could easily be drawn.

That may very well be true.

I think that this is one of those situations that won't appease her critics, nor will it faze her followers.

its only mentally ill, people with nothing better to do, that care

the whole world is praising her

its only blog and forum members who cares (and no1 gives a shit about them anyway, so why they bother) - aint nobody interested in forum lunatics

The thing I don't get is, why would she not want to do something completely original? She was getting the Millennium award, after all. :umm: If this was any other performance, it would be like, "Eh, she's borrowing from someone else again. Oh well."

But the cunt was getting the Millennium award. :umm: That alone kinda takes away from the performance for me, even though it was hot.

Nope. I will say she probably had input in it, and incorporated past elements into her performance.

I think it's time people sat down and recognise the greatness of Beyonce

As I said, the ppl in this world that matter respect her

the rest are just lessors