Moby Says Ke$ha and Britney Spears Songs Shouldn't Be Called 'Music'

SonofBaldwin

He is an experimental indie artist, they are all pretty snobs and stuck ups (unless it's folk) . And no he is not after the mainstream audience, most of alternative artists aren't and usually they dispise that part of the industry.

I see what he means and understand why some don't, He should have used the word quality instead of music cuz that's what he means and shoulda have thrown Gaga to the mix as well

If you think this is harsh or whataver than you should pay attention to what Alison Goldfrapp says, not even Madonna was saved from her sharp tongue

with that said Moby's music is for the most part brilliant , I'm in the mood to play Wait for Me now :wub:

Im feeling schooled ova here, can I be dismissed from each one teach one :unsure:

I also wouldve put gaga and Katy perry in that list. They all don't create music but rather just messy noise.

Of course you would. :rolleyes:

You're obviously not aware that an artist doesn't get to share the Grammys stage with Elton John if all they make is noise. And :lmao: @ Katy Perry not making music. 'Teenage Dream' is one of the purest pop songs of the last twenty years. You are such a hater. :lol:

I hate music snobs, esp. ones that feel the need to belittle other artists' craft. Some ppl might think his music shouldn't be called music. The degradation works both ways.

With that said, he does have a point. If you look at the major pop stars of today and the major pop stars of yesterday, there's clearly a difference. In yesterday's time, every year someone was putting out a masterpiece - Thriller, Purple Rain, Control, Like A Prayer, etc for example. These albums did exactly what Moby is talking about. They changed the way artists approach their craft, and impacted the lives of the audience. Nowadays, the major pop stars put out a big album maybe once every two years or so. The only two albums in recent memory that were massive was The Fame (Monster) and I Am...Sasha Fierce. Before that was what....Emancipation of Mimi and Confessions? The public needs to starve these pop stars so that they'll be hungry and "go hard".

Archived