THE FIRST RAPPER TO HAVE 2 DIAMOND ALBUMS IS....

janetDAYZ

Not just one, but two Eminem albums have now been certified "Diamond" by the RIAA. Diamond status means that the album has sold over 10 million copies since it's release, in the United States.

About eleven years after it was released, Eminem's legendary "(the) Marshall Mathers LP" was given the Diamond status while a short time ago his "(the) Eminem Show" album was also certified Diamond by the RIAA, making Eminem the first and only rapper who has two diamond albums.

NOTE: Don't forget that Eminem also was recently named the top-selling artist of the last decade. Beating out artists like The Beatles, Eminem sold 32 million copies of his albums during the past decade.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/wow-eminem-has-2-albums-go-diamond-first-rapper-do-so-1561615/

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand not respecting him, seeing as he doesn't respect a lot of people, but if you can sit here and simply chalk up his success to race and deny his talent is just...let me stop.

Yes, him being white allowed him to appeal to the white kids (duh), but let's not pretend that being white in hip-hop is an advantage. He had to break his back CONTINUALLY to be respected by his peers and actually get to the place where he had the platform to appeal to America.

Basically, him being white only became an advantage after he worked his ass off to gain respect in an almost solely black industry.

I can understand not respecting him, seeing as he doesn't respect a lot of people, but if you can sit here and simply chalk up his success to race and deny his talent is just...let me stop.

Yes, him being white allowed him to appeal to the white kids (duh), but let's not pretend that being white in hip-hop is an advantage. He had to break his back CONTINUALLY to be respected by his peers and actually get to the place where he had the platform to appeal to America.

Basically, him being white only became an advantage after he worked his ass off to gain respect in an almost solely black industry.

I just did. :coffee:

He may be talented, but he is no more or less talented than any of his counterparts. However his SUCCESS is due almost entirely to his race, which made him more accessible and acceptable to the masses. :coffee:

I just did. :coffee:

He may be talented, but he is no more or less talented than any of his counterparts. However his SUCCESS is due almost entirely to his race, which made him more accessible and acceptable to the masses. :coffee:

Okay, let's just say his success is only there because of his pigment. That's the easy way out, so let's go with it.

And if you don't see that lyrically he is far above his "peers" you probably don't know a great deal about hip-hop. Syllabicaly no one is seeing his writing or delivery.

Let's see Bubba Sparx, Paul Wall, Asher Roth and the incomperable Vanilla Ice are still around, and are massively successful, because they're white. Wait. :rolleyes: AND should I get into all the underground white rappers who are kind of amazing, but will never be a success in the industry...for one reason only? Yeah.

It's a helluva lot easier for a black rapper to make it and be respected in this industry than it was for Eminem at that time period. To gain that respect in an almost solely black industry is a monumental achievement in itself - he had to be 10 times the artist anyone else would have had to have been. After he gained the respect of his peers, (Dr. Dre) (Detroit's hip-hop scene) then thought he could market this kid's talent (because Dre picks up any old schlub off the street to be on his team)...then when his records were released, him being white became an advantage for record sales. How can someone not see that? :/

His dues were paid long before he became a success, then he appealed to a whole new group of people who then became interested in hip-hop. How is that a bad thing? He ushered in a new era. And let's not act like only the white folk were the ones buying his record. Success becomes possible when you can appeal to many different groups. He did.

Okay, let's just say his success is only there because of his pigment. That's the easy way out, so let's go with it.

And if you don't see that lyrically he is far above his "peers" you probably don't know a great deal about hip-hop. Syllabicaly no one is seeing his writing or delivery.

Let's see Bubba Sparx, Paul Wall, Asher Roth and the incomperable Vanilla Ice are still around, and are massively successful, because they're white. Wait. :rolleyes:

It's a helluva lot easier for a black rapper to make it and be respected in this industry than it was for Eminem at that time period. To gain that respect in an almost solely black industry is a monumental achievement in itself - he had to be 10 times the artist anyone else would have had to have been. After he gained the respect of his peers, (Dr. Dre) then thought he could market this kid's talent (because Dre picks up any old schlub off the street to be on his team)...then when his records were released, him being white became an advantage for record sales. How can someone not see that? :/

His dues were paid long before he became a success, then he appealed to a whole new group of people who then became interested in hip-hop. How is that a bad thing? He ushered in a new era.

Respect and paying his dues is one thing....I'm talking about his SUCCESS which is almost entirely due to his race. :coffee:

Respect and paying his dues is one thing....I'm talking about his SUCCESS which is almost entirely due to his race. :coffee:

So you don't want to address the miles long list of failed white rappers? Or any of the extremely valid points I made? Okay. :)

Only seeing him as "successful because he's white" is such a simplistic way to rationalize his success. Very short-sighted.

And success and paying his dues is one thing...one thing that he HAD TO EARN before he could dream of mainstream success.

Should I put a coffee sippin' smiley at the end of this so my point will be validated?

So you don't want to address the miles long list of failed white rappers? Or any of the extremely valid points I made? Okay. :)

And success and paying his dues is one thing...one thing that he HAD TO EARN before he could dream of mainstream success.

Should I put a coffee sippin' smiley at the end of this so my point will be validated?

And yet who are two of the biggest (sales wise and critical acclaim from the mass media) rap acts of all times? Eminem and The Beastie Boys... :coffee: <---- coffee sippin' smiley. POINT VALIDATED!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And yet who are two of the biggest (sales wise and critical acclaim from the mass media) rap acts of all times? Eminem and The Beastie Boys... :coffee: <---- coffee sippin' smiley. POINT VALIDATED!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

WHAT!? You forgot Jay-Z, Biggie, 2Pac...you are stretching hun.

Oh, and now you can add Lil Wayne to that list, and he isn't half or a quarter as talented as anyone we've listed...sooo...

Archived