THE FIRST RAPPER TO HAVE 2 DIAMOND ALBUMS IS....

janetDAYZ

"And yet who are two of the biggest (sales wise and critical acclaim from the mass media)"

:coffee: <---- Point validated again. :excited:

Yeah, two of, not TOP TWO. Hun...this stretching your doing must have your hamstrings in a tizzy.

If that makes your point validated, then the fact that you refuse to address any of mine, makes MINE validated...and I had more than one point, unlike yourself...sooo :excited: I can be petty too! :lmao:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet who are two of the biggest (sales wise and critical acclaim from the mass media) rap acts of all times? Eminem and The Beastie Boys... :coffee: <---- coffee sippin' smiley. POINT VALIDATED!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Also, a white rapper have the first Billboard #1 rap song.

But both of you make good points.

Just because your white, that does not mean you'll have success in the rap game. But for white rappers that manage to get over the obstacle of being respected in the majority-black hip hop community, they tend to have more success.

Em has the talent to get respect in the hip hop community, but his whiteness did help him outsell his peers by miles.

Also notice how Em was able to be a big international act. Most popular American rappers have only limited mainstream success at best worldwide.

Just because your white, that does not mean you'll have success in the rap game. But for white rappers that manage to get over the obstacle of being respected in the majority-black hip hop community, they tend to have more success.

Em has the talent to get respect in the hip hop community, but his whiteness did help him outsell his peers by miles.

Also notice how Em was able to be a big international act. Most popular American rappers have only limited mainstream success at best worldwide.

Eminem talked about different topics in his rhymes..it wasn't the typical "I'm getting money or I'm fucking hoes" type of hip hop..Even if he was being misogynistic and homophobic, he didn't stick to the typical formula for hip hop. His videos were popular too, so I can see him achieving worldwide success.

Yeah, two of, not TOP TWO. Hun...this stretching your doing must have your hamstrings in a tizzy.

If that makes your point validated, then the fact that you refuse to address any of mine, makes MINE validated...and I had more than one point, unlike yourself...sooo :excited: I can be petty too! :lmao:

The Beastie Boys WERE the "top" for their time...

And now Eminiem is the "top" now...

Ironic isn't it. ^_^

:coffee: <---- Point validated YET again! :excited:

The story of ThatOtherThing's life. :lmao:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unfazed.

130004220026.gif

ohnu5c.jpg

...and THAT was/is/and will always be MY POINT.

I didn't comment on his talent (though he is no more or less talented than his counterparts), or him paying his dues.

I'm saying his race played a MAJOR factor in his success.

Why must you two go back and forth when you BOTH know each side has a point? :mellow:

Some of you all just like debating just because. :wacko:

ThatOtherChop always does it in the Beyonce threads but always loses.

ThatOtherChop always does it in the Beyonce threads but always loses.

No, I don't.

I'll debate with Austineisha if I disagree with something he says concerning Bey OR if he's shading Janet in favor of Bey, but I don't go into or post in every Bey thread on the forum :rolleyes:

If you know what it means then why do you keep misusing it? :lol:

And you're not shading anybody. You got your dusty ass fed to you AGAIN, this time by a newbie. :lmao:

irony

n pl -nies

1. the humorous or mildly sarcastic use of words to imply the opposite of what they normally mean

i·ro·ny (r-n, r-)

n. pl. i·ro·nies

a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

ironic - humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"

wry, dry, ironical

humorous, humourous - full of or characterized by humor; "humorous stories"; "humorous cartoons"; "in a humorous vein"

ironic - characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely"

How am I misusing the word? :rolleyes::coffee:

The girls will attempt anything to come for my CEMENTED wig. :sigh:

...and just because you agree with the "newbie" does not mean that I got dragged, snatched, or had my "dusty ass" fed to me again. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

I figured it probably wasn't a newbie when he/she came back with a "Who are you?" in response to your question.

That and the fact that he/she gave someone a +1 already. A newbie wouldn't know how to give a reputation point.

Archived