Rihanna to Release New Album This Fall

DCNATION

There have been whispers that Rihanna is already working on her next album. Now Ryan Seacrest confirms reports that the red-haired diva is back in the lab with a new project due later this year.

RiRi, who is currently making her way around the country on her “LOUD” tour, has plans to release her sixth album this fall. It would come as no surprise as she has put out five albums in the past five years, with her most recent project LOUD still spawning hit singles.

Seacrest spoke with the singer’s camp and made the announcement on his KIIS FM radio show. “We can confirm that Rihanna is currently working on material and will release a brand new album this fall,” he said.

Singer-songwriter Kevin Rudolf previously told Rap-Up.com that he has been submitting material for the as-yet-untitled project. “[i'm] writing some stuff for Rihanna right now,” he said. “I hear she’s back at it.”

Via Rap-Up.com

UPDATE:

Fan: “Yeah!!! New @rihanna album!! I wonder what color hair she will have for it?”

Rihanna: “Not EXACTLY!!! The #LOUDera continues with more new music to add to ur collection!!!”

I think a re-release is well-earned this era. I'm mad there wasn't a bigger push behind 'California King Bed' though.

I heard quite a few people saying that, but the promotion was very large for this song. It's clear the general public just isn't buying into it. She performed this on American Idol, the CMA's, had the Nivea commercial and performed it on the Today Show. She might have done other promo for it also but I can't remember.

I heard quite a few people saying that, but the promotion was very large for this song. It's clear the general public just isn't buying into it. She performed this on American Idol, the CMA's, had the Nivea commercial and performed it on the Today Show. She might have done other promo for it also but I can't remember.

I agree with you, I've heard it everywhere. :lol:

A part of me wants to blame 'Man Down' for causing controversy and taking attention away from 'CKB' when it needed it the most. The other feels that the general public Top 40 radio isn't interested in playing a Rihanna ballad.

I agree with you, I've heard it everywhere. :lol:

A part of me wants to blame 'Man Down' for causing controversy and taking attention away from 'CKB' when it needed it the most. The other feels that the general public Top 40 radio isn't interested in playing a Rihanna ballad.

Hmm. I don't think it's radio's fault though, because even after the American Idol performance and video release the song struggled to break top 50 on iTunes. People just don't like the song. I'm sure radio would play it if people requested it and it was a digital hit considering it IS Rihanna. It was just a bad single choice, especially for the summer. Man Down should have been the official fourth single sent to urban AND pop not just urban, in my opinion.

If anything, Rihanna should have left Man Down as an Urban single and let "Cheers" be the pop single. "California King Bed" shouldn't have been released until the Fall where she really could promote it at the MTV Awards. Plus it would have fit the season.

I think a re-release is well-earned this era. I'm mad there wasn't a bigger push behind 'California King Bed' though.

That should have never been a single anyway, Cheers is/was a much better choice and unlike CKB it's not a horrible track

Archived