For Those Who Voted for the Album...

Reyna ♔

New JDJ Album  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind of Sound Are You Hoping For?

• Dance music
    • janet. - ish
    • Rhythm Nation-ish
    • All for You-ish
    • Velvet Rope-ish
    • Totally sexual
    • Other (if this, what?)
    • Combo of 2

I don't think Janet should do anything that's a retread of anything previously. She also shouldn't be working with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis either. Although she's over 40, she shouldn't sound like every other 40+ year old R&B singer (i.e. Toni Braxton, Mariah Carey). Janet's new album should probably be more of a liberating experience. Something with heavy melodies and incorporating that Brazilian feel she's been dying to explore. I hate to bring Beyonce into this because a lot of people are split on her new material - but "End Of Time" is the perfect example of the type of music Janet should be doing. Something feel good with high energy but with substance. No sex. Just songs about what she's going through now while experimenting with African, Brazilian and rock influences.

It should be the median between TVR and AFY. I am almost certain that it's going to be a personal album, and she'll discuss what has gone on in her life over the past 3 or 4 years. Janet SHOULD still work with Jimmy and Terry, for the obvious reason. A lot of people both inside and out of the fan circle have been saying this is what led to the downfall in her quality of music, and to an extent, is true. We could do without the baby-making songs, because it's all the reviewers seem to talk about as if its the only song on the album. :sigh: Uptempo, pop, and worldly dance tracks should work best for it if she plans to recapture her international fanbase.

I JUST WANT JANET TO BE JANET...TO BE INSPIRED...I WANNA HER HEAR MIX SOME OF THE BRAZILIAN JAZZ SHE LIKES INTO HER MUSIC...PULL UP PEOPLE TO DO COLLABOS WITH AND SAMPLE THEIR MUSIC LIKE SHE DID WITH THIS TIME (AN OPERA SINGER) ONLY JANET, JONI MITCHELL, CARLY SIMON...WRITE ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL...SADNESS, HAPPINESS, I WANT IT ALL...A SUBTLE SONG ABOUT MJ, JD, AND YOUR NEW LOVE...

experiment with different sounds and putting out music that isn't following whatever the latest trend is.

janet, tvr, afy and even damita jo mixed it up sonically using sounds from different genres.

of course she should write too. it doesn't feel like a complete janet album if she isn't doing any of the writing.

I've said the same thing, I'd like a mix between VR and AFY. Or at least a half and half between a janet./DJ and VR/AFY. We all know how she gets when she's in love... I want it to be a personal album, one that she does all/most of the writing in. She has a lot to say and has been through so much these past 3 years, I honestly can't wait to hear what she has to tell us. In saying that though, I don't really want it to be as dark as TVR. More like an introspective, personal album, but with more of an optimistic, "I was there now I'm here," sort of feel. And of course a couple good dance tracks. Hopefully not just an all dance album though. I really want her to bring that personal element back.

I think working with Jimmy and Terry would be fine. They have been with her so long, they know how to push her vocally, they know what style could be best for her. They're the same ol, same ol, but have the ability to make her still sound fresh. I do also think it'd be nice to hear a couple other producers on it as well.

Archived