The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

LOL Watching an old episode of Moesha and they just clocked Mariah lol. Moesha needed hacker to take something off her credit card and this happened.

Moesha: Can you help me out?

Hacker: Ask Mariah Carey

Mo: What does Mariah Carey have to do with this?

Hacker: Do you really think she sold THAT many albums?

I LOVE MC BUT That got me rolling

No :blink: wtf :lmao:

Have you not listened to this shit? Its sounding good to me, and Im a fickle ass muthafucka as you all knew, if I like it Ima tell it, give it props, I wasn't no Beyonce fan, but I gave it up to a bitch for making a bop ass album...finally :sigh: and it sounds like Mariah doing the same thing, catching a mofo off guard, like bitch that came outta my speakers and it was Mariah :blink:

Not sure how I feel about "Beautiful" who is she appealing to? the kids? Because a song feating Miguel sexy ass should have came more R&B than this....let me hold on to my other thoughts for all anyone give a fuck, but Ima have to hear this one all out. C-

'Thirsty" kinda rocking, now Im listening to hear if she actually has something to say ...that counts too not just the music? Ima need lyrics ...I will not stan for Mariah and Beyonce within less than a 6 month span for some bullshit :lmao: oh wait her vocals aint matching that hard beat...she more of a pop singer....that soul aint there, Whitney had soul :filenails: I wonder what Whitney could have done with a bop ass comeback :cry: B

"Make it Look Good" now this song appeals to older folks that like that soul shit from like my mama days....girl who you playing to? :lmao: I kinda like the track though cause Im old ....I like the throwback sound...she seriously did a throwback sounds Kanye circa 2004... B-

"You're Mine" this sound is strong, her vocals and the pace of the track feels more visceral.....as in some soul :lol:...B

"You Dont Know What to Do" ....that intro.... >_< cringes.......but than the shit finally hit....it's cool ...chop that intro in half bitch :lmao: the song is uptempo has a good hook, but still wondering where are the deep reflective lyrics? You feel brand new to what ? Nick and you got babies that shit should feel real old... C

"Supernatural" ......just average, its not coming like it thinks,....ugh Im cringing again, not how Beyonce made me feel, and I just checked Itunes, I dont see no hit single and her album aint in the US top ten....from what Im seeing... C-

"One More Try" eeww ewww she did a George Michael remake....cringe again, and don't get me wrong, I love some George Michael, and even I like "Faith" but the fact Mariah remade it......ewwwww C+ good try I guess...

"Meteorite" Um where da fuck did she just take me :blink: child we in the gay club now? Did someone make a wrong turn? This album is sounding like it lacks cohesion....not good, the song is cool, but it doesn't sound like it belongs with what's played ahead of it at all.....Im getting Donner Summer teas....was I supposed to ? :unsure: B+ wait the queen in me will secretly love this song >_<...okay upgraded it I played it twice :lol:

"Camoueflage" is kinda church choir and it's all song bird shit...and Im not into that, I like to jam...so now I can officially skip a track because not feeling this even enough to hear it D+

*side note* 18 or so tracks? I give her some props for giving her fans a solid amount of music, even if the quality isn't overall gonna catch everyone by surprise, but its a thumbs up for having more tracks these artists only give so much nowadays, and get even less promoted...

"Money" actually samples what was an average Michael Jackson song, so why the fuck would you pay to get clearance from the MJ estate for a mediocre song from Michael? Are her coins getting funny? I blame Nick -_- ewww, skip again C-

"Heavenly" oh nooooooooooooo worst one yet it sounds so bad :&: ....another skip track ..............E

"It's a Wrap" man the fact Mariah got Mary looks good for Mariah, she can buy a bitch now too, thanks to them Christmas sales -_- but this shit makes Mary look so tough for coins, this aint a good look for the queen of hip hop to be a feature artist on another female record in the game....not cute for Mary C-

"Betcha Gone Know" It was just kinda blah but it took a turn even worst....R Kelly came in and made it ratchet with his "Out the Closet" teas he serving....sounds dated D

I just ordered the Target edition with express shipping cause I'm not going to be able to make it to the store.

And of course the iTunes version.

The things I do for my Mimi. :mellow::wub:

whew stanning is not the biz :blink: I w0nt even do that for Janet anymore, it just comes off coo coo crazy to like normal people :lmao:

Have you not listened to this shit? Its sounding good to me, and Im a fickle ass muthafucka as you all knew, if I like it Ima tell it, give it props, I wasn't no Beyonce fan, but I gave it up to a bitch for making a bop ass album...finally :sigh: and it sounds like Mariah doing the same thing, catching a mofo off guard, like bitch that came outta my speakers and it was Mariah :blink:

I think we clarified that just because it's loved doesn't mean it's a hit ;) see the Brandy album.. And Xtina's. Fans love it but it's a flop

I think we clarified that just because it's loved doesn't mean it's a hit ;) see the Brandy album.. And Xtina's. Fans love it but it's a flop

Oh Im not giving her Beyonce level props, not for this....it lacks cohension which is distracting, and some of the tracks try too hard in the wrong direction for her...she aint in her lane on this, it doesn't feel like a personal album its so forced to be so many mediocre things....I reacted too fast, it's a mess overall she gets a C+....if I bother with the rest I might upgrade it to B-....but Im losing hope....Beyonce didn't take this long on her record to bring it, and the only reason I compare them is because Beyonce was the last female to move me and surprised me..I wanted that for Mariah but I aint wowed.... :yawn:

Not sure how I feel about "Beautiful" who is she appealing to? the kids? Because a song feating Miguel sexy ass should have came more R&amp;B than this....let me hold on to my other thoughts for all anyone give a fuck, but Ima have to hear this one all out. C-

'Thirsty" kinda rocking, now Im listening to hear if she actually has something to say ...that counts too not just the music? Ima need lyrics ...I will not stan for Mariah and Beyonce within less than a 6 month span for some bullshit :lmao: oh wait her vocals aint matching that hard beat...she more of a pop singer....that soul aint there, Whitney had soul :filenails: I wonder what Whitney could have done with a bop ass comeback :cry: B

"Make it Look Good" now this song appeals to older folks that like that soul shit from like my mama days....girl who you playing to? :lmao: I kinda like the track though cause Im old ....I like the throwback sound...she seriously did a throwback sounds Kanye circa 2004... B-

"You're Mine" this sound is strong, her vocals and the pace of the track feels more visceral.....as in some soul :lol:...B

"You Dont Know What to Do" ....that intro.... >_< cringes.......but than the shit finally hit....it's cool ...chop that intro in half bitch :lmao: the song is uptempo has a good hook, but still wondering where are the deep reflective lyrics? You feel brand new to what ? Nick and you got babies that shit should feel real old... C

"Supernatural" ......just average, its not coming like it thinks,....ugh Im cringing again, not how Beyonce made me feel, and I just checked Itunes, I dont see no hit single and her album aint in the US top ten....from what Im seeing... C-

"One More Try" eeww ewww she did a George Michael remake....cringe again, and don't get me wrong, I love some George Michael, and even I like "Faith" but the fact Mariah remade it......ewwwww C+ good try I guess...

"Meteorite" Um where da fuck did she just take me :blink: child we in the gay club now? Did someone make a wrong turn? This album is sounding like it lacks cohesion....not good, the song is cool, but it doesn't sound like it belongs with what's played ahead of it at all.....Im getting Donner Summer teas....was I supposed to ? :unsure: B+ wait the queen in me will secretly love this song >_<...okay upgraded it I played it twice :lol:

"Camoueflage" is kinda church choir and it's all song bird shit...and Im not into that, I like to jam...so now I can officially skip a track because not feeling this even enough to hear it D+

*side note* 18 or so tracks? I give her some props for giving her fans a solid amount of music, even if the quality isn't overall gonna catch everyone by surprise, but its a thumbs up for having more tracks these artists only give so much nowadays, and get even less promoted...

"Money" actually samples what was an average Michael Jackson song, so why the fuck would you pay to get clearance from the MJ estate for a mediocre song from Michael? Are her coins getting funny? I blame Nick -_- ewww, skip again C-

"Heavenly" oh nooooooooooooo worst one yet it sounds so bad :&amp;: ....another skip track ..............E

"It's a Wrap" man the fact Mariah got Mary looks good for Mariah, she can buy a bitch now too, thanks to them Christmas sales -_- but this shit makes Mary look so tough for coins, this aint a good look for the queen of hip hop to be a feature artist on another female record in the game....not cute for Mary C-

"Betcha Gone Know" It was just kinda blah but it took a turn even worst....R Kelly came in and made it ratchet with his "Out the Closet" teas he serving....sounds dated D

You're our of your mind, luv.

get the fuck out......could it be Mariah has a good album? Its like her and Beyonce finally figured out good music will bring the people lol its that simple "Dedicated" is a BOP

It's like I said in a earlier post, MC is starting to get it, that's the reason #Beautiful was a hit, people want her to go timeless instead of that hoodrat ratchet Thirsty, but she's still not ready to let go of that bullshit.

You need to listen to the album atleast 3 times and sit with it, if you really wanna appreciate it. There's a lot to take in. It's a true body of work, not a collection of singles.

There's a reason why this album was one of her most critically acclaimed before it was even released properly in most places.

My bitch is a true artist. :wub:

• Upvote 1