At 22 Will Rihanna be the artist to top Mariah Carey in number one singles...?

King Baby

Well?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What you think?

• Yes
    • No
    • It ain't a competition you dumb ass Nuklehid!

She just 22, and 9 number ones. I think she gonna get her. We haven't seen her best yet. :rolleyes:

Number 1s these days don't count like they used to.

None of todays girls can compete with Janet Mariah Madonna and Celine, who could all sell singles and albums. Poor Rihanna has had about 5 albums and only managed to sell 12 million ww :excited:

Number 1s these days don't count like they used to.

None of todays girls can compete with Janet Mariah Madonna and Celine, who could all sell singles and albums. Poor Rihanna has had about 5 albums and only managed to sell 12 million ww :excited:

i agree

i find it odd... she can sell tickets and singles but no one wants her albums... :blink: if that were Beyonce or Gaga.. they'd be selling 10x Platinum... well Gaga would Beyonce would over-saturate

It is because people buy albums when they can identify with an artist, when they feel like they want to get to know who the artist is (even if its just a sustained image like gaga) - but with Rihanna, people don't care because she is just gimmick after gimmick, which changes album after album. Janet and Madonna changed their images, but because they also wrote their songs there was a consistency there and their albums told a story about where they were in their lives, also they had personality. Wtth Rihanna that isn't the case.

It is because people buy albums when they can identify with an artist, when they feel like they want to get to know who the artist is (even if its just a sustained image like gaga) - but with Rihanna, people don't care because she is just gimmick after gimmick, which changes album after album. Janet and Madonna changed their images, but because they also wrote their songs there was a consistency there and their albums told a story about where they were in their lives, also they had personality. Wtth Rihanna that isn't the case.

I agree. I like her songs but she really has zero personality. I buy her albums now though cause I know the music will be tight and by the time I'm finished downloading every single she releases I should have just brought the album.

she probably will, but it won't mean shit in the grands scheme of things...I say if they are giving out the shit wholesale, she might as well get hers...for Mariah it was a huge deal because she has made a significant impact on music, none of these itunes artists have done that or will do that...Beyonce and Usher have the best shot, but both seem lack the creativity it takes to do so...at the end of the day, they will be remembered as people who made an impact for a certain period of time, but all time greats??? they won't be

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE DOWN PLAY HER #1

IT IS WHAT IT IS MUSIC HAS CHANGED

I AGREE TO A CERTAIN POINT BUT ONLY GIRL DESERVES TO BE #1 HELL IT'S #1 IN EVERY COUNTRY

IT'S BEEN OUT SINCE SEPT.

IT SEEM LIKE ANYTHING SHE DO YOU GUYS HATE :coffee: I BEEN KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE #1

IT WAS BUILDING FOR THE LONGEST

Because nobody would bother to walk to the shops to buy her singles if we were back in the 90s considering they cant be bothered to go any buy her CDs now.........

WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE DOWN PLAY HER #1

IT IS WHAT IT IS MUSIC HAS CHANGED

I AGREE TO A CERTAIN POINT BUT ONLY GIRL DESERVES TO BE #1 HELL IT'S #1 IN EVERY COUNTRY

IT'S BEEN OUT SINCE SEPT.

IT SEEM LIKE ANYTHING SHE DO YOU GUYS HATE :coffee: I BEEN KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE #1

IT WAS BUILDING FOR THE LONGEST

NO ONE downplays her number ones...the state of music downplays her number ones, that's just what it is...if she would have done this in the 90's, she would be praised, but in this decade??? no one takes these "accomplishments" by any of these current artists seriously...the same way people find the number of grammys Beyonce has laughable, it's the same way they find Rihanna's number one's laughable....this is not a Rihanna thing when it comes to music, so please don't try to make this exclusive to only her, this is simply the state of music today...people do not take these artists seriously anymore

Because nobody would bother to walk to the shops to buy her singles if we were back in the 90s considering they cant be bothered to go any buy her CDs now.........

he always try to make shit out to be Rihanna "hate", when the same thing has been said about almost all of these current artists...the state of music downplays their "accomplishments", and rightfully so...fact is fact, no one will ever view Rihanna's number ones and artists like Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Tina, Madonna etc, number ones the same way...that will never happen

I agree the music industry isn't the way it use to be it no denying it but this isn't the 90's any more

this song serves to be #1 tell everyone in the world that

because the song is #1 in the world

because you dont like her and thinks she isn't talented is not the last word the balls of some of you to bash me for liking her the nerve :wtf: like half of you people really know music :sigh:

you want to find every excuse in the world on others why their album dont sell but bash her when it dont do well

her new album did better than any of her other albums and people still bash her she danced you bash her she cant win for losing

it seems like the more people hate on her the more she just smack you in the face :coffee:

I see ya'll are gonna carry in this thread. :lol:

lol it's not a matter of "carrying" lol...i'm just sick and tired of hearing people say shit about "hating" on these churren that ain't got no damn receipts to show...you can "hate" on Whitney, you can "hate" on Janet, you can "hate" on Tina, you can "hate" on Mariah...how the fuck can you "hate" on any of these lil girls and boys out now??? those people that I names have receipts from Harrods, these churren now a days have Dollar Store receipts...how the fuck can you "hate" on dollar store receipts???

lol it's not a matter of "carrying" lol...i'm just sick and tired of hearing people say shit about "hating" on these churren that ain't got no damn receipts to show...you can "hate" on Whitney, you can "hate" on Janet, you can "hate" on Tina, you can "hate" on Mariah...how the fuck can you "hate" on any of these lil girls and boys out now??? those people that I names have receipts from Harrods, these churren now a days have Dollar Store receipts...how the fuck can you "hate" on dollar store receipts???

you coming in here and wanting to debate with me proves it deal with it

it is what it is she has 9 #1 songs

now what

we in the digital age

the 90's was 20 years ago

and if you so sick of it just shut up about it

I agree the music industry isn't the way it use to be it no denying it but this isn't the 90's any more

this song serves to be #1 tell everyone in the world that

because the song is #1 in the world

because you dont like her and thinks she isn't talented is not the last word the balls of some of you to bash me for liking her the nerve :wtf: like half of you people really know music :sigh:

you want to find every excuse in the world on others why their album dont sell but bash her when it dont do well

her new album did better than any of her other albums and people still bash her she danced you bash her she cant win for losing

it seems like the more people hate on her the more she just smack you in the face :coffee:

EXACTLY!!! that is what the fuck I said!!! music has changed and the current state of music causes people to not take these artists accomplishments seriously...is that such a hard concept to grasp??? I bought Rihanna's album, I happen to like Rihanna...my liking her does change the fact that what she has done up to this point will not have an impact at the end of the day...who the fuck is bashing you for liking her??? you can like someone without acting blind to that fact that there are reason people don't take what they have done seriously...this is not a like or dislike thing, this is what the state of music is, period...if she did the shit in the 90's it would mean WAY more than doing it today...this is not rocket science, this isn't even 8th grade general science....every artist that comes out now have to deal with the same scrutiny and same judgment...this shit is not exclusive to Rihanna chile

you coming in here and wanting to debate with me proves it deal with it

it is what it is she has 9 #1 songs

now what

we in the digital age

the 90's was 20 years ago

and if you so sick of it just shut up about it

bitch take you cramp medicine...this is all these current artists, this has nothing to do with only Rihanna...none of these artists accomplishments are looked at the same as the artists that came before them...you quoted me boo, not the other way around...ain't nobody thinking bout you like that...you are not the only stan on the planet

he always try to make shit out to be Rihanna "hate", when the same thing has been said about almost all of these current artists...the state of music downplays their "accomplishments", and rightfully so...fact is fact, no one will ever view Rihanna's number ones and artists like Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Tina, Madonna etc, number ones the same way...that will never happen

Exactly! And lets be fair, if Susan Boyle, Eminem, Kanye, Taylor Swift can sell huge amounts of albums then surely the "hottest chicks in the game" should be able to too, but they can't. so obviously they aren't that hot. By albums sales, SuBo is the hottest chick in the game :coffee: