The Official Kelly Rowland Thread

Kim

LET HER BE GREAT DAMMIT! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lol: That review went IN on her. I wonder if she has any stans to defend her flop ass. :asham:

She should be doin' that her damn self :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You are such a bitch. :lmao: :lmao:

For an album where she's trying to proclaim herself, it lacks a lot of confidence. It's full of Brandy leftovers, old dance songs and tired R&B cuts. Nothing worth remembering.

Brandy could never. :umm:

Quick spin: ‘Here I Am’ by Kelly Rowland

By — Allison Stewart, Published: July 25

Kelly Rowland spent about five years as Beyonce’s handmaiden in Destiny’s Child and almost twice that long trying to establish a successful career of her own. Conventional wisdom has held that Rowland was a charisma-challenged nice girl destined to forever be a musical bridesmaid.

Her third solo album, the perfectly likable, club-centric R&B outing “Here I Am,” won’t convince anyone that Rowland has a personality, but luckily for her, she no longer needs one: Call it the Attack of the Rihanna Clones, but these days killer beats and a flat affect trump all. Rowland, free of the need to actually be interesting, makes the most of it.

“Here I Am” favors low-octane, nondescript tracks such as the Big Sean-assisted “Lay It on Me,” on which nobody seems to be trying particularly hard, especially Big Sean, who sounds like he’s spitting his verse with one eye on the door. Rowland jettisons her dignity (has there ever been a club diva who has found hers helpful?) on the Lil’ Wayne-starring “Motivation,” a modest banger with an air of damp, aggressively debauched Weezyness.

The less awkward “Commander,” a collaboration with French producer David Guetta, is a sequel of sorts to their ’09 hit, “When Love Takes Over,” the dance-floor powerhouse that changed the course of Rowland’s moribund career. A relentless electro jam as anonymous as it is good, it’s a girl-power anthem written by three men, but you can’t have everything.

— Allison Stewart

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/quick-spin-here-i-am-by-kelly-rowland/2011/07/22/gIQA3tjLZI_story.html

------

BIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTCCCHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

*tries not to laugh*

Chile some of the reviewers did too much. Now i did laugh at some of it, :ph34r: but most went for Kelz juggler. -_- They ripped her to shreds.

A LOT of people are saying some of this album is giving them Brandy. Probably because Kelly worked with Darkchild.

All I know is it's giving me headaches. So whether it's because of her "vocals" or who she worked with, she needs to not do it again. :filenails: *Pops another Aspirin*

Girl, you know it's the truth! :lmao: :lmao:

No sweetie, I am THAT bitch. Correction :coffee::asham:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

A LOT of people are saying some of this album is giving them Brandy. Probably because Kelly worked with Darkchild.

Oh, did she? I haven't looked at the credits in detail. :asham:

They should form a super flop group, since they're besties. ^_^

All I know is it's giving me headaches. So whether it's because of her "vocals" or who she worked with, she needs to not do it again. :filenails: *Pops another Aspirin*

You fuckin bitch. :lmao: :lmao:

I listen to this album the other day, and I only liked three tracks. The rest of it she can keep. It sounds like she's trying to hard and there's no clear direction of the album. Some of the songs are a bit overproduced, and the lyrical content could be better.

Ms. Kelly >>>>

:blush:

When I stop getting reasons, of course. :thumbup::lol:

She's had enough of a hard flopped life without you beating her name down on the Internet. -_-

I listen to this album the other day, and I only liked three tracks. The rest of it she can keep. It sounds like she's trying to hard and there's no clear direction of the album. Some of the songs are a bit overproduced, and the lyrical content could be better.

Ms. Kelly >>>>

Which songs do you like?

I agree with the direction and lyrical content comments. After 2 flop albums, you'd think her drawing board would be more solid by now. :sigh:

Simply Deep >>>>>>>> :coffee:

She's one of those artists that doesn't have their own sound at the moment... doesn't fit in anywhere. She should have kept going the route she was going with Ms Kelly, or she should have said EFF America record a bunch of dance tracks and focus on the international markets...

#Xtina #Vanity

:lol:

I love that song though. :dance: :dance:

I am so done with you :asham:

She's one of those artists that doesn't have their own sound at the moment... doesn't fit in anywhere. She should have kept going the route she was going with Ms Kelly, or she should have said EFF America record a bunch of dance tracks and focus on the international markets...

I am so done with you :asham:

Just like she was in DC4, DC4 version 2.0, and DC3. -_-

Tell me I'm wrong. :filenails:

One forum of a few comments is damage? :blink: That must've been some flop then :mellow:

Ugh. I absolutely hate you. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But you know them flops be checking Planet Janet. :shifty: They clearly have the time to browse the Internet. -_-

Which songs do you like?

I agree with the direction and lyrical content comments. After 2 flop albums, you'd think her drawing board would be more solid by now. :sigh:

Simply Deep >>>>>>>> :coffee:

"Lay It On Me", "Turn It Up", and "All Of The Night"....they're just listenable, if you will.

And no. Simply Shallow isn't seeing Ms. Kellyaweh. :filenails: