Should this woman go to jail?

King Baby

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

A 96-year-old woman has confessed to the 1946 murder of a prominent businessman whom she mistakenly believed had been a Nazi collaborator during World War II, the AP reports.

Though Felix Gulje was acquitted of being a Nazi collaborator, rumors persisted. On March 1, 1946, Atie Visser, who worked for the resistance after Germany occupied the Netherlands, shot Gulje in the chest when he came to the door of his home. Gulje was the head of a construction company and being considered for a high political post.

It turned out that Gulje had sheltered some Jews and given money to help hide others.

AP writes that "the failure to find the assassin became a point of contention among political parties."

Today, the mayor of Leiden stepped forward with the admission by Atie Ridder-Visser, whom he described as "a very old, very frail woman who hears poorly, is disabled and needs help."

Last month she met two of Gulje's grandchildren to explain what happened and why.

She will not be prosecuted, the mayor said.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/06/dutch-woman-96-confesses-to-mistaken-murder-in-1946/1?csp=obinsite

I say no, and here is why, the point of the legal system to serve justice and hopefully cause rehab, in this case how can either be done? She 96 as soon as you lock her up she dead, I mean she had to live her whole life with this, I think the same applies to Casey Anthony for the rest of her life folks will give her shit and the side eye. I ask this, what would be gained from trying her, because everyone has a right to a trial, and eventually locking her up?

wait, I am not sure exactly so do not quote me, BUT I do not think there is a statue of limitation to murder.

The only real exclusion to this case would be if she committed murder outside of the US. Otherwise, the bitch would be going to jail if she was to be discovered.

Bitch was smart! :lmao:

NOPE looked it up:

Crimes that are considered exceptionally heinous by society have no statute of limitations. As a rule, there is no statute of limitations for murder, especially capital or first-degree murder.

NOPE looked it up:

Crimes that are considered exceptionally heinous by society have no statute of limitations. As a rule, there is no statute of limitations for murder, especially capital or first-degree murder.

Hmmmm. Well I guess that's why OJ ain't said shit yet. :mellow:

The only real exclusion to this case would be if she committed murder outside of the US. Otherwise, the bitch would be going to jail if she was to be discovered.

see you bring another legal loop hole into the mix I don't know how international law handles these matters, I can say from all the old white men extradited back to Israel to stand trial for war crimes who were found here in the US as former Nazi hunch men , I do not think that matters I think if you were on the wrong side of the law with WWII and the Nazis they roast dat ass no matter what.

Hmmmm. Well I guess that's why OJ ain't said shit yet. :mellow:

NO that is not true, you cannot try someone for the same crime twice, double jeopardy, he was already brought to court to face those charges, he could yell at the top of his lungs he did it, so could Casey and nothing could be done.

NO that is not true, you cannot try someone for the same crime twice, double jeopardy, he was already brought to court to face those charges, he could yell at the top of his lungs he did it, so could Casey and nothing could be done.

That's right. I keep forgetting he can't be charged again. He might as well run his fucking mouth then.

NOPE looked it up:

But at this point, is it really worth the trial? I mean, the bitch is one AARP benefit away from Judgment Day. :umm:

That's right. I keep forgetting he can't be charged again. He might as well run his fucking mouth then.

In a way he kinda did, I mean he was so arrogant I don't think they woulda came for OJ as hard as they did had he acted like he had some damn sense.

Archived