Big Brother - Anti-gay tirade caught on feed

Kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUmWV_AJVFw

Those 52 cameras and 95 microphones are there for a reason, folks.

Controversial comments by a Big Brother Houseguest have riled up viewers of the 24/7 Internet feeds.

On the live feeds after dinner last night, a casual conversation between returning player Jeff Schroeder and newbie Houseguest Kalia Booker about the Harry Potter series erupted into a heated discussion about gay rights in the Head of Household room.

In chatting about the series, Kalia mentioned the character Albus Dumbledore was gay. He fell in love with Gellert Grindelwald then, and as the story goes, became asexual and celibate.

"The character was written to be gay," said Kalia explaining that it was author J.K. Rowling's way of introducing children to homosexuality in a very casual way.

"He's in a school with little kids? You can't make that guy gay," exclaimed a stunned Jeff.

Kalia took exception to Jeff's comments.

"Why? Can't gay men work with little kids?" she responded.

"It isn't right to have it in a little kids' book and have the headmaster locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do," Jeff fired back. "Listen, you know what I'm talking about and don't make it seem like your doing the right thing by saying it's not. You are going to let your kids read a story book where little kids go to fantasy camp without their parents and the guy is ... gay?"

"Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him," Kalia replied.

This is not the first time the Big Brother and Amazing Race cast member has been in hot water over his views and comments. During Big Brother 12, he used anti-gay slurs against a rival Houseguest.

Since the tirade aired, some fans have taken exception to Jeff's comments.

"This incident just confirms that he's a bigot and I'm sick of CBS portraying a bigot as America's Sweetheart and shoving him down our throats on multiple reality shows," wrote 'Fallen Angel Gabriel' on Survivorsucks.com.

"So what. Jeff has to like gay people and he is not allowed to say he doesn't want gays teaching kids? Agree with him or not, why can't he voice his opinion? Get real people. I am more offended by the fact that Jeff dates that old hillbilly faced dumbf--k," wrote LoudyPants in response.

In response to reader concern, CBS issued this statement.

"Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on BIG BROTHER, either on any live feed from the House or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

-------

It's a shame that someone that good looking is such a dumbass. -_-

The only parts that mattered to me are the "broadcasted 24/7" and the "gay slurs". Then the bit about Harry Potter being a little kids' book, but that's a different story. I think any TV heads should pull the people they wanna put on TV in a room and question them about this kind of thing. How they feel about homosexuality, drugs, war, politics, etc. If they have sensible, well-constructed, intelligent arguments for or against, go ahead and let them on TV. If not, LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE DAMN IT! Ugh, people nowadays -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUmWV_AJVFw

Those 52 cameras and 95 microphones are there for a reason, folks.

Controversial comments by a Big Brother Houseguest have riled up viewers of the 24/7 Internet feeds.

On the live feeds after dinner last night, a casual conversation between returning player Jeff Schroeder and newbie Houseguest Kalia Booker about the Harry Potter series erupted into a heated discussion about gay rights in the Head of Household room.

In chatting about the series, Kalia mentioned the character Albus Dumbledore was gay. He fell in love with Gellert Grindelwald then, and as the story goes, became asexual and celibate.

"The character was written to be gay," said Kalia explaining that it was author J.K. Rowling's way of introducing children to homosexuality in a very casual way.

"He's in a school with little kids? You can't make that guy gay," exclaimed a stunned Jeff.

Kalia took exception to Jeff's comments.

"Why? Can't gay men work with little kids?" she responded.

"It isn't right to have it in a little kids' book and have the headmaster locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do," Jeff fired back. "Listen, you know what I'm talking about and don't make it seem like your doing the right thing by saying it's not. You are going to let your kids read a story book where little kids go to fantasy camp without their parents and the guy is ... gay?"

"Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him," Kalia replied.

This is not the first time the Big Brother and Amazing Race cast member has been in hot water over his views and comments. During Big Brother 12, he used anti-gay slurs against a rival Houseguest.

Since the tirade aired, some fans have taken exception to Jeff's comments.

"This incident just confirms that he's a bigot and I'm sick of CBS portraying a bigot as America's Sweetheart and shoving him down our throats on multiple reality shows," wrote 'Fallen Angel Gabriel' on Survivorsucks.com.

"So what. Jeff has to like gay people and he is not allowed to say he doesn't want gays teaching kids? Agree with him or not, why can't he voice his opinion? Get real people. I am more offended by the fact that Jeff dates that old hillbilly faced dumbf--k," wrote LoudyPants in response.

In response to reader concern, CBS issued this statement.

"Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on BIG BROTHER, either on any live feed from the House or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

-------

It's a shame that someone that good looking is such a dumbass. -_-

This was from last year and yes I was VERY disappointed that guy acted like that but you know I would rather know someone is that fucking stupid than for them to hide it. That whole tirade was completely unacceptable and I think these networks should start to take stronger stances he should have been sent home because of that as in we do not tolerate bigotry in any fashion, if he had called the Black girl the N word he would be gone.

This is from this season. He and five other former players came back for the show this year. Newbies vs Vets

OHHHH so wait he is doing a repeat cause I remember Big Brothers after hours and he went on another gay tirade before and that shit was not cute :filenails:

It is sad cause jeff is a handsome guy he has that Anderson cooper premature grey thing going. But, this was uncalled for and disappointing. The chick he was arguing with was calling the other Black guy an uncle tom cause she thinks he only likes white girls.

People will always get caught saying something dumb especially if they have a camera in their face 24/7

OHHHH so wait he is doing a repeat cause I remember Big Brothers after hours and he went on another gay tirade before and that shit was not cute :filenails:

Yep he's said shit like this before in his previous season and even used gay slurs

Yep he's said shit like this before in his previous season and even used gay slurs

maybe it's an attention getter for him. I mean he's on a reality show and the game is played in a way that says who can be the most outrageous you know? My issue is this, str8 men don't spend their time concerned with things they themselves have no interest in, so Im wondering why "pretty boy" spends so much time on the subject of gays? :filenails:

Archived