The Kanye West thread

RedSimba

What is your system for using the red and green type :unsure: I notice you'll do 1 line in red and 1 line in green often, and I was wondering if there was any significance -_-

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever formally explained that. It's just me pretending to have an alter-ego. :lol: "Red Simba" is my calmer side and "Zany Zebra" (in green) is my ruder, zanier side. :P

A little joke between me and Daz. :lol:I'm insane, but at least I don't deny it. -_-:lol:

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever formally explained that. It's just me pretending to have an alter-ego. :lol: "Red Simba" is my calmer side and "Zany Zebra" (in green) is my ruder, zanier side. :P

A little joke between me and Daz. :lol:I'm insane, but at least I don't deny it. -_-:lol:

Oh I somewhat suspected something like that :blush: I love it :lol:^_^

Rolling Stone and Time Magazine has Kanye West as number 1 album of 2010(best of).

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2035319_2034644,00.html

1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

By Claire Suddath Thursday, Dec. 09, 2010

Kanye West can seem like an attention-hungry young child who constantly tugs on his mother's pant leg, saying, "Watch this! Watch this!" But once Kanye got our attention, instead of a simple somersault, he delivered the musical equivalent of a one-handed back handspring. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy layers complex computerized instrumentation over Yeezy's effortless flow, moving from the heavy hip-hop of "Power" and "Monster" all the way to the poppy Michael Jackson tribute "All of the Lights." Beyoncé, Jay-Z and others guest on several tracks. They don't drop by just to deliver a verse or chorus; they are as integral to the tracks as Kanye himself. This is most evident on "Lost in the World," a collaboration with Justin Vernon of the indie group Bon Iver that fuses hip-hop with rock until they morph into something else entirely. And that something is probably going to be played at every bar and dance party for the next six months.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/68404/239077?RS_show_page=0

1. Kanye West

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam

Original Review

With My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West made music as sprawlingly messy as his life. When he wasn't feuding with Matt Lauer or bugging out on Twitter, Kanye was building hip-hop epics, songs full of the kind of grandiose gestures that only the foolish attempt and only the wildly talented pull off. The more he piled on — string sections, Elton John piano solos, vocoder freakouts, Bon Iver cameos, King Crimson and Rick James samples — the better the music got. Never has Kanye rhymed so hilariously ("Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?/I put the pussy in a sarcophagus") or been so insightful about his relationship-torpedoing faults. From the bracing prog-rock of "Power" to the spooky grandeur of "Runaway" to the shape-shifting "Hell of a Life," he made all other music seem dimmer and duller. Is the album dark? Sure. Twisted? Of course. But above all, it's beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

:lol: Okay I finally listened to all his albums, every song, and this is how I rank them... (+ a quick comment :P )

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - a modern masterpiece, every song is really solid. :yep:

2. Late Registration - a very close second ^_^

3. The College Dropout - very good debut

4. Graduation - good lol

5. 808s & HeartBreak - I liked it though

and I ain't changin it for no one :filenails::lol:

:lol: Okay I finally listened to all his albums, every song, and this is how I rank them... (+ a quick comment :P )

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - a modern masterpiece, every song is really solid. :yep:

2. Late Registration - a very close second ^_^

3. The College Dropout - very good debut

4. Graduation - good lol

5. 808s & HeartBreak - I liked it though

and I ain't changin it for no one :filenails::lol:

Our faves are in the same order. Some days I would switch The College Dropout and Graduation, but the rest stay the same.

Did you get your iPod back? :unsure:

Our faves are in the same order. Some days I would switch The College Dropout and Graduation, but the rest stay the same.

Did you get your iPod back? :unsure:

Awesome! I usually see College Dropout #1 on people's personal lists, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. ^_^ And my reason for 808s being last is not because of the autotune-singing, I just found the vibe depressing. -_- I guess it was therapeutic for him though since his mom passed around that time.

I never got it back (so I hope it died on them -_-:lol:), but I got a new iPod touch for Christmas and I love it even more! ^_^ It was actually a planned gift before I lost the old one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kanye West Jams with Prince at Swedish Festival

Rap royalty met pop royalty overseas in Gothenburg, Sweden. During his headlining set at the Way Out West festival over the weekend, Prince jammed with none other than Kanye West.

“Everybody put your hands in the sky right now. Say hell yeah!” chanted ‘Ye as he rocked the mic while the Purple One and the New Power Generation performed “If I Was Your Girlfriend,” bringing audience members onstage.

Prince has been joined by many superstar guests at his recent shows including Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Chaka Khan, and Mary J. Blige.

Video

• Upvote 1