IF Destiny's Child were to release another studio album...

bu.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is ONCE AGAIN your opinion. :lol:

The Industry>Your opinion.

:lmao: That ain't no fucking opinion THAT'S FACT! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Christina is STRAINING to reach that E5.

Listen to other singers hit the same note:

Now listen to Xtina sing an E5:

And if you want to go on industry, that same industry awarded Beyonce EIGHT vocal Grammys, while Xtina only has THREE.

They must have blocked youtube here at work.. :rolleyes:

Well Christina was expressive and impressive at the 2007 grammies performing "It's A Man's World"..That is by far my favorite performance from her..

And don't think I'm discrediting Beyonce..I know she's good, but I haven't seen a vocal performance that made me have goosebumps..Christina has..

Beyonce is a good singer....she is consistent, but not impressive. You know what to expect from her.

They must have blocked youtube here at work.. :rolleyes:

Well Christina was expressive and impressive at the 2007 grammies performing "It's A Man's World"..That is by far my favorite performance from her..

And don't think I'm discrediting Beyonce..I know she's good, but I haven't seen a vocal performance that made me have goosebumps..Christina has..

Xtina has a great voice, but she just uses it all the wrong ways. Plus she has had little to no vocal training. What she has is a great interpretation of lyrics, a soulful tone, and great versatility. She can make you believe what she's singing even if she didn't write it. Those are probably 90% of the reason why Xtina made the Rolling Stone list. On the other hand, Beyonce's got great technique and she understands her voice and vocals in general. That's why she's a virtuoso. However, her singing isn't remotely as believable as Xtina's with an exception of a few songs. Listen to both of their covers of "A Song For You" and tell me who sounds more believable.

Xtina has a great voice, but she just uses it all the wrong ways. Plus she has had little to no vocal training. What she has is a great interpretation of lyrics, a soulful tone, and great versatility. She can make you believe what she's singing even if she didn't write it. Those are probably 90% of the reason why Xtina made the Rolling Stone list. On the other hand, Beyonce's got great technique and she understands her voice and vocals in general. That's why she's a virtuoso. However, her singing isn't remotely as believable as Xtina's with an exception of a few songs. Listen to both of their covers of "A Song For You" and tell me who sounds more believable.

I agree that she goes for the gusto straight out the box, but she emotes which to me is fantastic in itself..I forgot she didn't have that much vocal training.

Beyonce has had training correct? She had all the time in the world to perfect her voice.

:lmao: That ain't no fucking opinion THAT'S FACT! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Christina is STRAINING to reach that E5.

Listen to other singers hit the same note:

Now listen to Xtina sing an E5:

And if you want to go on industry, that same industry awarded Beyonce EIGHT vocal Grammys, while Xtina only has THREE.

The same Grammy's that awarded Milli Vanilli? :unsure:

Boy stop....she also has more Grammy's than Whitney, Mariah, Patti LaBelle and Celine. What's your point? :lmao:

Beyonce is a good singer....she is consistent, but not impressive. You know what to expect from her.

Maybe that's why I can't with her sometimes! Aside from a few songs where she "goes there" or be aggressive, it's just "good".

Where as Christina completely through me for a loop on "It's A Man's World" and then again for the Aretha Tribute. :tear:

I agree that she goes for the gusto straight out the box, but she emotes which to me is fantastic in itself..I forgot she didn't have that much vocal training.

Beyonce has had training correct? She had all the time in the world to perfect her voice.

Her emoting is her saving grace. But she just needs vocal training. If she starts singing properly, the girls won't be able to take. -_-

Beyonce has had EXTENSIVE vocal training. :lmao: That's why you've never heard one bad vocal performance from her.

The same Grammy's that awarded Milli Vanilli? :unsure:

Boy stop....she also has more Grammy's than Whitney, Mariah, Patti LaBelle and Celine. What's your point? :lmao:

Yep, the same Grammys have that gave Stevie Wonder 22 Grammys. See how this works? :lol:

What was your point in bringing up Rolling Stone? :fail::lmao:

So like I said, Beyonce's technique IS better than Xtina's. However, I will forever say Xtina is the better singer.

Her emoting is her saving grace. But she just needs vocal training. If she starts singing properly, the girls won't be able to take. -_-

Beyonce has had EXTENSIVE vocal training. :lmao: That's why you've never heard one bad vocal performance from her.

Which is why I use her..and Rollingstone.. :shifty:

Yep..all throughout her life and DC..she had the time to perfect her voice.. :shifty:

Maybe that's why I can't with her sometimes! Aside from a few songs where she "goes there" or be aggressive, it's just "good".

Where as Christina completely through me for a loop on "It's A Man's World" and then again for the Aretha Tribute. :tear:

That's what separates the two for me...Beyonce has her moments where can really be convincing. Christina is convincing. She uses her instrument in her own way...she has her own style....as did Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Aretha, Patti, Etta and the others. Those women have/had phenomenal voices with distinctive sounds. You know a Whitney vocal...you know those runs. They are impressive. You know a Mariah vocal...that range. C'mon. The same with Aguilera....can you honestly say the same thing about Beyonce Knowles? Is she really in that vein to you?

Yep, the same Grammys have that gave Stevie Wonder 22 Grammys. See how this works? :lol:

What was your point in bringing up Rolling Stone? :fail::lmao:

So like I said, Beyonce's technique IS better than Xtina's. However, I will forever say Xtina is the better singer.

And they gave Michael Jackson 8 Grammy's in one night.

They gave Britney Spears one as well.

Rolling Stone named Christina Aguilera one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

Did I miss part where the Grammy's proclaimed Beyonce the greatest vocalist of all time? Sure she has 8 vocal Grammy's...did she win them over Christina Aguilera? :lmao::fail:

Did she even win them all as a solo artist? :sigh:

And they gave Michael Jackson 8 Grammy's in one night.

They gave Britney Spears one as well.

Rolling Stone named Christina Aguilera one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

Did I miss part where the Grammy's proclaimed Beyonce the greatest vocalist of all time? Sure she has 8 vocal Grammy's...did she win them over Christina Aguilera? :lmao::fail:

Did she even win them all as a solo artist? :sigh:

Boy shut up trying to argue the merit of the Grammys. :lol: Beyonce has more vocal Grammys than Xtina. Get over it.

Rolling Stone didn't name Xtina one of the greatest vocalist. They named her one of the greatest SINGERS. And I believe I said Beyonce's vocal technique is better than Xtina's. Let's not make reading an obstacle here. So arguing anything OTHER than vocal technique is irrelevant.

But since you have successfully demonstrated that you know NOTHING about vocal registration, there really is no point in me going on. But if you want me to make you look a fool, then the pleasure will be all mine. :filenails:

Boy shut up trying to argue the merit of the Grammys. :lol: Beyonce has more vocal Grammys than Xtina. Get over it.

Rolling Stone didn't name Xtina one of the greatest vocalist. They named her one of the greatest SINGERS. And I believe I said Beyonce's vocal technique is better than Xtina's. Let's not make reading an obstacle here. So arguing anything OTHER than vocal technique is irrelevant.

But since you have successfully demonstrated that you know NOTHING about vocal registration, there really is no point in me going on. But if you want me to make you look a fool, then the pleasure will be all mine. :filenails:

Did Beyonce win ANY of her vocal Grammy's over Christina Aguilera?

Rolling Stone did indeed proclaim Christina one of the greatest singers...which has a lot to do with being, you know,...a vocalist. :lol:

Aretha, Whitney, Celine, Patti, Etta....you know the greats...yeah they have ALL praised her vocal ability.

You can assume I know nothing of vocal registration...just as I can assume you don't sing. In both cases, they are taught.

You can try to make me look a fool...that would require an investment. If you have the time, you can certainly appease yourself. :yep:

In the meantime, Christina Aguilera is widely considered "The Greatest Vocalist of Our Generation"

Beyonce is not.

Did Beyonce win ANY of her vocal Grammy's over Christina Aguilera?

They were never nominated in the same year.

Rolling Stone did indeed proclaim Christina one of the greatest singers...which has a lot to do with being, you know,...a vocalist. :lol:

This is what someone who doesn't know the difference between "singer" and "vocalist" would say.

Aretha, Whitney, Celine, Patti, Etta....you know the greats...yeah they have ALL praised her vocal ability.

That ain't got shit to do with vocal technique.

You can assume I know nothing of vocal registration...just as I can assume you don't sing. In both cases, they are taught.

Weak analogy and ad hominem fallacies. Plus, my assuming would be correct in that you think me posting a video of Xtina OBVIOUSLY straining is a matter of opinion when she is OBVIOUSLY straining. Boy, spare me.

You can try to make me look a fool...that would require an investment. If you have the time, you can certainly appease yourself. :yep:

I don't have to TRY. I CAN. Why? Because I know more about vocals than you know, and will ever know.

In the meantime, Christina Aguilera is widely considered "[One of] The Greatest Vocalist Singers of Our Generation"

Edited for content.

Beyonce is not.

She has several cosigners who beg to differ.

They were never nominated in the same year.

So that would be no....which makes your point irrelevant.

This is what someone who doesn't know the difference between "singer" and "vocalist" would say.

vocalist(vo·cal·ist) noun

a singer, typically one who regularly performs with a jazz or pop group.

That ain't got shit to do with vocal technique.

It's the opinions of seasoned vocalists.

Weak analogy and ad hominem fallacies. Plus, my assuming would be correct in that you think me posting a video of Xtina OBVIOUSLY straining is a matter of opinion when she is OBVIOUSLY straining. Boy, spare me.

Those same ad hominem fallacies could be found in your attempting to discredit me on the basis of assumption. You know nothing of my knowledge of music, vocal registration nor my own vocal capabilities.

1.I claimed Christina is a superior vocalist.

2. You resorted to attacking my claim with an unknown assumption and personal attack (i.e.:

But since you have successfully demonstrated that you know NOTHING about vocal registration, there really is no point in me going on. But if you want me to make you look a fool, then the pleasure will be all mine.
)

3. Therefore,you feel i'm proven wrong.

Ad Hominem Fallacies.....funny how that works. :wave:

I don't have to TRY. I CAN. Why? Because I know more about vocals than you know, and will ever know.

see post above.

Edited for content.

:fail:

She has several cosigners who beg to differ.

None of which have been provided.

So that would be no....which makes your point irrelevant.

Eight > Three

orig-13020201.jpg

a singer, typically one who regularly performs with a jazz or pop group.

Vocalist is a vocal musician. He or she has a variety of techniques/principles that a regular singer doesn't have.

Singer: Being a singer allows one to produce musical sounds with the voice, and augments regular speech by the use of both tonality and rhythm.

It's the opinions of seasoned vocalists.

Which STILL ain't got SHIT to do with Beyonce and Xtina's vocal technique. :lmao:

Those same ad hominem fallacies could be found in your attempting to discredit me on the basis of assumption. You know nothing of my knowledge of music, vocal registration nor my own vocal capabilities.

1.I claimed Christina is a superior vocalist.

2. You resorted to attacking my claim with an unknown assumption and personal attack (i.e.:

)

3. Therefore, I'm proven wrong.

Ad Hominem Fallacy.

That's not an ad hominem fallacy you FOOL. :lmao: That's called FACT. And if you DID know anything about vocals, you'd be able to explain why Xtina's vocal technique is better than Beyonce's. And I'll wait. :coffee:

None of which have been provided.

I don't have to provide anything because I can explain why Beyonce's technique is better than Xtina's. Can you do the same? Nope.

Eight > Three

If she did not win them over Aguilera, your point is pointless.

Vocalist is a vocal musician. He or she has a variety of techniques/principles that a regular singer doesn't have.

Singer: Being a singer allows one to produce musical sounds with the voice, and augments regular speech by the use of both tonality and rhythm.

a singer, typically one who regularly performs with a jazz or pop group

So the Dictionary is wrong? :lmao:

Which STILL ain't got SHIT to do with Beyonce and Xtina's vocal technique. :lmao:

It has everything to do with my original claim...Christina Aguilera is the greatest vocalist of our generation.

That's not an ad hominem fallacy you FOOL. :lmao: That's called FACT. And if you DID know anything about vocals, you'd be able to explain why Xtina's vocal technique is better than Beyonce's. And I'll wait. :coffee:

Resorting to personal attacks once again....

You resorted to similar personal attacks to undermine my argument....that makes it an ad hominem fallacy, or did you not get that originally?

I don't have to provide anything because it doesn't exist.

That's all you had to say.

Since I took over my aunt's singing lesson classes after she passed, allow me to give you the textbook answer as to describe the difference between a singer and a vocalist. :rolleyes:

Singer: noun

1. Music. One who sings professionally. Well-rounded in their ability.

2. A poet.

3. A songbird.

Vocalist: noun

1. A singer. Often for jazz or rock. Focused on one genre. Heavily trained singer.

So. Christina was born with what she has, Beyonce trained to get where she is. Take it or leave it. :filenails:

Damn I'm sick of hearing about these bitches. Shit. :filenails:

Oh and by the way, if you have no real competition at the time you are up for an award or not up against someone who is presumed to be your superior, you will get the award regardless of your actual talent. DE-FAULT.BEN-E-FIT. You know who I mean :filenails:

Since I took over my aunt's singing lesson classes after she passed, allow me to give you the textbook answer as to describe the difference between a singer and a vocalist. :rolleyes:

Singer: noun

1. Music. One who sings professionally. Well-rounded in their ability.

2. A poet.

3. A songbird.

Vocalist: noun

1. A singer. Often for jazz or rock. Focused on one genre. Heavily trained singer.

So. Christina was born with what she has, Beyonce trained to get where she is. Take it or leave it. :filenails:

Damn I'm sick of hearing about these bitches. Shit. :filenails:

Oh and by the way, if you have no real competition at the time you are up for an award or not up against someone who is presumed to be your superior, you will get the award regardless of your actual talent. DE-FAULT.BEN-E-FIT. You know who I mean :filenails:

So you disagree with the dictionary? :unsure:

Archived