IF Destiny's Child were to release another studio album...

bu.

Babe...you know I love ya, and I got respect for Bey....but are more off than a Ciara album. Nuh uh. I agree with the first 2, but 3? She is not in the top 3. I'm sorry, sweetheart. But no way. :wacko:

Who in the past 10 years is a better performer than Beyonce? :blink:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11j8ci8.gif

DOLORES FUCKING UMBRIDGE!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Do not entertain the delusions, sis.

I just...I'm disheartened, sis. Idk..whoo! My head hurts

Who in the past 10 years is a better performer than Beyonce? :blink:

Girl...have you been watching the world with Beyonce shades on for the past 10 years to the point you can't see anyone else? Really, hun? =/

Again I ask, who in the past 10 years is a better performer than Beyonce?

Give me P!nk, Christina or Britney for this decade. Hell, Aaliyah before she passed. None of them even make it into the top of the list for the last 30 years. I see you're going for one artist out of every decade, but that just won't cut it because even artists who didn't could never surpass Mike or Janet, are STILL better than the performers today INCLUDING Bey.

Give me P!nk, Christina or Britney for this decade. Hell, Aaliyah before she passed. None of them even make it into the top of the list for the last 30 years. I see you're going for one artist out of every decade, but that just won't cut it because even artists who didn't could never surpass Mike or Janet, are STILL better than the performers today INCLUDING Bey.

I like P!nk, she's a great singer, but she doesn't have Beyonce's versatility as a performer.

Christina's stage presence isn't a good as Beyonce's.

Britney....really bitch? :lmao:

Aaliyah was boring. She never WOWED me. She was always just "yeah that was cute". Janet's "Young Love" performance on American Bandstand shits on every Aaliyah performance.

I like P!nk, she's a great singer, but she doesn't have Beyonce's versatility as a performer.

Christina's stage presence isn't a good as Beyonce's.

Britney....really bitch? :lmao:

Aaliyah was boring. She never WOWED me. She was always just "yeah that was cute". Janet's "Young Love" performance on American Bandstand shits on every Aaliyah performance.

She actually does. Started solo, topped solo. Her dancing is great, (saw her first on a Janet tribute). She's very underrated which bugs the hell out of me.

According to...? Whom?

Knock her if you'd like, girl could give a show. I'm no fan, definitely not a stan, but she gets some respect from me.

It's Janet...the hell do you expect? Janet could just stand on stage and out do every bitch she's up against. Aaliyah did have an "IT" factor and it worked well for her. I wish she had stayed around to really show all her potential. Keep in mind, if Aaliyah hadn't passed, we would all be like "Beyonce...who?".

She actually does. Started solo, topped solo. Her dancing is great, (saw her first on a Janet tribute). She's very underrated which bugs the hell out of me.

According to...? Whom?

Knock her if you'd like, girl could give a show. I'm no fan, definitely not a stan, but she gets some respect from me.

It's Janet...the hell do you expect? Janet could just stand on stage and out do every bitch she's up against. Aaliyah did have an "IT" factor and it worked well for her. I wish she had stayed around to really show all her potential. Keep in mind, if Aaliyah hadn't passed, we would all be like "Beyonce...who?".

She doesn't exercise her talents, because as a pop/rock artist, dancing really isn't within the standards of a "rock performer". Plus, she just lacks versatility.

Me. I stan for her did you forget. :lol: If you watch the Back 2 Basics Tour, Xtina often gets lost in the calamity that's going on on stage. A true performer with stage presence has the ability to maintain the attention of the audience despite what's going on behind them.

Let's be honest, the last time Britney "slayed" in a performance was 2004. Your performance prime shouldn't last 4 years.

Aaliyah was just too boring imo. Her dancing is so so, she doesn't really have any demanding routines other than "More Than A Woman" and "Try Again". She can't really impress with her voice or her dancing. She was just an average performer.

She doesn't exercise her talents, because as a pop/rock artist, dancing really isn't within the standards of a "rock performer". Plus, she just lacks versatility.

Me. I stan for her did you forget. :lol: If you watch the Back 2 Basics Tour, Xtina often gets lost in the calamity that's going on on stage. A true performer with stage presence has the ability to maintain the attention of the audience despite what's going on behind them.

Let's be honest, the last time Britney "slayed" in a performance was 2004. Your performance prime shouldn't last 4 years.

Aaliyah was just too boring imo. Her dancing is so so, she doesn't really have any demanding routines other than "More Than A Woman" and "Try Again". She can't really impress with her voice or her dancing. She was just an average performer.

I say she lacks opportunity, but I'll leave that at a draw.

Nope. I didn't. :asham: You're just the first I've heard that from, even among her stans. Haven't seen the tour, obviously, but I wouldn't say Beyonce is the poster child for stage presence, even in this decade.

True, however, she packed alot into the time. That counts for something.

Agree to disagree, here. I don't stan for any new girls so arguing won't be on my list. I felt she was a very good performer. Her vocals served me well, her dancing and even her creativity. Though she really didn't have the chance to prove all she could be.

Moreover, my only thing with Bey is that she often re-hashes and burlesque's what's already been done when it comes to her live performances. I don't knock her, really. Least of all now, because the only ones you see performing more often in the mainstream is her and Gaga. Gaga makes me sick as hell. I can't get into any new girls or boys, tbh. I can like some of them, but be a loyal fan or stan? Especially when they don't try all that hard to be original? I just can't. Plus as I've said before, Mike and Jan spoiled me at childhood. I'm difficult to impress because of that. :lol:

I say she lacks opportunity, but I'll leave that at a draw.

Nope. I didn't. :asham: You're just the first I've heard that from, even among her stans. Haven't seen the tour, obviously, but I wouldn't say Beyonce is the poster child for stage presence, even in this decade.

True, however, she packed alot into the time. That counts for something.

Agree to disagree, here. I don't stan for any new girls so arguing won't be on my list. I felt she was a very good performer. Her vocals served me well, her dancing and even her creativity. Though she really didn't have the chance to prove all she could be.

Moreover, my only thing with Bey is that she often re-hashes and burlesque's what's already been done when it comes to her live performances. I don't knock her, really. Least of all now, because the only ones you see performing more often in the mainstream is her and Gaga. Gaga makes me sick as hell. I can't get into any new girls or boys, tbh. I can like some of them, but be a loyal fan or stan? Especially when they don't try all that hard to be original? I just can't. Plus as I've said before, Mike and Jan spoiled be at childhood. I'm difficult to impress because of that. :lol:

P!nk could really solidify herself as the third person in the pop trinity of this generation. But unfortunately she doesn't really resonate with the pop audience like say Britney and Katy. Rock and Country are like other worlds where they are successful on the low.

Meh. I think a great performer is consistent. Britney hasn't been consistent. Would I watch a performance of hers on youtube from 2007 - now? Hell no. But I'll give her VMA performances some views. She just lacks right now and doesn't compensate for it in any way possible. She lost her footing when she lost her drive and just stopped caring about her career.

Yeah she does, but I don't patronize her for that. But when you have ppl like MJ, Janet, and Madonna who have already done pretty much everything these artists are doing today, it's kinda hard to be original. At this point, the industry is about swallowing your influences and regurgitating them in a new form. And I think she's done really well with that i.e. "Single Ladies" video. Beyonce performing is unmatched by anyone of today. GREAT vocals, GREAT stage presence, excellent stage command, versatility, so-so dancing, charisma, showmanship. No other artist today gives me all of that in one performance.

P!nk could really solidify herself as the third person in the pop trinity of this generation. But unfortunately she doesn't really resonate with the pop audience like say Britney and Katy. Rock and Country are like other worlds where they are successful on the low.

Meh. I think a great performer is consistent. Britney hasn't been consistent. Would I watch a performance of hers on youtube from 2007 - now? Hell no. But I'll give her VMA performances some views. She just lacks right now and doesn't compensate for it in any way possible. She lost her footing when she lost her drive and just stopped caring about her career.

Yeah she does, but I don't patronize her for that. But when you have ppl like MJ, Janet, and Madonna who have already done pretty much everything these artists are doing today, it's kinda hard to be original. At this point, the industry is about swallowing your influences and regurgitating them in a new form. And I think she's done really well with that i.e. "Single Ladies" video. Beyonce performing is unmatched by anyone of today. GREAT vocals, GREAT stage presence, excellent stage command, versatility, so-so dancing, charisma, showmanship. No other artist today gives me all of that in one performance.

Which is really sad because Pop music has gone downhill as far as quality goes. The quantity is mass-produced, but the quality is horrible. Not a fan of Country, but I am a major Rock stan. Though I adore all kinda, I stan for only 3. I wish P!nk could be more out there, but because she stays true and won't sell out, this mainstream won't take her. I applaud her for that, but wish she could be out there more.

It's crazy seeing her now. It's like she's a ghost of her former self. She wasn't the greatest while she was hot, but she was makin' some good moves.

Very good point. I didn't really see all the fuss about the "Single Ladies" video though tbh. No offense, of course. I just didn't really see "IT". But I digress. She's serving good meals as it stands at this point. I haven't really explored the music of today until 07/08. Spent my time with all my old school :asham:

I just wonder what the future will hold for the industry. Hopefully this dance-pop era dies a quick death in the next few years. I can't stomach 95% of what's out there -_-

Btw, it's nice seeing the calm you every now and again when you discuss something :asham:

Which is really sad because Pop music has gone downhill as far as quality goes. The quantity is mass-produced, but the quality is horrible. Not a fan of Country, but I am a major Rock stan. Though I adore all kinda, I stan for only 3. I wish P!nk could be more out there, but because she stays true and won't sell out, this mainstream won't take her. I applaud her for that, but wish she could be out there more.

It's crazy seeing her now. It's like she's a ghost of her former self. She wasn't the greatest while she was hot, but she was makin' some good moves.

Very good point. I didn't really see all the fuss about the "Single Ladies" video though tbh. No offense, of course. I just didn't really see "IT". But I digress. She's serving good meals as it stands at this point. I haven't really explored the music of today until 07/08. Spent my time with all my old school :asham:

I just wonder what the future will hold for the industry. Hopefully this dance-pop era dies a quick death in the next few years. I can't stomach 95% of what's out there -_-

Btw, it's nice seeing the calm you every now and again when you discuss something :asham:

I'm not really in to rock, although I have a good amount of old school rock songs on my iTunes. :asham: P!nk has the potential to be a great performer and go down in history, but I just don't think she's better than Beyonce. Beyonce is just too well-rounded of an performer, and entertainer. Same with Britney, I don't think she was bound to be great with the way she dove off the deep in in 2005. I don't really pay much attention to today's climate. When you stan for ppl like Stevie Wonder and Janet, everyone else's catalog seems to pale in comparison. I really only enjoy Beyonce as a performer. Her music is a hit and miss with me, more so hit though. The only about her music I don't care for are her ballads. They're boring. And I am always come. I only have to act ignorant with ppl don't see the point I'm making or tell me I'm wrong when I know I'm right. :lol:

I'm not really in to rock, although I have a good amount of old school rock songs on my iTunes. :asham: P!nk has the potential to be a great performer and go down in history, but I just don't think she's better than Beyonce. Beyonce is just too well-rounded of an performer, and entertainer. Same with Britney, I don't think she was bound to be great with the way she dove off the deep in in 2005. I don't really pay much attention to today's climate. When you stan for ppl like Stevie Wonder and Janet, everyone else's catalog seems to pale in comparison. I really only enjoy Beyonce as a performer. Her music is a hit and miss with me, more so hit though. The only about her music I don't care for are her ballads. They're boring. And I am always come. I only have to act ignorant with ppl don't see the point I'm making or tell me I'm wrong when I know I'm right. :lol:

I agree. She has a hell of alot of potential to me. It's just a shame she doesn't get to use it. Idk about the Bey comparison, but that's neither here nor there. She performs very well, but her music kinda slacks to me. Brit is Brit and that's that, really. I don't think she can be better than she has been. Kinda of a shame after what she went through. Right. My top 5: Jan, Mike, Stevie, Luther and Whitney. There are second strings like Celine, Prince and Toni. But my top 2/3 are my rocks.

I can understand that. Personally I just sense a little too much candy with her. Like B'Day and IASF were great the first couple listens, but now, I can only listen to maybe 3 songs from B'Day and 5 from IASF. That's just me though. 4 is a great album. I'm really diggin' it. DIL is still my winner so far from her.

Well alright then :lol:

I agree. She has a hell of alot of potential to me. It's just a shame she doesn't get to use it. Idk about the Bey comparison, but that's neither here nor there. She performs very well, but her music kinda slacks to me. Brit is Brit and that's that, really. I don't think she can be better than she has been. Kinda of a shame after what she went through. Right. My top 5: Jan, Mike, Stevie, Luther and Whitney. There are second strings like Celine, Prince and Toni. But my top 2/3 are my rocks.

I can understand that. Personally I just sense a little too much candy with her. Like B'Day and IASF were great the first couple listens, but now, I can only listen to maybe 3 songs from B'Day and 5 from IASF. That's just me though. 4 is a great album. I'm really diggin' it. DIL is still my winner so far from her.

Well alright then :lol:

I really enjoy Usher as a performer as well. He's the best male performer since MJ imo, and the best male dancer. Usher and Beyonce are the two best of this generation. But Usher just fell off. He had his chance with Confessions, but he just fucked it up. :lol: I don't even think he's an icon tbh, and in time he'll just be a veteran, but not really legend. Kinda like what Gerald Levert is.

Music in general today sucks. :lol: There's some good stuff here and there, but it ain't easy to find, esp in mainstream. Artists today are getting a lot of praise, but I think when critics start ranking them alongside the Stevies, the Arethas, and the Bruce Springsteens, they'll see how much their faves lack in music and overall artistry. That's why I can't see myself stanning for today's artists consummate careers. I am NOT about to set myself up for disappointment. :lmao:

I really enjoy Usher as a performer as well. He's the best male performer since MJ imo, and the best male dancer. Usher and Beyonce are the two best of this generation. But Usher just fell off. He had his chance with Confessions, but he just fucked it up. :lol: I don't even think he's an icon tbh, and in time he'll just be a veteran, but not really legend. Kinda like what Gerald Levert is.

Music in general today sucks. :lol: There's some good stuff here and there, but it ain't easy to find, esp in mainstream. Artists today are getting a lot of praise, but I think when critics start ranking them alongside the Stevies, the Arethas, and the Bruce Springsteens, they'll see how much their faves lack in music and overall artistry. That's why I can't see myself stanning for today's artists consummate careers. I am NOT about to set myself up for disappointment. :lmao:

I can kinda see that. Starting off his moves were pretty lethargic, though. Only one I'd say could top Usher today would be Chris...but he's another bitch that gets on my last nerve -_-. Mm, don't get me started with Confessions. I just...no. :lol: But you said it best with the Gerald Levert comparison. I can see the same.

If that is not the truth :lol: Co-sign, co-sign, and co-sign again :lmao::asham:

I can kinda see that. Starting off his moves were pretty lethargic, though. Only one I'd say could top Usher today would be Chris...but he's another bitch that gets on my last nerve -_-. Mm, don't get me started with Confessions. I just...no. :lol: But you said it best with the Gerald Levert comparison. I can see the same.

If that is not the truth :lol: Co-sign, co-sign, and co-sign again :lmao::asham:

:sigh: @ Chris. Ppl give that circus freak so much with his dancing. He is not that good. He is sloppy, and he can't execute choreography like Usher. IDEK why ppl compare them when it's clear Usher is soooo much better of a dance and performer than Chris. Plus Chris ain't even worldwide like Usher. He has yet to headline an extensive worldwide tour. :sigh:

:cheers: I will just have none of it. :lmao:

:sigh: @ Chris. Ppl give that circus freak so much with his dancing. He is not that good. He is sloppy, and he can't execute choreography like Usher. IDEK why ppl compare them when it's clear Usher is soooo much better of a dance and performer than Chris. Plus Chris ain't even worldwide like Usher. He has yet to headline an extensive worldwide tour. :sigh:

:cheers: I will just have none of it. :lmao:

They compare them because they're both MJ protégées. That's about it. Though it's clear which one actually has a gift. No fan of Usher, and Chris can fuck himself, but Usher is the obvious choice between the two.

:cheers: Agreed :lol: :lol:

They compare them because they're both MJ protégées. That's about it. Though it's clear which one actually has a gift. No fan of Usher, and Chris can fuck himself, but Usher is the obvious choice between the two.

:cheers: Agreed :lol: :lol:

YASSSSS BITCH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Although I kinda do think Usher is more of the protégée. Chris, Llyod, Omarion, Trey Songz, Marques Houston (later career), Jeremih, and Jason Derulo are direct results of the rise of Usher more so than MJ. Of course all of them cite MJ cuz that's the thing to do, but I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

YASSSSS BITCH! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Although I kinda do think Usher is more of the protégée. Chris, Llyod, Omarion, Trey Songz, Marques Houston (later career), Jeremih, and Jason Derulo are direct results of the rise of Usher more so than MJ. Of course all of them cite MJ cuz that's the thing to do, but I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Of course :lmao:

Yeah I gotcha. I didn't get that same vibe with Marques though(Usher-spinoff tee). The rest? More than likely. I see Trey imitating more Prince than Michael, also. But his voice just aggravates me to DEATH. That yodeling thing makes me want to choke him. Plus Jason "I say my name in every song for no reason" Derulo. Like his stuff, but he has his moments. Jeremih...girl. Nuff' said. No. Plus, we've clocked tea on the others so no need to go in there :filenails:

Of course :lmao:

Yeah I gotcha. I didn't get that same vibe with Marques though(Usher-spinoff tee). The rest? More than likely. I see Trey imitating more Prince than Michael, also. But his voice just aggravates me to DEATH. That yodeling thing makes me want to choke him. Plus Jason "I say my name in every song for no reason" Derulo. Like his stuff, but he has his moments. Jeremih...girl. Nuff' said. No. Plus, we've clocked tea on the others so no need to go in there :filenails:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never used Trey Songz. And Prince does not approve of him. Did you see his face during the BET tribute!? :lmao: Then when Trey fucked up "That Girl" performing WITH Stevie Wonder WITH a keyboard, it was just :sigh:. Trey only got shine cuz of Chris Brown's career wavering from 2009-2010. I don't pay enough attention to Jason and Jeremiah to care about them. :coffee:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never used Trey Songz. And Prince does not approve of him. Did you see his face during the BET tribute!? :lmao: Then when Trey fucked up "That Girl" performing WITH Stevie Wonder WITH a keyboard, it was just :sigh:. Trey only got shine cuz of Chris Brown's career wavering from 2009-2010. I don't pay enough attention to Jason and Jeremiah to care about them. :coffee:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG I could SWEAR Prince was about to knock him out when he screwed up Purple Rain. :lmao: That would have been something to see. I'm tellin' ya. :lol:

He did what?! :o Thank goodness I didn't see that. I would have flipped a bitch. When was this?? :blink:

Exactly. If Chris didn't fuck up, Trey would be a one-hit wonder.

Girl :lmao:

Archived