IF Destiny's Child were to release another studio album...

bu.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took that from the textbook. Problem? Consult the makers of the book. :filenails:

It's only a problem if you disagree with the definition....that's likely in every dictionary ever created.

You should consult Merriam or Oxford. :lol:

It's only a problem if you disagree with the definition....that's likely in every dictionary ever created.

You should consult Merriam or Oxford. :lol:

It really is no different that what you two have both put down. Just more defined. The makers of the book made it for training specifically. Dictionaries always cut corners with things like this.

It really is no different that what you two have both put down. Just more defined. The makers of the book made it for training specifically. Dictionaries always cut corners with things like this.

So by your account the terms are indeed interchangeable?

What does TLC have to do with this?

TLC is superior to Destiny's Child. This is no different than En Vogue being compared to the Supremes. To proclaim one's greatness, he or she needs to be compared to greatness.

Destiny's Child will never have a greater impact than TLC. They are however the last girl group standing in the landscape of internationally successful girl groups.

If she did not win them over Aguilera, your point is pointless.

The point still stands.

Eight > Three :lmao:

vocalist(vo·cal·ist) noun

a singer, typically one who regularly performs with a jazz or pop group

So the Dictionary is wrong? :lmao:

The dictionary doesn't give an in-depth definition of every word. Only an idiot thinks it does.

It has everything to do with my original claim...Christina Aguilera is the greatest vocalist of our generation.

And you STILL can't EXPLAIN why Xtina's technique is better. :lmao:

Resorting to personal attacks once again....

It's not an attack it's a fact. B)

You resorted to similar personal attacks to undermine my argument....that makes it an ad hominem fallacy, or did you not get that originally?

Once again Xtina cracks. Why? Poor technique. No air to support the belt. Throat closes. Raised larynx. Straining. :lmao:

That's all you had to say.

:fail:

Other pplz opinions ain't got shit to do with Beyonce OR Xtina's vocal technique try again. :lmao:

Oh and:

3:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3mP5i_mgNY

Once again she cracks. Poor technique. Throat is CLOSED. Larynx said "NO MA'AM!"

Since I took over my aunt's singing lesson classes after she passed, allow me to give you the textbook answer as to describe the difference between a singer and a vocalist. :rolleyes:

Singer: noun

1. Music. One who sings professionally. Well-rounded in their ability.

2. A poet.

3. A songbird.

Vocalist: noun

1. A singer. Often for jazz or rock. Focused on one genre. Heavily trained singer.

So. Christina was born with what she has, Beyonce trained to get where she is. Take it or leave it. :filenails:

Damn I'm sick of hearing about these bitches. Shit. :filenails:

Oh and by the way, if you have no real competition at the time you are up for an award or not up against someone who is presumed to be your superior, you will get the award regardless of your actual talent. DE-FAULT.BEN-E-FIT. You know who I mean :filenails:

Now I know you know vocals. Whose vocal technique is better: Beyonce's or Xtina's?

Destiny's Child will never have a greater impact than TLC. They are however the last girl group standing in the landscape of internationally successful girl groups.

What is TLC's impact?

Now I know you know vocals. Whose vocal technique is better: Beyonce's or Xtina's?

Since I barely listen to the girls. You give me two clips of what you say is Bey's best and Nem give me what you say is Christina's best. And we can go from there so this can be squashed.

Since I barely listen to the girls. You give me two clips of what you say is Bey's best and Nem give me what you say is Christina's best. And we can go from there so this can be squashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqvZR0lzsP0

I listen to these two females the most (out of the new generation). It's quite clear listening to the video who understands their voice better.

Basically, your opinion is without fact. You used personal attacks to help, but it only made your argument as transparent as your failed attempts to undermine my opinion. Beyonce will never be the greatest vocalist of our generation. Christina Aguilera can strain, she can scream, she can fuck up the words to the National Anthem, she can fall on stage at the Grammy's, and she can record a flop....but the bitch will still be HIGHLY REGARDED as "The Greatest Vocalist of Our Generation." Why? Because her vocal abilities are unmatched and unparalleled amongst her peers.

The critics seem to agree.

But hey here's to hoping that Beyonce wins a ninth vocal Grammy...

oh wait...Adele is coming for that.

Heading to class. :wave:

Alright.

So after that. I'll give you a run down.

Bey's 4th octave: Heavy on the vibrato the higher she goes in the octave. It's at a higher pitch than most would like, but it is solid nonetheless. Her trainer did well with what he/she recommended.

Christina's 4th octave: No vibrato but she hits the notes consistent. So she doesn't need it. She gets a little scratchy but she bounces back well and makes the sound pure.

So in octave 4: same level. different style.

Now octave 5. This one drove me a little nuts for them both as they got into the higher notes because they both focused on their throats too much.

Bey: Starts off her octave 5 solid just like with her 4. Nice vibrato again. However, as she climbs up the octave, she grunts and squeals a little to hit the notes harder. It's something that can make you cringe. She bounces back from that with certain notes though, so kudos.

Christina: Once again, solid no-vibrato-needed start. However, she actually tries out her vibrato as she goes higher which is great until she blanks and it sends the sound to her throat. However, she impressed me with her F5. Didn't know if she could do that. That's a tough note for anyone being the position it's in.

Finally:

With every singer, talking for both of them and others, you should always keep the most in of your breathing and push from the lowest part of your chest and go to your collar, then your jaws and nose-bridge. Chest voice, middle voice, head voice.

Christina has more chest, they're average in the middle, Bey has better head voice.

Christina gives you that Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston while Bey gives you Celine and Judy with a dab of soul. It's a case of the natural soul versus the training. They are different stylistically. So in the end, it depends on opinion.

I could cast my vote for Christina since I like the natural edge, but Bey has a fine tune that I love which is greatly credited to her coach.

TLC is superior to Destiny's Child. This is no different than En Vogue being compared to the Supremes. To proclaim one's greatness, he or she needs to be compared to greatness.

Its beyond troubling that he actually believes otherwise.

Archived