When all the Greats have given their approval, why do people still hate on Beyonce?

Kim

I don't dislike Beyonce per se. I think she deserves the success she gets because she grinds and plays to win. her fans are just super annoying. They want to make her bigger than she is. Any artist the is better than her in certain departments they love to hate. e.g. Xtina. No matter how much popular Bey is than Christina at any point in time, most would consider Xtina a better singer. So they bash her to death and feel the Beyonce is the Voice to this generation. And I do agree that Bey fans are followers. They only like her to the extent they can live through her success. i.e., if she's flopping (and I mean a bona fide flop), they can't live through her success (or lack thereof), so they'll abandon her for whomever else is hot at a certain point of time.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually it's become a constant flood the board with Beyonce chat, im pissed at myself for giving her this much of my time and thought. :filenails: Gurl bye, you do you Ima do me, once again I am not here for Beyonce, not now, and from hearing her recent shit, not anytime soon.

Then why do you stay stuck up in Beyonce threads :unsure:?

And that comment about 'her shit'...when he damn near praised half the songs on the album in his doing-too-much-a-post-per-song review.

This thread really is a functioning conflict of interest. If you don't care for Beyonce, why come in a thread about Beyonce?

This thread really is a functioning conflict of interest. If you don't care for Beyonce, why come in a thread about Beyonce?

Because the title of the thread is "why do people hate on Beyonce"

Everyone is sharing their opinion on why that is.

jbailey and Hendrika got into it, which explains his post count in this thread.

Because the title of the thread is "why do people hate on Beyonce"

Everyone is sharing their opinion on why that is.

jbailey and Hendrika got into it, which explains his post count in this thread.

If I didn't care for said artist, I wouldn't even bother posting in the thread. But that's just my common sense kicking in.

If I didn't care for said artist, I wouldn't even bother posting in the thread. But that's just my common sense kicking in.

So a more rounded view of the situation is presumably bad? Bailey actually gave credible opinions. His own style, but credible nonetheless. If someone intends to make a thread like this, it would be better to look at it from as many reasonable views as possible, not just from her fans/stans. That answers no questions. Just pads them.

And only stupid people let the actions of fans affect their liking of an artist.

I don't think her fans affect people's like or dislike of Beyonce, per se... It's more about the obnoxiousness of her stans and that being a turn off to people who may respect Bey's talent and success, but aren't fans or stans.

Bey's stans are MESSY and that's a huge turn off to alot of people.

So a more rounded view of the situation is presumably bad? Bailey actually gave credible opinions. His own style, but credible nonetheless. If someone intends to make a thread like this, it would be better to look at it from as many reasonable views as possible, not just from her fans/stans. That answers no questions. Just pads them.

Well I guess it's just me. If someone made a thread like this about someone like Prince or R. Kelly, I wouldn't even bother giving it a click.

I don't think her fans affect people's like or dislike of Beyonce, per se... It's more about the obnoxiousness of her stans and that being a turn off to people who may respect Bey's talent and success, but aren't fans or stans.

Bey's stans are MESSY and that's a huge turn off to alot of people.

And like I said, only stupid people let the actions of others dictate their liking of an artist. :lol:

And like I said, only stupid people let the actions of others dictate their liking of an artist. :lol:

And I just said, that's NOT dictating their liking or dislike of the artist. It's the obnoxiousness of her stans being a turn off to people who may respect Beyonce's talent, but aren't fans or stans.

For instance, Rihanna and her stans. You may respect Rihanna's talent and success, but are not a fan of hers at all (actually you don't like Rihanna at all, but this is just hypothetical lol). Seeing her stans CONSTANTLY act as if she's the greatest artist of the new generation and even better than many legends that came before her would become annoying and even offensive after a while.

Hence, there being a level of disdain when dealing with her stans, even if you don't actually "hate" Rihanna.

Does that make sense?

It is about Beyonce. :umm:

It's not a thread about her artistry or her career (per se). It's a general question, that can be answered from various different perspectives (as you see in this thread)

I saw it! lol

I figured u posted it in this thread by accident, which is why I didn't respond/quote it.

Was that one of your original pieces? :blush:

Hard to keep up with two windows of the same site :asham:

Nope. That was by Maya Angelou ^_^

Here's the actual thread:

I made this thread to...well...read the initial post then decide if you wanna continue :asham:

Hard to keep up with two windows of the same site :asham:

Nope. That was by Maya Angelou ^_^

Here's the actual thread:

I made this thread to...well...read the initial post then decide if you wanna continue :asham:

It's okay, I've done the same thing before. >_<:lol:

I thought the poem looked familiar, but I wasn't sure.

Okay, I'll check it out. ^_^

And once again, if you don't like someone why bother?

Secondly, again, only stupid ppl let the actions of others influence their liking of an artist. During my stay on MJJC, those members constantly belittled Janet and the brothers. That never stopped me from liking MJ. See how that works? :thumbup:

With that said, IWon'tLetGo... already gave the perfect answer, when you're at the top, there's many trying to bring you down. :thumbup:

Archived