MEL C (from Spice Girls) has some thangs to say about RIHANNA!

janetDAYZ

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Mel but yeah...where was this concern when her bandmates were in low cut corset tops, pussy crunching panties, and eleven inch platforms?

Just because you dress a certain way, that doesn't mean you have to be the person in the clothes.

And the Spice Icons were never suggestive with their appearance. You have to account for the fact that Europe is much less censored and define morals differently than in the US.

Former Spice Girl Mel C criticizes Rihanna for her distasteful performances and behavior. She took to twitter to voice her concersn. "For the record. I am a big fan of Rihanna, I am also a mother. People have to take some responsibility because we've got to a point where over-sexualisation of young children has gone too far,' the Mirror reported. I think music is a big part of that. Women in music, very successful women, are extremely sexual and they have young fans. It is inappropriate."

While Mel does enjoy RiRi as a performer, she feels that Ri has an obligation to tone it down for her younger fans "Rihanna has responsibility and although culture's always changing, it's changed too much. It needs to be dealt with. It's reached saturation point, we owe it to our kids to protect them. Rihanna's free to do as she pleases, of course, but I think her take on the criticism she's had is interesting."

http://www.vladtv.com/blog/57587/former-spice-girl-calls-out-rihanna/

I think Parents are responsible, artists have a job to do and that's make money not raise yo kids. If she feel RiRi is inappropriate then change the channel :filenails:

The point is that there has to come a time when enough is enough. Pushing boundaries for equality, for freedom, for artistic expression is one thing. Pushing boundaries to shock and sell sex or violence is another.

We become used to what we see, so if attention and shock is an artists drive, then they have to go further.

Imagine 20 years ago if Janet released a song like s&m - she would have been slaughtered. The norm is now that it's ok. But is that healthy? What's next? Certain things and images shouldnt be mainstream and should be completely inaccessible to children.

It has been proved that the increase of violent and sexual imagery in society is damaging to children, so as someone who knows that a good portion of her fanbase are children, Rihanna has a responsibility to them and that's that.

If you don't want to be a role model to children, then make it clear that your product is for adults only, play your videos after the watershed and leave it at that. You can get as nasty as you want for the sake if art.

The point is that there has to come a time when enough is enough. Pushing boundaries for equality, for freedom, for artistic expression is one thing. Pushing boundaries to shock and sell sex or violence is another.

We become used to what we see, so if attention and shock is an artists drive, then they have to go further.

Imagine 20 years ago if Janet released a song like s&m - she would have been slaughtered. The norm is now that it's ok. But is that healthy? What's next? Certain things and images shouldnt be mainstream and should be completely inaccessible to children.

It has been proved that the increase of violent and sexual imagery in society is damaging to children, so as someone who knows that a good portion of her fanbase are children, Rihanna has a responsibility to them and that's that.

If you don't want to be a role model to children, then make it clear that your product is for adults only, play your videos after the watershed and leave it at that. You can get as nasty as you want for the sake if art.

Not so sure I agree because if RiRi tones it down and all, what's next? You say that it's a culture and part of the industry whose next to go too far? And won't the children follow? I mean if RiRi steps down someone will take her place, then what? We twitter beef over chick B,C,D, and E? At what point do parents not bare the responsibility for what content their children get? Your proposing changing an entire industry through one artist at a time basically, I propose what you teach at home and set the standard giveing your child the foundation to know and decide what is and what is not appropriate.

I think Parents are responsible, artists have a job to do and that's make money not raise yo kids. If she feel RiRi is inappropriate then change the channel :filenails:

Why should a parent have to screen and vet tv and radio during the daytime? Of course it's cone to that and it's their responsibility to ensure their kids are sheltered from inappropriateness - but there's something wrong when at 9am you can see inappropriate things in the first place!

And any parent will tell you that it's impossible to screen what a child is watching all day. Our parents didn't really have to, so why should parents today, just because money making artists and companies have decided to try and out sex the each other for cash and ratings.

Let's be real, S&M could have been called M&Ms and talk about the chocolatey goodness and it would still be a good song lol.

With regards to RiRi herself - artistic expression my ass. She's about as manufactured as they come.

Rihanna is a young woman with a banging body who works hard. She can do what the fuck she wants to do MEL C need to sit her dumb ass down. Don't want your child to see her shows and video? Cut them off parents should control what their children watch and listen to anyway.

If you got it show it!

that's bascially where real shit is at :cheers:

J.Bailey, as a parent you could sit all say and tell your daughters that they don't need to dress and act like a slut for guys to like them, and they should respect themselves - but if all they see in the media are successful women dressed like hookers it will impact them whether we like it or not.

Why should a parent have to screen and vet tv and radio during the daytime? Of course it's cone to that and it's their responsibility to ensure their kids are sheltered from inappropriateness - but there's something wrong when at 9am you can see inappropriate things in the first place!

And any parent will tell you that it's impossible to screen what a child is watching all day. Our parents didn't really have to, so why should parents today, just because money making artists and companies have decided to try and out sex the each other for cash and ratings.

Let's be real, S&M could have been called M&Ms and talk about the chocolatey goodness and it would still be a good song lol.

With regards to RiRi herself - artistic expression my ass. She's about as manufactured as they come.

Times have changed thanks to the internet and so much more parents have to be more vigilant, like the American dream it used to be you were reasonably safe to assume you would have a better life than your parents, that aint the case necessarily anymore. Now is it right that sex runs 24-7? No, BUT is that the reality? Yes, so knowing this I have to do what I can, I can't change network TV and the radio, that's not within my power as a parent with a job and kids to feed, what I can do is teach my children what is and what aint the biz and why that is, it's almost like we forgot that the world is fucked up and we have to do what we can with what we have. And yes damn RiRi

J.Bailey, as a parent you could sit all say and tell your daughters that they don't need to dress and act like a slut for guys to like them, and they should respect themselves - but if all they see in the media are successful women dressed like hookers it will impact them whether we like it or not.

okay you kinda winning me over now, BUT in some ways no matter how much the world seemingly changes, there is nothing new under the sun, I could also show my daughter that same artist has no subtance no brains and no one respects her thoughts or opinions because she a ho, now do you want to be that? I could flip it and show my daughter successful women who keep it classy and make it big without ever taking their shit off.

aint nobody asking RiRi what the fuck she thinks about politics, the debt crisis, or jobs. Aint nobody even caring what the fuck she got to say just get on that stage and sang bitch that's what you do. Now as for my daughter I would teach her look there is a ho, see how she is treated? No one gives a fuck about what she has to say you said it already bitch could be singing about M&Ms and still be a ho. Teach my daughter that respect yo-self look at how men treat a bitch when she acts like a ho? You want a fat ring on yo finger? Remember he wont bring a ho home to meet the parents, hoes get hotel rooms and gas money at best. :filenails:

This isn't 20 years ago though. This is today where this sort of thing is OK now.

As for the bold...isn't that what the Parental Advisory label is for on her Loud CD (and any CD that has 'explicit' content). So parents can make an informed choice as to whether or not to buy it when their kid wants the CD.

Putting all the blame on a celebrity is bullshit. The parents have the biggest responsibility in what they expose their children too. Like I said before if S&M comes on TV and you don't want your child to watch it then switch the fucking set off. All it takes is for the parent to get off their ass and press the button. Or press the button on the remote. It's easily done. You can block any channel through the parental controls menu.

Kids are going to screw up in some form or other. It's not Rihannas (or any celebs) fault. It's called life. If kids see stuff in school (like we all did as teenagers) then that's something else. When you (not you Paul...just people in general) smoked your first cigarette or your first weed joint or sniffed your first bit of cocaine...was 50 Cent or the other rappers to blame? Was it because you saw it on TV?

It's always a damned if you do damned if you don't situation with Rihanna. She did S&M and got criticised for being too sexual (fair enough). She did Man Down where she shot someone that tried raping her. Here's what she said about the video “We needed to go back to why it happened, because obviously she’s not a cold-blooded killer. It had to be something so offensive, and we decided to hone in on a very serious matter that people are afraid to address, especially if you’ve been victimized in this scenario.” She was actually trying to educate on something and she STILL got criticized.

So Rihanna's right to go off on some delusion about not being a role model just because parents have to raise their kids?

yes, because RiRi aint no fucking role model she's a ho sanging on stage for dollas a few steps up from Ciara because her music production is better so they don't sell her shit on extra large pop lids at Mickey Dee's. All im saying is if your child believes RiRi or Britney Spears is someone to be and look up to, you have failed as a parent. My daughter would know that's a ho, she gets treated like one and her foehead is perfect foe nutting on. Im not that my daddy told me that a man is supposed to treat me like the lady I am and that TV is fake as fuck and that bitch gets bitten by dudes and stays with them she has no respect for herself, that's not how my daddy raised me. :clapping:

"My daddy taught me that as soon as a nigga step to me wrong Im supposed to put his ass in check" "dont come wrong cause you will get corrected, you will respect me, and my daddy also taught me to take care of myself so I don't need no man, bitch sanging sad songs for a fucking reason."

Bu, a lot of things are ok now which would have been unheard of 10, 15 yrs ago. That's the point. Just because something is the norm doesn't make it good or right.

Even if you didn't have a tv and sheltered your child completely, it will still go to school with other kids who aren't monitored and still be influenced.

Rihanna is a role model whether she likes it or not. No we can't go back 20 years, but if people stop putting the responsibility solely onto parents and actually onto the artists and record companies, maybe things will stop going on a downward spiral and we won't have to be worried that in 20 more years some other artist won't be able to be seen spreading her pussy flaps at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon in the name of artistic expression.

Archived