MEL C (from Spice Girls) has some thangs to say about RIHANNA!

janetDAYZ

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a grown ass men liking taylor swift is beyond ridiculous you only like her because of her stats what grown ass stable man listens to some lil country chick :lmao: shes not even a real country artist like rebba and dolly.

Name names? :yawn: I like rihanna because of her music not because of anyone on this board. I'm not a follower I lead thanks for keeping me relevant in a world full of irrelevant flop mothafuckas. <_<

You betta eat that negative point and call it a fucking day before you end up with hurt feelings like always.

Xie you get in fights every night!! :excited:

If what's on the TV is what's going to educate your son than you are an awful parent.

I see that she forgot that back on her Spice Girl days she did a semi nude performance during their tour...

Girl bye

skeletonsarerudep1.gif

*plays northen Star*

I reenacted this song before

but I used this kind of chair

11_nevis-chair.jpg

:shifty:

Mel C is right. Rihanna is a role model wether she likes it or not, and children do look up to her.

Artists have been pushing boundaries for decades. There comes a point where they have been pushed enough.

If your music is good why do you need to keep getting more and more graphic?

This argument is not about artistic expression - it's about what is becoming acceptable in the mainstream - meaning that a parent would damn near have to cocoon their child to stop them seeing certain inappropriate things these days.

And because of this attitude that people can do what they want we can see how societys standard of normality and acceptability has changed for the worse, and it keeps getting worse to the point where little kids now think it's normal to get tied up and beaten with whips and chains.

I'm not saying that S&M is wrong, but is fringe, and it's not something that children need to know about.

And because of this attitude that people can do what they want we can see how societys standard of normality and acceptability has changed for the worse, and it keeps getting worse to the point where little kids now think it's normal to get tied up and beaten with whips and chains.

This here, I think society over estimates a child's mental capacity. But that's just me.

I agree with Mel, and Paul lol.

People in the public eye are influential. If you promote urself and market yourself to families and children that you do have a responsibility to be 'safe'. If rihanna wants to express herself there is nothing wrong with that but don't express yourself on 'x factor' etc where families and kids sit down for Saturday night entertainment. If rihanna wants to be a slut then why not promote her music on television X or Playboy.

I repeat the same about gaga.

If Janet wants to moan on CD them fine but can u imagine if she released 'would you mind' as a single, playing on the radio!? Well she didn't and she wouldn't cause she understands her limits. Rihanna releasing 'S&M' however, proves she's irresponsible.

If you don't want your child seeing something then switch the fucking TV off. It's that simple.

^_^

It is easy to blame everything BUT YOUR parenting for your sons lack of education / early sexual activity.

It's like saying that the hos who pressedcharges for the SB were right because Janet was a role model for their son/dog/daughter etc.

^_^

It is easy to blame everything BUT YOUR parenting for your sons lack of education / early sexual activity

Exactly. My parents made sure I wasn't watching anything I shouldn't at that age by being there when I watched stuff, or putting parental lock on, or not subscribing to all the damn channels these TV services offer these days. It ALL comes down to parenting IMO.

i think she is being a bit of a hypocrite yes

she how everything changes when u become a parent :filenails: see how differently u see things

but it is still the parents that has control of the child. they dont have to watch or listen.

mel admitted to being a FAN therefore she is probably mad she cant watch riri with her kid around :lmao: :lmao:

i do personally think riri does too much but, that's her choice. 'im grown and i dont watch her and i would have no idea what was going on with her in her world if i was not here so it can be avoided :thumbup:

Exactly. My parents made sure I wasn't watching anything I shouldn't at that age by being there when I watched stuff, or putting parental lock on, or not subscribing to all the damn channels these TV services offer these days. It ALL comes down to parenting IMO.

exactly.

But that's too much work , instead, we are going to let our kids stay online as much as they want without any supervision and let them see whatever they want and if something goes wrong let's blame the artists they idolize, the violent games we bought for them etc . Yep seems fair

exactly.

But that's too much work , instead, we are going to let our kids stay online as much as they want without any supervision and let them see whatever they want and if something goes wrong let's blame the artists they idolize, the violent games we bought for them etc . Yep seems fair

Precisely!

She's not a politician -she's an entertainer

She's not reverend Fenty -she's Rihanna the POP STAR

If we're gonna hold her accountable then lets hold EVERY single artist who has pushed the (sexual) envelope, past and present accountable. Artists KNOW they are role models but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Who is ANYONE to say what someones image or artistic measures should or should not entail. Expression is expression. We live in an over sexualized culture to begin with. Thats why SEX SELLS. Its the nature of the beast and as long as humans exist that beast will continue living.P-E-R-I-O-D

And if I choose to walk around naked and scream about sex outside, parents should keep their kids in the house right?

That's against the law. Rihanna parading around singing S&M on the TV isn't.

Archived