MEL C (from Spice Girls) has some thangs to say about RIHANNA!

janetDAYZ

Former Spice Girl Mel C criticizes Rihanna for her distasteful performances and behavior. She took to twitter to voice her concersn. "For the record. I am a big fan of Rihanna, I am also a mother. People have to take some responsibility because we've got to a point where over-sexualisation of young children has gone too far,' the Mirror reported. I think music is a big part of that. Women in music, very successful women, are extremely sexual and they have young fans. It is inappropriate."

While Mel does enjoy RiRi as a performer, she feels that Ri has an obligation to tone it down for her younger fans "Rihanna has responsibility and although culture's always changing, it's changed too much. It needs to be dealt with. It's reached saturation point, we owe it to our kids to protect them. Rihanna's free to do as she pleases, of course, but I think her take on the criticism she's had is interesting."

http://www.vladtv.com/blog/57587/former-spice-girl-calls-out-rihanna/

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this last week and for some reason it really annoyed me. I think Mel's reaction is a bit much, and a bit hypocritical on top of that. Popstars should be popstars and parents should be parents - it's not Rihanna's job to make sure that Mel C's 2-year-old turns out okay in life.

If what's on the TV is what's going to educate your son than you are an awful parent.

I see that she forgot that back on her Spice Girl days she did a semi nude performance during their tour...

Girl bye

skeletonsarerudep1.gif

*plays northen Star*

This reminds me of how Madonna didn't want her kids watching television because its "poison" but I thought ..Madonna you were part of the reason why televison was "poison" (at least on the music side) in the 90s to where your shit had to be banned. I just dont understand ppl that come with that hypocritical shit.

This reminds me of how Madonna didn't want her kids watching television because its "poison" but I thought ..Madonna you were part of the reason why televison was "poison" (at least on the music side) in the 90s to where your shit had to be banned. I just dont understand ppl that come with that hypocritical shit.

Madonna just doesn't want her kids to see her vagina so soon that's all . She knows it's going to happen , she just wants some time to come up with something to justify it nothing else

Mel is hypocritical for most of what she said, but I think her main thing is Rihanna talking and acting like she's not viewed as a role model to some degree.

Mel is hypocritical for most of what she said, but I think her main thing is Rihanna talking and acting like she's not viewed as a role model to some degree.

Whats funny is Riahnna has said the SAME thing that all artists says (INCLUDING Janet) that ..yeah,they know they're role models but they have to be "artist" (being themselves) as well. Artists stay preaching that they cant be held accountable for things kids are exposed to.Mel C should understand this more than the average Joe.

Whats funny is Riahnna has said the SAME thing that all artists says (INCLUDING Janet) that ..yeah,they know they're role models but they have to be "artist" (being themselves) as well. Artists stay preaching that they cant be held accountable for things kids are exposed to.Mel C should understand this more than the average Joe.

And those artists (INCLUDING Janet) are wrong. I'm not saying they shouldn't do whatever they want because it's their lives, but to act like you're not viewed as a role model is absurd. I understand if it's Ciara since no kid would want to have a career that's over halfway through their second album.

I think a grown ass men liking taylor swift is beyond ridiculous you only like her because of her stats what grown ass stable man listens to some lil country chick :lmao: shes not even a real country artist like rebba and dolly.

Name names? :yawn: I like rihanna because of her music not because of anyone on this board. I'm not a follower I lead thanks for keeping me relevant in a world full of irrelevant flop mothafuckas. <_<

You betta eat that negative point and call it a fucking day before you end up with hurt feelings like always.

Archived