Michael who? Katy Perry breaks history and gets 5 number 1 singles from one album...

King Baby

I think all these girls are original. There has never been a female artist like Rihanna, Katy, Ke$ha, Beyonce, etc.

I still feel Gaga will fizzle out faster than Beyonce. She is really annoying and her sales are only so high because her albums were sold for 35 cent. :rolleyes:

that joint was POWERFUL wasn't it

You can't compare her to them. Mariah was reducing $3.49 singles of 49cent, and my gawd, Gaga was selling entire albums for mere coins. 69 cent ain't a big drop from 99 cent. :filenails:

So we are going to pretend that it didn't happen as long as it fits our arguments/tastes... is that what you are saying? :unsure:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all these girls are original. There has never been a female artist like Rihanna, Katy, Ke$ha, Beyonce, etc.

I still feel Gaga will fizzle out faster than Beyonce. She is really annoying and her sales are only so high because her albums were sold for 35 cent. :rolleyes:

Katy's trying to be Gaga and Ke$ha except with more quality music...not much. Ke$ha's kinda a poor version of Gaga except with more catchy songs. Rihanna's busy taking from Janet, Kelis and others. Gaga's busy taking from Madonna, Janet, Kelis, Christina and others while being over the top. Bey's too busy being "influenced" by others to be original.

You can't compare her to them. Mariah was reducing $3.49 singles of 49cent, and my gawd, Gaga was selling entire albums for mere coins. 69 cent ain't a big drop from 99 cent. :filenails:

Why not? Each of their respective labels did everything they could to get a #1/higher sales. They're all in the same boat, just in different music eras, therefore different price points/tactics.

I did answer it.

Oh I doubt that. They can get rid of you. :coffee:

no you didn't...

you said " Janet: Now we see how long she holds it, if it happens "

can you elaborate on your "if it happens" ? i'm trying to get the connection between Janet and your statement.. which is why i edited my post

keep dreaming

wtgn54.gif

Why not? Each of their respective labels did everything they could to get a #1/higher sales. They're all in the same boat, just in different music eras, therefore different price points/tactics.

they're comparable... but the difference between 1.29 and .69 is what? 2 quarters... compare that to MC's clearance sales and Lady Gaga's "EVERYTHING MUST GO" album sales.. Katy didn't do harm

no you didn't...

you said " Janet: Now we see how long she holds it, if it happens "

can you elaborate on your "if it happens" ? i'm trying to get the connection between Janet and your statement.. which is why i edited my post

wtgn54.gif

IF. IT.HAPPENS. THAT. SHE. BREAKS. MIKE's. RECORD. you are horrible with context clues, and your statement as well as you having to cosign yourself proves it :coffee:

they're comparable... but the difference between 1.29 and .69 is what? 2 quarters... compare that to MC's clearance sales and Lady Gaga's "EVERYTHING MUST GO" album sales.. Katy didn't do harm

It's the same shit different smell. None of them did any harm, they just put their ish on sale to get bigger sales

But her albums not selling, so it's not something to compare to MJ. MJs 'bad' album sold in the bucket loads. This on top of the singles success makes his achievement of the record much more creditable. U can't argue this.

Watch me.

The record is "most Hot 100 #1s from one album", not "most Hot 100 1#s from one album selling bucket loads". Teenage Dream could sit at zero scans and it would still hold up. Michael's record will always be special because he helped put the pop landscape together. But it doesn't make Katy's record any less credible. And I think it's worth noting that Michael's five singles only totaled seven weeks at number one. Katy's five singles have notched up eighteen weeks at the top (and counting).

Good for Katy. I'm annoyed she reached Michael's record but it's easier to do that these days IMO. I'll repeat what i said in another thread though. There are enough records and statistics to make any MJ fan happy and proud, I don't see a reason to be sad about one record being lost or evened.. MJ is not identified by his records anyway.. Katy Perry now is, the very minute her record is broken there is nothing of value to remember her by.

Watch me.

The record is "most Hot 100 #1s from one album", not "most Hot 100 1#s from one album selling bucket loads". Teenage Dream could sit at zero scans and it would still hold up. Michael's record will always be special because he helped put the pop landscape together. But it doesn't make Katy's record any less credible. And I think it's worth noting that Michael's five singles only totaled seven weeks at number one. Katy's five singles have notched up eighteen weeks at the top (and counting).

For a second there, I thought you were arguing with yourself. :mellow::lmao: I was like, "What the..."

Then I saw it was Twistedvelvet. -_-:asham:

But I agree with you. I dunno why people are mad about this. Yes, it's "Michael's record" but come on now. Records were made to be broken, even the ones made by your faves. :filenails:

For a second there, I thought you were arguing with yourself. :mellow::lmao: I was like, "What the..."

Then I saw it was Twistedvelvet. -_-:asham:

But I agree with you. I dunno why people are mad about this. Yes, it's "Michael's record" but come on now. Records were made to be broken, even the ones made by your faves. :filenails:

Yeah, he really should change it. :coffee::lol:

Exactly. -_-

BTW, fuck you for that username and sig. :lmao:

Archived