Janet is Coming Back To Vegas

Idrag4mj

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, Janet really needs to take her ass overseas. The buying US public isn't here for her. So she needs to reclaim her fan base abroad. Constantly touring the US isn't gonna do her any good.

So unfortunately true. The fans and place she has here is at least pretty good. But it's indeed overseas where she needs to focus her attention.

:rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, Janet really needs to take her ass overseas. The buying US public isn't here for her. So she needs to reclaim her fan base abroad. Constantly touring the US isn't gonna do her any good.

The tour is going until 2012 (and I believe someone said the spring or summer of 2012). She has PLENTY of time to go everywhere. Ya'll are complaining about something you don't need to be complaining about. Hence, this being a PERFECT thread for J/X :rolleyes:

The tour is going until 2012 (and I believe someone said the spring or summer of 2012). She has PLENTY of time to go everywhere. Ya'll are complaining about something you don't need to be complaining about. Hence, this being a PERFECT thread for J/X :rolleyes:

We aren't complaining, we're frustrating and discussing. :rolleyes: What you have to understand is A) the purpose of the tour, and B) the outcome of the tour. Obviously the purpose of the tour is to rebuild Janet's name as an international/global act. You think she's doing this JUST before an album just for the hell of it? :rolleyes: She wants another successful album, and to ensure that, she's reintroducing the world - and a new generation - of who she is and why she's lasted so long, and regaining public interest.

Why some of us are flabbergasted is because she's doing a THIRD leg for a country that doesn't want to be bothered with her right now (there's a reason why more than half of Madonna, Whitney, and Michael's last tour dates were overseas). If she wants to be a global act again, she needs to reintroduce herself to the world outside of the US, where more than half of her record sales have been and will come from. Europe got 12 dates, Asia 6 dates, Australia 9 dates, and Africa 3 dates does not compare to the 54 dates the US received.

If Janet and her team stupidly focuses on the US, there's no doubt in my mind the next era will be reminiscent of the last two - mediocre US sales, and negligible international sales. Consequently, that defeats the purpose of the tour. We all want Janet to be successful again in music, and if she wants to sell, she needs to focus on the world outside of the US because those fans are the most supportive.

We aren't complaining, we're frustrating and discussing. :rolleyes: What you have to understand is A) the purpose of the tour, and B) the outcome of the tour. Obviously the purpose of the tour is to rebuild Janet's name as an international/global act. You think she's doing this JUST before an album just for the hell of it? :rolleyes: She wants another successful album, and to ensure that, she's reintroducing the world - and a new generation - of who she is and why she's lasted so long, and regaining public interest.

Why some of us are flabbergasted is because she's doing a THIRD leg for a country that doesn't want to be bothered with her right now (there's a reason why more than half of Madonna, Whitney, and Michael's last tour dates were overseas). If she wants to be a global act again, she needs to reintroduce herself to the world outside of the US, where more than half of her record sales have been and will come from. Europe got 12 dates, Asia 6 dates, Australia 9 dates, and Africa 3 dates does not compare to the 54 dates the US received.

If Janet and her team stupidly focuses on the US, there's no doubt in my mind the next era will be reminiscent of the last two - mediocre US sales, and negligible international sales. Consequently, that defeats the purpose of the tour. We all want Janet to be successful again in music, and if she wants to sell, she needs to focus on the world outside of the US because those fans are the most supportive.

This to an extent. Just read over it.

1st paragraph, agree entirely.

2nd paragraph, I wouldn't necessarily consider a few shows from places that have BEGGED her forever over here a third leg. I do agree, though, that she needs more focus overseas. The markets are larger and better than they are here, plus she has fans overseas who are just as, if not more, supportive of her abroad in comparison to the states.

I think she and the team are just hitting places that have been seeking for her for a long time over here and she's going to them before getting into more legs overseas. I don't think she's as totally focused on the US as we're making it seem, entirely. It's a hope and a gut feeling that that is the plan she and her team have in mind.

I understand where some of you are coming from, but this is giving me too much J/X teas. And that's not a good thing.

Janet hasn't given a full fledged worldwide tour since 1998/1999. The "All For You Tour" was ten years ago. "Rock Wit Chu Tour" only had 16 dates, so for Janet to perform as many shows as she can in the USA isn't bad. This is part of re-building. She isn't ignoring the world. The legs are just a little funky and messy.

She has already completed more concerts and been on the road longer than she was with the past two. Give her some credit.

You can save this for when the tour is over and she doesn't go back to Europe.

She has 2 dates in Fl and 2 in Vegas.. That would be a very short 3rd leg.. NO one knows YET where she will go in 2012..

I understand where some of you are coming from, but this is giving me too much J/X teas. And that's not a good thing.

Janet hasn't given a full fledged worldwide tour since 1998/1999. The "All For You Tour" was ten years ago. "Rock Wit Chu Tour" only had 16 dates, so for Janet to perform as many shows as she can in the USA isn't bad. This is part of re-building. She isn't ignoring the world. The legs are just a little funky and messy.

She has already completed more concerts and been on the road longer than she was with the past two. Give her some credit.

I get what you mean.

You do make great points. Touring in the states isn't bad. I just wish she would give a little more focus to the rest of the world since the States are pretty..uhm..effed up..to put it nicely. Janet has so many fans overseas who are DYING for her to give them more shows and love. While touring in the states does re-establish her here and has done that, she does need more legs abroad, too. Another Euro leg is near crucial for her. Asian, too. Latin/South America and Africa would be good with some more love. I don't think she's ignoring her international fans, I just hope she has in mind that going back to those places and giving them more would be a very smart and well-played move for her re-building.

I agree with you here as well.

I get what you mean.

You do make great points. Touring in the states isn't bad. I just wish she would give a little more focus to the rest of the world since the States are pretty..uhm..effed up..to put it nicely. Janet has so many fans overseas who are DYING for her to give them more shows and love. While touring in the states does re-establish her here and has done that, she does need more legs abroad, too. Another Euro leg is near crucial for her. Asian, too. Latin/South America and Africa would be good with some more love. I don't think she's ignoring her international fans, I just hope she has in mind that going back to those places and giving them more would be a very smart and well-played move for her re-building.

I agree with you here as well.

The tour is not over..

"I just wish she would give a little more focus to the rest of the world since the States are pretty..uhm..effed up..to put it nicely"

:filenails:

Over-analyzing much? :coffee: That doesn't mean nor imply that I feel the tour is over. I just want her to give the rest of the world more focus and attention before the tour is out mid next year. I think that's the projected length for it.

Over-analyzing much? :coffee: That doesn't mean nor imply that I feel the tour is over. I just want her to give the rest of the world more focus and attention before the tour is out mid next year. I think that's the projected length for it.

You're acting like the Xone.. They have a panic attacks before they know the full details.. (I'm not saying that's you). This shouldn't be a topic until you know the full details.. :filenails:

Normally she announces a new date 2 months before the show date.. Relax and wait to see what happens after December.. :cheers:

You're acting like the Xone.. They have a panic attacks before they know the full details.. (I'm not saying that's you). This shouldn't be a topic until you know the full details.. :filenails:

Normally she announces a new date 2 months before the show date.. Relax and wait to see what happens after December.. :cheers:

Got an account there months ago, haven't made a single post, haven't stopped by since I made the account. True. I'm just stating my hopes.

Good point. Alright. Done deal. :cheers:

Again, the tour is going until 2012...and from what I've heard (whether reliable or not) the SUMMER of 2012. Janet can and will cover a lot of areas within that time.

You would have a point if Janet released the dates in Florida and THAT was the end of the tour. It isn't though. In fact, it isn't even close to being the end of the tour...so WHY complain or become "flabbergasted" about something when we don't even KNOW all of the dates Janet's going to play before this tour is officially over? That's the point I'm trying to make.

This thread as others have said has "Xone teas" written all over it. Complaining about shit that's unnecessary.

Archived