Janet shouldn't do a pop album

Xtraordinary Xternal

I would love for Janet to do a mature album and reconnect with her older fans again with new material...

If she had these producers JJ& TL , Missy and the people who did marsha ambrosius album...

The dancing doesn't really captivate people like that anymore I say it would be new for her to focus on vocals... during the A.I. performance it shocked people to hear her sing live.

She need to do a duet with maxwell & tank too :thumbup:

:unsure:

It's a stupid idea for a number of reasons:

• A straight R&B album wouldn't sell.
  • That type of album wouldn't be friendly to the international audience.
  • Janet is a Pop/R&B artist. She needs to blend the two, the same formula that made her an icon.
  • A duet with Maxwell and Tank is just so stupid and cliché.
  • She did an R&B album with 20 Y.O. and Discipline, and we see how THAT turned out.
  • You can't really tell an artist that has built a career on dancing to focus on vocals. That's not even her selling point.

The only good thing about that post is working with Jimmy & Terry again.

• Janet is a Pop/R&B artist. She needs to blend the two, the same formula that made her an icon.
  • She did an R&B album with 20 Y.O. and Discipline, and we see how THAT turned out.
  • You can't really tell an artist that has built a career on dancing to focus on vocals. That's not even her selling point.

Ohh not that. I agree with you on that. I thought you meant my comment :asham:

Tell that to adel ?

How the fuck do you know that what you can read into the future now?

Janet has done pop shes older now and should focus more on rnb shes been doing the pop thing for awhile now has really worked out for her... shes not some teeny bopper bitch she should do more mature music her fans have grown older.

Say you disagree its not stupid people love maxwell their styles would mesh well together

That wasn't a real rnb album it was urban but not a true rnb album discipline was more of a pop album

Shes older now and doesn't need to do all of that dancing to draw people in anymore as she grows older it will be harder for her to do certain things. Her vocals could be a selling point she built her career off taking risks and doing things differently shes been stuck in the same formula for awhile now time to try something new that will please her older fans.

:clapping:

Tell that to adel ?

Adele and Janet aren't in the same place in their careers.

How the fuck do you know that what you can read into the future now?

When's the last time an R&B album scanned platinum?

Janet has done pop shes older now and should focus more on rnb shes been doing the pop thing for awhile now has really worked out for her...

And that won't sell in the US or internationally.

shes not some teeny bopper bitch she should do more mature music her fans have grown older.

That audience doesn't buy records. Has Marsha Ambiguous or whatever scanned gold yet?

Say you disagree its not stupid people love maxwell their styles would mesh well together

It's cliché. Plus Janet doesn't do duets.

That wasn't a real rnb album it was urban but not a true rnb album discipline was more of a pop album

WTF is a "real rnb album"? And both albums were R&B.

Shes older now and doesn't need to do all of that dancing to draw people in anymore as she grows older it will be harder for her to do certain things. Her vocals could be a selling point she built her career off taking risks and doing things differently shes been stuck in the same formula for awhile now time to try something new that will please her older fans.

Her vocals were never the selling point. It was her artistry, the dancing, and the performances. She can still dance, i.e. MM, it's just the demand of the routine that needs to be held back a bit. And not much because she can still dance RN, DRM, and AFY pretty well. It's like expecting Mariah or Whitney to start dancing since her voice is no longer in good shape.

That'll be good. I can rock with that. I really just want some of the depth and the power of her classic classics.

The songs should be in the vain of TA, very uplifting and inspirational. The others should just be dance tracks that appeal to a wide audience like AFY or something, which is why the song was a global hit. She can still add depth with the album tracks.

I agree with Austin that it shouldn't be a straight R&B album, but I don't get why a pop album cant be mature as well.

That's pretty much what older artists have been making for years. :lol:

The songs should be in the vain of TA, very uplifting and inspirational. The others should just be dance tracks that appeal to a wide audience like AFY or something, which is why the song was a global hit. She can still add depth with the album tracks.

The instrumentals can be upbeat and light-ish, but much of the lyrics should retain depth. She should give some AFY type dance hits to open herself to this generation, but her depth is what, in some cases, make her..her in our eyes. That should really be revived.

Damita Jo was 110% R&B album, the most R&B album of her entire career

20 Y.O. was 70%

Discipline was like 40% there was way more pop elements than R&B to that 1.

Really dont care either way. R&B is my fave genre, but I do feel like her image in the last 10yrs has been overly R&B and not enough pop/rock, which personally I dont mind too much. But I do mind because what makes her my #1 is her best music is a perfect mixture, and she does great with that.

All I got to say is I dont think she should (not for this project or ANY future project) settle on a genre. I understand and agree that she and her fans are getting older, but theres plenty of pop artist in their 40's,50's, & 60's who still do their thing and make quality music at their ages. I really dont want her to settle. Even though if she did, I'd understand I mean really R&B radio was supportive of her way back in the JJ 1982 days, its been her most successful genre in chart success of top 10's & 20's. But even with that said, the women is to pop to be 100% R&B.

She dont need to stick to a genre she needs a more mature sound, yet something that dont yell "IM OLD" lol, something that her fans in their teens and 20s can appreciate too.

The instrumentals can be upbeat and light-ish, but much of the lyrics should retain depth. She should give some AFY type dance hits to open herself to this generation, but her depth is what, in some cases, make her..her in our eyes. That should really be revived.

I don't see her going like TVR deep. I think at least waist deep like RN, NA, or Truth would probably be the deepest she'd go. I don't think she'd want to dwell on the depression of the last few years, but rather look optimistically towards the future.

:filenails:

She would literally have to go to a neo-soul type route and that's not her. Maybe for a couple of tracks, but not a full album. I actually like the idea of some house and jazzy tracks on there. Janet's biggest strength is that she's willing to be eclectic AND dance.

I think this will be a hard decision for Janet. If she mixes pop with R&B/Rock they will say she's done that before.

Yall don't want str8 R&B, older fans don't want str8 pop. So what is a girl to do???

Mix that shit up. As long as the music is good, her fans will listen.

Archived