Janet shouldn't do a pop album

Xtraordinary Xternal

So what is a girl to do???

Make the music she wants to make, thats in her heart. Speak from there, make the lyrics mean something, have a style have a agenda. Thats what made me love her the most. Control, A4Y, janet., TVR, A4Y, & Damita Jo in my opinion had all those things, and for the 1st 5 listed it worked REALLY well, I mean she went with what she wanted to do for all of those albums as far.

I honestly think the worst thing she could do is intentionally aim for "what's hott". It'd make her look desperate, hell thats what my non Jan fan friends thought about 20 Y.O. (not to mention they also thought it was a compilation album <_< havent forgiven some for that). Im not saying that that was the goal for the last 2 albums but thats how it came off to the non-Janet fans I talked too. I dont know why, but it did.

I don't see her going like TVR deep. I think at least waist deep like RN, NA, or Truth would probably be the deepest she'd go. I don't think she'd want to dwell on the depression of the last few years, but rather look optimistically towards the future.

That makes sense. TVR is my fave so that's why I'd be begging for a revival of it :asham: But I'm satisfied if she heads in a waist deep direction. I'm totally excited for what she brings next in general. The next Euro leg, the album, the next tour, movies, etc. I'm ready for it all ^_^

That makes sense. TVR is my fave so that's why I'd be begging for a revival of it :asham: But I'm satisfied if she heads in a waist deep direction. I'm totally excited for what she brings next in general. The next Euro leg, the album, the next tour, movies, etc. I'm ready for it all ^_^

I'm ready for 2012. Although it's the end of times, it's still something to look forward to. -_-

Make the music she wants to make, thats in her heart. Speak from there, make the lyrics mean something, have a style have a agenda. Thats what made me love her the most. Control, A4Y, janet., TVR, A4Y, & Damita Jo in my opinion had all those things, and for the 1st 5 listed it worked REALLY well, I mean she went with what she wanted to do for all of those albums as far.

I honestly think the worst thing she could do is intentionally aim for "what's hott". It'd make her look desperate, hell thats what my non Jan fan friends thought about 20 Y.O. (not to mention they also thought it was a compilation album <_< havent forgiven some for that). Im not saying that that was the goal for the last 2 albums but thats how it came off to the non-Janet fans I talked too. I dont know why, but it did.

It's easy for the other chicks like Whitney, Jlo, Mariah and Madonna. They can all do the same shit over and over again and no one will complain.. Janet should consider doing something totally new and not worry about the charts..

:lmao: Janet will be ending the careers of her peers and I hope takes some lessers with her :thumbup:

I just KNOW this album will be better than the last three. I can feel it. Just as long as she's with the write producers and writes her material. -_-

The fact that I'm actually enjoying 20YO and Discipline now shows my desperation for something new :umm:

DeadBanana.gifDeadBanana.gifDeadBanana.gifDeadBanana.gifDeadBanana.gifDeadBanana.gif

And flop harder than before ...

Janet needs a new sound but most important Janet needs to speak her mind, write her ish, and not go for the it producers.

Janet is not Monica, she is not a one trick pony, she can mix a lot of sounds and make them all work and that's what she needs to do

I don't give a fuck what anyone says...

RnB is the way to go for her... POP radio not playing anyone over the age of 40. However the urban older stations play janets shit all the time...

I want a solid album I don't give a fuck about what charts we don't own any stock on whatever record company she decides to be on. Bottom line is shes older and LA REID was right to want to push her into the sade route because at this point in her life shes older and should be on her mature shit.

I think she would want an album that has good reviews and buzz rather than trying to keep up with the younger ones... Look what happened to J LO with that pittbull song she still flopped. Janet keep doing the same thing over and over again thats why people not really checking for her musically like that anymore... 20 y.o. and discipline really werent bad albums she catered to the younger crowd and they didn't respond... Feedback at the time was a current sound however it didn't go to number 1.

Yall focus too much on charts and not on the actual quality of music its like you need to be told what to like or something and its beyond annoying.

Im not downgrading R&B at all, Im downgrading the idea of her doing only 1 genre forever. Regardless of her radio play, she should make the music that reaches out to her crowd which is extremely diverse in age & race, she cant settle and cater too 1 and ignore the rest, thats not Janet, thats not the Janet I love anyway. :filenails:

Im not downgrading R&B at all, Im downgrading the idea of her doing only 1 genre forever. Regardless of her radio play, she should make the music that reaches out to her crowd which is extremely diverse in age & race, she cant settle and cater too 1 and ignore the rest, thats not Janet, thats not the Janet I love anyway. :filenails:

She can ignore them because they been ignoring her ass for the last two albums... she can take a risk at this point and if they don't like it oh well.

Maxwell , Sade, Adel & R Kelly say different. Many other artists too that came out in the last few years had success with rnb albums I don't know why this board insists on downgrading rnb.

you are talking about artists with a solid fanbase that is used to them release pure R&B records. Janet's public is ALOT wider than the Maxwell,Sade type of public

nobody is downgrading R&B, it is what it is, R&B is not the way a mega star should go. Even Mary J Blige had to add a bit pop to her sound to get some hits and grammys (The Breakthrough)

And btw if you mean ADELE , she is not dropping R&B

She'll always use elements of RnB..her roots are in Rnb. At this point, she needs something fresh...I wish she would incorporate the music she says that she likes such as Brazilian jazz and other genres of music. And she betta be writing on this album..she has things that she can write about that's happened from 2009 to the present. :mellow:

Maxwell , Sade, Adel & R Kelly say different. Many other artists too that came out in the last few years had success with rnb albums I don't know why this board insists on downgrading rnb.

Maxwell is more neo-soul and hasn't ventured out of his genre as often as Janet has.

Sade while great, isn't doing anything different from what she's always done.

R. Kelly has sold the LEAST out of the ones you mentioned. He's still sitting on gold and has no plans of going anywhere. And his music is a bunch of bullshit.

Adele is not strictly R&B; she uses a lot of R&B influences for her songs, but she is not R&B and this is coming from a big fan of hers.

You're really going to compare the current state of R&B to where it was five years ago? Ten years ago? Fifteen years ago? People aren't checking for R&B right now. It's my favorite genre but it's wallowing in mediocrity and poor sales. This started back when every R&B artist felt the need to put a damn rapper in their songs or incorporate a lot of hip-hop leanings into the songs. It lost its voice. R&B isn't really R&B anymore, and it's a shame. It'd be a disaster for Janet to do a strictly R&B album, because she's not a strictly R&B artist. Is she rooted in R&B and funk? Hell yea. But she's always been more than that. Her strongest albums have ALWAYS had a mix.

Archived