Is there anything u dislike about Control-A4U albums?

---

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL ya'll not too much on "Slay For You"

:unsure:

I'm not going to get too into it, because I don't want to come across as inflammatory.

But, I stand by my position that while it was a popular album, it is not on the same level in terms of impact, critical acclaim, commercial success, etc. in regards to the other four. It was a strong album, but she's had stronger ones.

I almost feel like AFY and DJ should be on their own pantheon, as you notice there's a transition taking place music wise.

I'm not going to get too into it, because I don't want to come across as inflammatory.

But, I stand by my position that while it was a popular album, it is not on the same level in terms of impact, critical acclaim, commercial success, etc. in regards to the other four. It was a strong album, but she's had stronger ones.

I almost feel like AFY and DJ should be on their own pantheon, as you notice there's a transition taking place music wise.

I agree. It's not as iconic but it's still a great album imo.

Prior to 20 YO, it was my least favorite Janet album (excluding the other first two). The sound was too light. I began to appreciate it more, and I think it's a strong album.

I agree 100% with both of you. Co sign fully

All for you & DJ almost always come in either tied or switching places where I rank my Janet albums. I think I love Damita Jo more than A4Y, but sometimes I change my mind. Neither album I'd call her best, but neither album by any means I'd call her worst.

Thats pretty much my whole bottomline with both All For You & Damita Jo, despite this and that, and this song and this intro and this sound= their both great albums that I love, and am happy she made.

If u damn well bothered to notice, i didn't include the whole tracklist of songs. In fact I missed out Ooh baby, yet ironically that is the one u pick to try and lessen my excellent post.

All for you is an iconic album, its underated but people remember it and appreciate the era.

All for you was iconic, Doesn't really matter was iconic, the videos, the fashion, the tour were all awesome....

Go figure.

If u damn well bothered to notice, i didn't include the whole tracklist of songs. In fact I missed out Ooh baby, yet ironically that is the one u pick to try and lessen my excellent post.

All for you is an iconic album, its underated but people remember it and appreciate the era.

All for you was iconic, Doesn't really matter was iconic, the videos, the fashion, the tour were all awesome....

Go figure.

And if you damn well bothered to notice, I asked you to come back with receipts, and you came back again with your twisted and subjective opinion. You must be one of those kids that ate your crayons instead of using them to color the objects in the book.

Go figure.

You mentioned truth. Go outside and sing that song that get back to me when someone else recognizes it. Hell, sing the "oooo child, things are gonna get easier" and see if they know if it's actually that song, or the other song she took it from.

I adore this song so much :wub: It's applied so many times in my life :asham: Including with how I felt about CND :blush::lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:asham: :asham:

I swear I still can't understand what she's saying in that part. I think it's "....Opened the Door, I could've died, Even more, for his Love, Not too sure though :unsure:

I swear I still can't understand what she's saying in that part. I think it's "....Opened the Door, I could've died, Even more, for his Love, Not too sure though :unsure:

:asham:

Doing research, it's actually "Opened the door, I could have died, There we were all alone" I swear I never would have guessed that :lmao:

Honestly, A4U isn't in the "classic" Janhova album. She has four prior to that, which is great.

It just brings me back to a time though..I love reminiscing where I was with each Janet era. :blush:

It does bring me back. I remember where I was when I first heard AFY on the radio :blush:

:lol:

I luv Toni, but that heffa is notorious for that <_<

Yea Toni's language is harder than Janets in my opinion lol. I still LOVE me some Toni tho lol, but I gotta make up my own words sometimes to sing alont to her stuff from 2000+. Like I understand majority of what she said in her 1st 2 albums, but never 100% but ALOT more than when she started mumbeling like in He wasnt man enough LOVE that song but after 11 years, I think I know 40% of the words.

Archived