Is there anything u dislike about Control-A4U albums?

---

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Control- Not enough songs in my opinion, like em all

Rhythm Nation- Love it, You Need Me couldve been added

janet.- PERFECT for me, my #1 album. Yea I always heard the complaints of "filler" but for me I personally love every single song on that album, video, performance, interview, etc. My fave Janet era and album hands down, done

The Velvet Rope- a little all over the place, I respect this album more than the rest but its not my fave, like it took me a little bit to get completely into it, but today I love every song (except Tonights the night, I like it but its forgetable for me). Oh and Accept me & Cant be stopped should've been included on the album (and with CBS I dont mean as a hidden track)

All For You- I agree that the baby making songs had no place in the middle of the album, I may be alone in this but I think Better Dayz should've been maybe the 1st song from the album because I consider that song a continuation or sequel to Special, thats just me.

i think MYM & LWND are timeless.. RN

I heard LWND on the radio a few years ago, and it didn't sound nostalgic, like say how FHTF does when it's played during quiet storm hours. The only flaw about RN1814 is that the industrial beats make it sound a bit dated. Other than that, the album is pretty flawless.

Control - I already mentioned that I dont like those two cheesy tracks... they take away from the rest album, which are in stark contrast to the rest of that album. They are too lessor to be on that album. But I just forget that exist, and so Control becomes one my fav Janet albums

RN - I agree with Austin. The album is a bit dated. But when Im in the mood, it works for me, particularly when Im at the gym or something. I must admit.. one of the songs I've been getting into is State of the World. LMAO

But all that stuff Austin about being the album of the time is right

janet. - interludes can go... and some of em are strange and dont work.. and they just seem to drag. And I think that whole middle section of the album can go, even tho I dont mind some of the songs. Hard to get into now

TVR - I struggle with this album too. Sometimes I think its great, sometimes I think its overrated, sometimes I think its all over the place. Dont like all the songs

A4U - Love Jojo's stanning for "Feel So Right"...

Control-"You Can Be Mine" could have been left off.

Rhythm Nation 1814-Never understood why "Interlude: Come Back" is before "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" and not "Come Back to Me".

janet.-I feel that it wasn't necessary to have an interlude for almost all the songs on this album ("Wind", "Another Lover" and "Hold On Baby" could have been left off). And "The Body That Loves You" could have been left off too, but I guess she was going for a #1 on the Elevator Music chart.

The Velvet Rope-This is one album I do feel is overrated but it's for a good reason. Plus I only listen to the whole album when I'm in a funk.

All For You-*points to my response to cnd* It got too slow too fast for me.

I see your shade to Dream Street & JJ :ph34r:

From Control - TVR I can listen to the entire album all the way through. With AFY, my initial problem lies within Love Scene & WYM. Love Scene is just boring to me. Like I'll listin to about 45 secs of it then skip. WYM is nice, but I can never listen to the whole thing unless I'm watching it performed live.

Since I discovered Janet in TVR era (I was young) I would always ask around about Janet's previous eras "When Janet released so & so..." "Do you remember when Janet yada yada" & I would HATE when ppl would say that she only got by cuz of Michael! Like what the fuck did Michael have to do with the making of the albums? Did he produce? Did he write? Did he teach Janet her choreo??

I see that now some of them were Michael's stupid ass stans &/or Janet haters. That's probably one of the reason I've hated Mike was b/c some ppl around me would ALWAYS give HIM credit for Janet's success. Like do they not know that Jan turned his ass down for a duet b/c she wanted to establish herself as an artist?? & if Michael's name was the case, where the fuck are LeToya's HITS??! WHERE was You're Gonna FLOP Get Rocked on the carts? Where are Randy & the Gypsys' Platinum plaques? Was "Be The One" sittin pretty on the billboards?? is 3T hanging in there?

This has just brought up some memories for me......

All For You- I agree that the baby making songs had no place in the middle of the album, I may be alone in this but I think Better Dayz should've been maybe the 1st song from the album because I consider that song a continuation or sequel to Special, thats just me.

Never thought of "BT" being the intro song before, but you're absolutely right. It would've been perfect at the beginning. Then segue into "STCML" or something.

Rhythm Nation 1814-Never understood why "Interlude: Come Back" is before "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" and not "Come Back to Me".

I actually like it there. It's the prettiest, saddest interlude she's ever done and it somehow feels right going into a more cheerful song.

(It's not her best interlude though. That would be Be a Good Boy... Ofc.)

don't care for All For You all that much. Never been a fan of the song and when I finally got the album I felt let down. I kinda got the feeling that she was finally starting to run out of ideas because that album had no real clear direction imo.

anywho...i absolutely love Control, RN, janet and The Velvet Rope. I wouldnt change anything about them. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Never thought of "BT" being the intro song before, but you're absolutely right. It would've been perfect at the beginning. Then segue into "STCML" or something.

Yea start the album out mellow, then have it pick up with those dance tracks that do start the album (like STCML would be right before All For you, You aint right would follow All For You, and then Come on get up yadda yadda) maybe Truth should've been the very last song the outro of the album, I always kinda saw it like that. Wheres Better Dayz seems like its saying "this is what A4Y is about, picking up from TVR and moving on".

I actually like it there. It's the prettiest, saddest interlude she's ever done and it somehow feels right going into a more cheerful song.

(It's not her best interlude though. That would be Be a Good Boy... Ofc.)

It just never felt right there for me. The name and the instrumental screamed intro-interlude for "Come Back To Me" instead.

It just never felt right there for me. The name and the instrumental screamed intro-interlude for "Come Back To Me" instead.

Henrietta, I used to be the same.. I was like "why the fuck is this here"

but now I dont mind it

Control is flawless. It's a gift from God. It's easily her best album and you all will deal. You Can Be Mine slays everything.

RN is kinda dated but still a gem

Janet. is dated but has some strong tracks and it's fair share of fillers

TVR interludes annoy me

All For You slays

Archived