Is there anything u dislike about Control-A4U albums?

---

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH girl, don't go there..I was in agreement. :rolleyes:

I was a tender 8 years old when Janhova entered my life. :wub:

I'm sorry I have to be defensive when it comes to "You Can Be Legend" cause a lot of ppl like to try it.

I was 13 when I discovered the greatness of Janet. Everyone else automatically became lessors in my world

I'm sorry I have to be defensive when it comes to "You Can Be Legend" cause a lot of ppl like to try it.

I was 13 when I discovered the greatness of Janet. Everyone else automatically became lessors in my world

OH ok..I don't use the non single releases from "Control" like that.

I literally grew up with her.."Control" will always have a special place in my heart. :thumbup:

AFY just seems like a "coming-to-terms" with everything on TVR. "Better Days" pretty much sums up the whole theme of the project.

Thats exactly why Im saying itd be interesting if it were a opening album track instead of a closing album one, like Truth seems like the final song type of theme (SOAG should still be right before it, I always liked those 2 paired up its like "the ugly fight" followed by "the calm conversation".

Thats exactly why Im saying itd be interesting if it were a opening album track instead of a closing album one, like Truth seems like the final song type of theme (SOAG should still be right before it, I always liked those 2 paired up its like "the ugly fight" followed by "the calm conversation".

The album could benefit from a bit of rearranging of the tracks, and the album would be a little strong. But it does work as it is. CL - WYM could have been left off, and exchanged for some different tracks, or at put somewhere else on the album.

If I were to nit-pick:

Control could only be benefitted by the removal of "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive" and "You Can Be Mine." They're great, and I live for the high notes in the former, but they disrupt the aggressive tone of the album. Even still, it's everything. All For You has some filler ("Come On Get Up," "Love Scene," "Feels So Right") and is a bit inconsistent but it's fantastic nonetheless. The introspective tracks trump everything else on the album.

Rhythm Nation, Janet., and The Velvet Rope are perfect and those who think differently can fall into a ditch and rot.

If I were to nit-pick:

Control could only be benefitted by the removal of "He Doesn't Know I'm Alive" and "You Can Be Mine." They're great, and I live for the high notes in the former, but they disrupt the aggressive tone of the album. Even still, it's everything. All For You has some filler ("Come On Get Up," "Love Scene," "Feels So Right") and is a bit inconsistent but it's fantastic nonetheless. The introspective tracks trump everything else on the album.

Thats exactly what it is

*snickers like a cat after seeing where this thread is headed*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

YCBM is kewt.

But it ain't touching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1-mDnmXPg

When He Opened The DOOO-AH / I Could've di-eed / Even MO' / *Starts belting in Jacksonese*

I adore this song so much :wub: It's applied so many times in my life :asham: Including with how I felt about CND :blush::lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

All for you is one of the greatest albums of all time. Highly underrated cause of it's time. It's right up there with The other 4. Don't dare take it down.

I've noticed that many of us don't really include AFY in the Control - TVR albums. It's not really an album that defines Janet, but operates more as a transitional album from megastar to legend. That said, it should be favored because truth be told, AFY is damn near as good as janet.

Control is flawless. It's a gift from God. It's easily her best album and you all will deal. You Can Be Mine slays everything.

Janet. is dated but has some strong tracks and it's fair share of fillers

TVR interludes annoy me

398740848.jpg

Archived