Paparazzi/News + Janet = Headlines

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well she's with the right team to get it. I mean look at how hard they went in for Janet's "number ones". -_-

They should have pushed MM a bit more imo. Pop radio was playing it more than the other formats, which was a shock. But just about every interview she did during that time, #1s was somehow being promoted.

Plus, Switchy said it's almost platinum thanks to ppl buying it at the shows. I think they should be selling the last three albums as well.

They should have pushed MM a bit more imo. Pop radio was playing it more than the other formats, which was a shock. But just about every interview she did during that time, #1s was somehow being promoted.

Plus, Switchy said it's almost platinum thanks to ppl buying it at the shows. I think they should be selling the last three albums as well.

I think "MM" could have charted higher than "Feedback".

Well don't sell "Discipline" there...don't wanna scare folks away. -_-

I think "MM" could have charted higher than "Feedback".

Well don't sell "Discipline" there...don't wanna scare folks away. -_-

That album cover is a bit off-putting. -_- Had it been one of the unreleased shots from that shoot, it may have done a little better.

Listening to MM, it wouldn't have done much had they pushed it. I could only see it on the R&B chart.

^^^Because this isn't 1986 anymore. The times have changed. This is a fast food market, and attention spans are short. Go away for too long and someone will come along and take your spot.

This only applies to mediocrity. Janet is not mediocre.

Michael came back after 10 years in 'this market'.

I really think some of u r ott. Janet is still talked about. Certainly recently, Janet makes the occassional appearance in tabloids like the metro, is she front page big spread? No, but she's not ignored.

I think people in all demographics know her, so it's not about markets, the problem lies with quantity. She needs more people to learn about her. The best way for her is major promo and radio play. Both have improved in recent years, but with the new album it ought to be 'all for you' (the single) exposure atleast.

I really think some of u r ott. Janet is still talked about. Certainly recently, Janet makes the occassional appearance in tabloids like the metro, is she front page big spread? No, but she's not ignored.

I think people in all demographics know her, so it's not about markets, the problem lies with quantity. She needs more people to learn about her. The best way for her is major promo and radio play. Both have improved in recent years, but with the new album it ought to be 'all for you' (the single) exposure atleast.

You just contradicted yourself. :mellow:

hangingupflatscreen.jpg

i know switchy posts here alot..but who is he and what connection he have to janet/and or her team to know such info

Him and FreeXone are pretty close. FreeXone works directly with Janet's team, and he tells Switchy the tea, and Switchy tells us what he can.

She should be in the headlines at least one a month imo. -_-

Game's pessimism and pretension knows no boundaries.

And that's why she can't afford to stay reclusive. Again, this isn't the 80s. If you don't want to be forgotten, you have to keep yourself on the public's mind.

Staying reclusive is one thing. But Janet whoring herself in a desperate attempt to get noticed is another. That's NOT Janet.

Staying reclusive is one thing. But Janet whoring herself in a desperate attempt to get noticed is another. That's NOT Janet.

You may call it desperate, but in this market, you stay away too long and you'll be forgotten, no matter how legendary you think you are.

Archived