WHAT ON EARTH happen to Babyface's LEGACY as a producer...

janetDAYZ

Im mean has his contributions gotten lost in the shuffle?

The man has worked with ALL the big name icons by playing a small part in the developments of their "STATUS" worthy careers. From MJ,Madonna,Mariah,Whitney,Janet,TLC,BoyzIIMen,Mary,Usher,Toni all the way down to the smaller acts. He was R.Kelly before R.Kelly was R.kelly. Its a little disturbing that he doesnt get the same credit or acknowlegdment as Kellz. He's composed some of the most classic R&B music EVERRRRRRRR. Where is his spotlight?

He's one of my fave producers ever. R&B ballads just don't blow up like they used to, that's part of why the '90s were so great. And he's MUCH better than R. Kelly. -_-

MUCH better then Piss Kelly .

Kids are the main consumers these days so there is no room for grown up ballads or any type of mature music for that matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbELCN4GwI

i know that it's not by him but this would be a hit back in the days , right now it only made her go bankrupt

went down the Toni Braxton road .

That type of R&B just doesn't sell anymore

Im not asking why his work isnt selling..(we know times are diff now).Im asking why isnt he getting a head nod and respect from the industry as other well accomplished producers...I put Babyface on the level with the greats,honestly.

Im not asking why his work isnt selling..(we know times are diff now).Im asking why isnt he getting a head nod and respect from the industry as other well accomplished producers...I put Babyface on the level with the greats,honestly.

his time has passed. he isn't an attention whore who needs the industry to validate his work. He doesn't seem to care about the industry and vise versa . I'm sure that he could get lots of nods if he wanted but he isn't making a fuss about it so people just forgot about him

i think babyface sound got old a producer only last for about 7 years until their sound becomes played out

But its a little troubling that his track record hasnt made a lasting impression to where folks are speaking of him or naming him as an influence (producerwise) . I wonder has there really been any other producer thats worked with as many legendary/icons as he has ..his track record is unbelievable if you really sit and think about it.

his time has passed. he isn't an attention whore who needs the industry to validate his work. He doesn't seem to care about the industry and vise versa . I'm sure that he could get lots of nods if he wanted but he isn't making a fuss about it so people just forgot about him

I know Babyface isnt an attention whore ..I dunno..some folks EARN and DESERVE respect and he just doesnt get it.

He was R.Kelly before R.Kelly was R.kelly. Its a little disturbing that he doesnt get the same credit or acknowlegdment as Kellz. He's composed some of the most classic R&B music EVERRRRRRRR. Where is his spotlight?

First of all, R. Kelly > Baby food

Second, he went away once the 90's ended because he was just so 90's, lmao.

But its a little troubling that his track record hasnt made a lasting impression to where folks are speaking of him or naming him as an influence (producerwise) . I wonder has there really been any other producer thats worked with as many legendary/icons as he has ..his track record is unbelievable if you really sit and think about it.

i agree at one time it seem like everything he did turn to gold

yeah but right now you have to turn into an attention whore and do everything to get some recognition >_< . Just look at the grammys

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not to mention the AMA peformances had me believing it was the da 4th of July already ...waaaaaay to much shit going on.. I just knew the venue would be burnt to da ground before the show was over :mellow:

So you TRULY belive Kellz has made more classic and timeless music than Babyface??? :umm:

:lmao: at Babyface making timeless music. Ch...

His sound is dated hence why it stayed in the 90's. I don't even hear his work on the R&B radio stations anymore but I still hear R. Kelly's work with Ron Isley, Kelly Price, MJ and etc.

One remained relevant and made classic R&B music while the other is a memory and did some watered-down commercial R&B.

:lmao:at Babyface making timeless music. Ch...

His sound is dated hence why it stayed in the 90's. I don't even hear his work on the R&B radio stations anymore but I still hear R. Kelly's work with Ron Isley, Kelly Price, MJ and etc.

One remained relevant and made classic R&B music while the other is a memory and did some watered-down commercial R&B.

You really don't know what classic music is.. :sigh:

"A Song for Mama" - Boyz II Men (#1 R&B, #7 US)

"Always In My Heart" – Tevin Campbell (#6 R&B)

"Another Sad Love Song" – Toni Braxton (#2 R&B, #7 US)

"As" – George Michael and Mary J. Blige (#4 UK) (Produced only)

"Baby-Baby-Baby" – TLC (#1 R&B, #2 US)

"Backyard" - Pebbles (feat. Salt-N-Pepa) (#4 R&B)

"Breathe Again" – Toni Braxton (#4 R&B, #3 US, #2 UK)

"Can I Stay With You" - Karyn White (#10 R&B)

"Can We Talk" – Tevin Campbell (#1 R&B, #9 US)

"Can't Stop" - After 7 (#1 R&B, #7 US)

"Change the World" – Eric Clapton (#5 US, #1 AC)

"Count on Me" – Whitney Houston and CeCe Winans (#7 R&B, #8 US)

"Dial My Heart" - The Boys (#1 R&B)

"Diggin' On You" – TLC (#7 R&B, #5 US)

"Don't Be Cruel" – Bobby Brown (#1 R&B, #8 US)

"End of the Road" – Boyz II Men (#1 R&B, #1 US, #1 UK)

"Every Little Step" – Bobby Brown (#1 R&B, #1 US, #6 UK)

"Exclusivity" - Damian Dame (#1 R&B)

"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" – Whitney Houston (#1 R&B, #1 US)

"Fairweather Friend" - Johnny Gill (#2 R&B)

"Giving You the Benefit" - Pebbles (#1 R&B, #4 US)

"Girlfriend" – Pebbles (#1 R&B, #5 US, #8 UK)

"Good Enough" – Bobby Brown (#5 R&B, #7 US)

"Hard to Say I'm Sorry" - Az Yet (#8 US, #7 UK) (Produced only)

"Heat Of The Moment" - After 7 (#5 R&B)

"Humpin' Around" – Bobby Brown (#1 R&B, #3 US)

"I Care 'Bout You" – Milestone (#10 R&B)

"I'd Still Say Yes" - Klymaxx (#7 R&B) (Written only)