What makes a person 'beautiful'?

Selz

I'm not talking about a beautiful inside/personality type thing, I mean when there are people who are models and you look at them and can see they're gorgeous - but what is it that makes them beautiful over someone who would be considered unattractive? Is it the colour of their eyes, the shape of the nose, their bone structure, if they have long eyelashes or their eyes are close together or far apart etc. ... what do you think?

Uhm..for women? I'd say it's when they have or are close to that balance between being lean and having curves. Personally, I lean to the curves to have a little more if either one. I love a natural beauty. Someone who, if anything, can just maybe dab on some eye-liner and a touch of lip gloss and be set. Now this doesn't mean she's, per say, flawless, but she can still hold her own without all the effects. Eyes with life in them and a bright smile are key.

I'd say a woman who doesn't really use/need all of the makeup is 10 times more beautiful than the ones who use it too often. Not to say it's bad or anything. But the ones who use it less and can hold their own are so much more beautiful to me.

I think I made my point :asham:

I'm a sucker for thick eye brows dragon ball z type :)<_< LOL

I feel like beauty always comes from the inside first...(I know you said don't add it but its a factor) a confident person will draw people in. How they stand how they speak eye contact all of that can make someone attractive.

Oh yeah I agree, I was just thinking of models that generally get picked for how they look. Some of them (I wanna say a lot of them but don't wanna get in trouble :lol:) don't have much in the way of personalities :lol:

Uhm..for women? I'd say it's when they have or are close to that balance between being lean and having curves. Personally, I lean to the curves to have a little more if either one. I love a natural beauty. Someone who, if anything, can just maybe dab on some eye-liner and a touch of lip gloss and be set. Now this doesn't mean she's, per say, flawless, but she can still hold her own without all the effects. Eyes with life in them and a bright smile are key.

I'd say a woman who doesn't really use/need all of the makeup is 10 times more beautiful than the ones who use it too often. Not to say it's bad or anything. But the ones who use it less and can hold their own are so much more beautiful to me.

I think I made my point :asham:

:lol: Yeah I think so ;)

I agree about the make-up thing, I don't understand why women cake it on, I generally wear a bit of mascara and some brown eyeshadow (it's good for blue eyes apparently :asham:) and I'm not ashamed to go out shopping on the weekend not wearing any make-up. I feel bad for the young teens who wear so much eyeliner and mascara it looks like spiders have taken over their eyes - because they're still too young to know.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319398411' post='263552]

:lol: Yeah I think so ;)

I agree about the make-up thing, I don't understand why women cake it on, I generally wear a bit of mascara and some brown eyeshadow (it's good for blue eyes apparently :asham:) and I'm not ashamed to go out shopping on the weekend not wearing any make-up. I feel bad for the young teens who wear so much eyeliner and mascara it looks like spiders have taken over their eyes - because they're still too young to know.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319397601' post='263535]

I'm not talking about a beautiful inside/personality type thing, I mean when there are people who are models and you look at them and can see they're gorgeous - but what is it that makes them beautiful over someone who would be considered unattractive? Is it the colour of their eyes, the shape of the nose, their bone structure, if they have long eyelashes or their eyes are close together or far apart etc. ... what do you think?

^^ this....there is some Greek formula that says it is all propotions rule or thirds I think?

Yes, I'm not sure if it's greek but it comes down to math. We find certain proportions, sizes of things, distances from each other, etc, more appealing than others.

Yes, I'm not sure if it's greek but it comes down to math. We find certain proportions, sizes of things, distances from each other, etc, more appealing than others.

just off the top of my head I learned in my evolutionary class, that we as a species, are more attracted to those that display the best physical traits that will ensure propagation of the species, so say someone is obese, that carries a lot of health implications, so someone muscular we are drawn to.

Archived