Animal Testing... What's your take on it?

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Here: http://whitecoatwelfare.org/aat-text.shtml

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/argument-against-animal-testing.html

Because they can explain better than I can.

Yes, I am against it. Strongly.

Really :umm: imma need you to sum it up in ur own words...

You agree that animal testing is equivalent to slavery :blink:

:blink: elaborate Aussie... Which products, In ur opinion, shouldn't be tested on animals?

If it's clothes and stuff then there shouldn't be a problem.

But in reality, there shouldn't be a problem with it because humans have been doing human testing for years.

Well u didn't elaborate.. U left two links and booked it... I assume u read what u posted and fully agree because that's what you let us to assume :umm:

I'd think you'd know better about me than that. But the general idea of doing it and what they said, I agree with.

It dosen't make it right. :mellow:

You missed the point. >_<

Is clothing tested on animals? :unsure: like they put hats on monkeys and observe :lmao:

Let's stick to non-human testing lol

Clothing is tested on animals. I see it all the time. But it's cute though. :blush:

But in any event, people who test on animals are just stupid. Humans and animals are biologically different, and thus don't react to chemicals the same way. So trying to produce liable results from animal testing is fallacious before it's even started. Also, humans need to understand we are at the top of the food chain. Non-humans kill animals for reasons as trivial as invading another animal's territory. It happens, I watch a lot of animal planet. People who are against it often fail to see this. All life on this earth is placed here to keep everything alive. Everything is a predator, everything is a prey. Humans test on animals as a way to maintain life. Non-humans practice killing other animals as a way to maintain life. It's just blatant hypocrisy.

Clothing is tested on animals. I see it all the time. But it's cute though. :blush:

But in any event, people who test on animals are just stupid. Humans and animals are biologically different, and thus don't react to chemicals the same way. So trying to produce liable results from animal testing is fallacious before it's even started. Also, humans need to understand we are at the top of the food chain. Non-humans kill animals for reasons as trivial as invading another animal's territory. It happens, I watch a lot of animal planet. People who are against it often fail to see this. All life on this earth is placed here to keep everything alive. Everything is a predator, everything is a prey. Humans test on animals as a way to maintain life. Non-humans practice killing other animals as a way to maintain life. It's just blatant hypocrisy.

OOOPS

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't think ur right about most of what you said since mice are used to create human body parts, a pig's heart has the same make up as a human... Yes humans and other animals are not biologically similar but some come very close... So the chemical reaction, whether good or bad, would be realistic as long as the body part being tested is similar to that of a human's

Also not all lab animals are killed.. Most are but there are some who carry one their whole lives in a lab.. And we're not using them for food... So idk what u were talking about with the whole "animal kingdom pyramid".

:wub:

I don't think ur right about most of what you said since mice are used to create human body parts, a pig's heart has the same make up as a human... Yes humans and other animals are not biologically similar but some come very close... So the chemical reaction, whether good or bad, would be realistic as long as the body part being tested is similar to that of a human's

Also not all lab animals are killed.. Most are but there are some who carry one their whole lives in a lab.. And we're not using them for food... So idk what u were talking about with the whole "animal kingdom pyramid".

But you have to remember, just as all humans are different, all animals are different (within the species). Not everyone will react the same tested material the same way. So you can't really use animal tests as being 99.9% accurate, to use the old cliche.

Also, I was getting at the hypocrisy of Humans (take note of the capitalization). Animals test on other animals as well. Felines in the Serengeti and Sahara for example use gazels and impalas to train to hunt. Sometimes they don't kill the animal, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't even eat it. It's a survival technique. Similarly, Humans are doing the same thing. We test on non-Humans to ensure our survival. People seem to forget that humans are animals as well. The only thing that separates Humans from other animals is our superior level of intelligence and communication skills. We are at the top of the food chain, so naturally everything below us are prey, unless you're cannibalistic. Animals killing animals (along with Humans) are population control methods that are needed.

But you have to remember, just as all humans are different, all animals are different (within the species). Not everyone will react the same tested material the same way. So you can't really use animal tests as being 99.9% accurate, to use the old cliche.

Also, I was getting at the hypocrisy of Humans (take note of the capitalization). Animals test on other animals as well. Felines in the Serengeti and Sahara for example use gazels and impalas to train to hunt. Sometimes they don't kill the animal, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't even eat it. It's a survival technique. Similarly, Humans are doing the same thing. We test on non-Humans to ensure our survival. People seem to forget that humans are animals as well. The only thing that separates Humans from other animals is our superior level of intelligence and communication skills. We are at the top of the food chain, so naturally everything below us are prey, unless you're cannibalistic. Animals killing animals (along with Humans) are population control methods that are needed.

ok.. i got what you're saying

Archived