Why Is Prince A Bigger Star Than Janet

Idrag4mj

you can explain it and stan all you want for janet I said the real reason already why the general public considers him a bigger star thats reality... Not gonna waste my time arguing over it either u got the answers if you don't like the reality of the situation thats another story. How old are u? If you under 25 u couldn't grasp the impact of prince fully.

LOL. Exactly, hence he's not bigger than Janet.

Janet has been around longer and is more relevant today. She has and has had a bigger presence and status than him for years.

You said it yourself, but I would go further, nobody under 30 gives a fuck about him.

I STILL don't know where all this shit is coming from.

Nobody has ever said Prince is bigger, no media, no general public, unless they are haters of Janet or delusional Prince fans ofcourse.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. Exactly, hence he's not bigger than Janet.

Janet has been around longer and is more relevant today. She has and has had a bigger presence and status than him for years.

You said it yourself, but I would go further, nobody under 30 gives a fuck about him.

I STILL don't know where all this shit is coming from.

Nobody has ever said Prince is bigger, no media, no general public, unless they are haters of Janet or delusional Prince fans ofcourse.

Not as a musician-singer. Learn to separate.

Prince is not perse BIGGER ...he's just more respected as a "artist" simply because he plays instruments-nothing more. Its not a BIG deal.

Yes i am under 25 ...though i don't think that has a bearing on whether i should understand or grasp the impact of prince

Anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of elton John

anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of MJ

anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of madonna

so what makes Prince so different in your book

Not as a musician-singer. Learn to separate.

Prince is not perse BIGGER ...he's just more respected as a "artist" simply because he plays instruments-nothing more. Its not a BIG deal.

Ah but that's where you miss the point, and don't see the significance in her impact.

However you see her, she has come from stardom as a child. I can think of no other CHILD star (aside from Elizabeth Taylor) who has so publicly survived like Janet has AND impacted in such a way either. Janet fans have a habit of forgetting that Janet is more than just a pop star from the 80s (cough) like Prince (cough). They forget she was Penny, they forget the world knew her name before she could even walk. We've watched her grow up, like we would a Princess to a Queen, and thats what makes her unique and an exceptionally extraordinary celebrity.

Only snobby music know it alls think Prince is more of an artist. I think you talking silly. Janet is very well respected for her work from 'Control' to 'Velvet Rope'. She crafted her own artistry, that has had more impact than Prince will ever. You, along with others have just fallen in to the trap of seeing Janet as 'just' a popstar, cause it so happens that HER ARTISTRY has impacted so much on the mainstream, you end up taking it for granted and making less of it.

Yes i am under 25 ...though i don't think that has a bearing on whether i should understand or grasp the impact of prince

Anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of elton John

anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of MJ

anybody under 25 can grasp the impact of madonna

so what makes Prince so different in your book

Elton John, MJ, and Madonna all made an impact even up to the 00s.

Prince hasn't had a truly major impact since the 80s. He didn't even have a name in the 90s. LMAO.

Yes, some younger people still find his work and enjoy it, but do the majority youth public really know him? I doubt it.

Ah but that's where you miss the point, and don't see the significance in her impact.

However you see her, she has come from stardom as a child. I can think of no other child star who has so publicly survived like Janet has AND impacted in such a way either. Janet fans have a habit of forgetting that Janet is more than just a pop star from the 80s (cough) like Prince (cough).

Only snobby music know it alls think Prince is more of an artist. I think you talking silly. Janet is very well respected for her work from 'Control' to 'Velvet Rope'. She crafted her own artistry, that has had more impact than Prince will ever. You, along with others have just fallen in to the trap of seeing Janet as 'just' a popstar, cause it so happens that HER ARTISTRY has impacted so much on the mainstream, you end up taking it for granted and making less of it.

Thats all nice and dandy but have you all forgot that Janet has been UNDERRATED her whole career? We discuss this on the board ALL THE TIME. The industry respects Janet but she deserves sooooo much more. This should not come as a surprise to you all. We've been thru this. We(as stans) know her impact and everything else surrounding Janet career but she's never got the proper PRAISE.

Prince hasn't had a truly major impact since the 80s. He didn't even have a name in the 90s. LMAO.

Yes, some younger people still find his work and enjoy it, but do the majority youth public really know him? I doubt it.

He made his stamp in the 80s ...thats all he needed to become legendary. Do you know how many legendary ppl who havent sold 1 album in the new decade? It means nothing.

You do know that we are somewhat on the same page don't you

i agree with everything you said

You do know that we are somewhat on the same page don't you

i agree with everything you said

So what makes you conclude that Prince is bigger? That's why (from the start) I've been confused, I don't get what you are saying.

Yes, we all know and agree that Janet is underated in many respects, but I still would argue she is more highly rated than Prince is TODAY. I only heard briefly about Princes last tour cause there was a youtube clip of Rebbie Jackson going on stage to dance to a cover of an MJ song he was doing LMBO!! And I know he released his last album free through a newspaper (he got some publicity for that), but aside from that I know nothing, I don't even know what he looks like these days. You never even see pics of him.

Janet on the other hand, media can't stop talking about her tour, there are articles globally who have reviewed her concerts, and followed her moves, ala lately how she rescheduled a few for her bro. I don't think its just cause I'm a fan. People who wouldn't otherwise know Janet post superbowl, know her now cause of this tour. The ads on youtube and TV across the world, the newspaper ads, reviews, previews, ticket promotions, increased radio play, blackglama images. Is Prince even on Twitter?

What im saying is, yes, I know Prince made a big impact in the 80s, but so did Janet. But what Janet has over him is relevance post 80s and today. That has got to make her bigger. Artistically, people still bother about Janet cause they still got faith she can make great music. I think people gave up on Prince a long time ago when he started playing about with his name and releasing albums of what was it, 90 songs?? :-/

So what makes you conclude that Prince is bigger? That's why (from the start) I've been confused, I don't get what you are saying.

Yes, we all know and agree that Janet is underated in many respects, but I still would argue she is more highly rated than Prince is TODAY. I only heard briefly about Princes last tour cause there was a youtube clip of Rebbie Jackson going on stage to dance to a cover of an MJ song he was doing LMBO!! And I know he released his last album free through a newspaper (he got some publicity for that), but aside from that I know nothing, I don't even know what he looks like these days. You never even see pics of him.

Janet on the other hand, media can't stop talking about her tour, there are articles globally who have reviewed her concerts, and followed her moves, ala lately how she rescheduled a few for her bro. I don't think its just cause I'm a fan. People who wouldn't otherwise know Janet post superbowl, know her now cause of this tour. The ads on youtube and TV across the world, the newspaper ads, reviews, previews, ticket promotions, increased radio play, blackglama images. Is Prince even on Twitter?

What im saying is, yes, I know Prince made a big impact in the 80s, but so did Janet. But what Janet has over him is relevance post 80s and today. That has got to make her bigger. Artistically, people still bother about Janet cause they still got faith she can make great music. I think people gave up on Prince a long time ago when he started playing about with his name and releasing albums of what was it, 90 songs?? :-/

Bigger in the sense that ...His fan base is till willing to pay to see him ..

Janet's fanbase is not..at least 75% of them are not

He is a prolific music making genius. Prince was always in the studio, touring, releasing new music, creating and doing something different. He solidified himself in music history by being hungry and passionate.

Archived