Why Is Prince A Bigger Star Than Janet

Idrag4mj

She's grossing way more than Janet but he's right about Saline Slayline doing many shows. :lol:

I mean her highest grossing tour is mainly because it's residency shows from 2003 to 2007. :umm: I think she's still doing the same thing.

If he's talking about Slayine's current residency shows, she's not even doing that many shows. :mellow:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check my posts, sis. I simply stated that Madonna could only RECENTLY be viewed as surpassing Tina as a touring artist. Which is actually in favor of Madonna... lol YOU got pressed because you thought I was dissing your fav. :lmao: :lmao:

In reference to your link, I already know about and have acknowledged the "Sticky and Sweet" tour...which as I've stated is the FIRST time Madonna has played to 3 million people, something Tina was doing back in 1990. :excited: :excited: :excited:

More attendence =/= bigger touring act, sis. You can't be that simple-minded. I hope you're aware that Tina did 255 shows which is why she reached a 3 million attendence. Madonna only did 85 shows and reached over 3 million. :) Sticky and Sweet is actually the most shows (85 to be exact) Madonna has ever done on tour. She usually does between 37 to 60 shows each tour and still books over 200 million each tour. Tina is never doing it.

So like I said Madonna was always the bigger touring act.

She has another residency from 2011 to 2014. :umm:

Well, yeah, if you add up all the years it's going to be a lot of shows. But comparing the current time frame, since they started pretty close to each other, Janet has been sweating her poon off with her shows, while Slayline has planted her ass down and even takes full months off.

You can't compare the two. Slayline will always prevail. :filenails:

More attendence =/= bigger touring act, sis. You can't be that simple-minded. I hope you're aware that Tina did 255 shows which is why she reached a 3 million attendence. Madonna only did 85 shows and reached over 3 million. :) Sticky and Sweet is actually the most shows (85 to be exact) Madonna has ever done on tour. She usually does between 37 to 60 shows each tour and still books over 200 million each tour. Tina is never doing it.

So like I said Madonna was always the bigger touring act.

Sweetie, Madonna just crossed into the $100 million dollar per tour club with the Re-Invention World Tour. Something other acts like Tina and Mike were doing in the 90's, so let's not with $200 million dollars each tour, okay. ^_^:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless you're coming by these figures with inflation and if so...Tina would WIN since she's sold more concert tickets than ANY other tour act. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just admit that you got pressed and everything will be just fine. :good:

Well, yeah, if you add up all the years it's going to be a lot of shows. But comparing the current time frame, since they started pretty close to each other, Janet has been sweating her poon off with her shows, while Slayline has planted her ass down and even takes full months off.

You can't compare the two. Slayline will always prevail. :filenails:

Yea, I agree you can't compare the two. :asham:

Sweetie, Madonna just crossed into the $100 million dollar per tour club with the Re-Invention World Tour. Something other acts like Tina and Mike were doing in the 90's, so let's not with $200 million dollars each tour, okay. ^_^:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless you're coming by these figures with inflation and if so...Tina would WIN since she's sold more concert tickets than ANY other tour act. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just admit that you got pressed and everything will be just fine. :good:

You obviously lack reading comprehension skills. :asham: I clearly stated that Tina does far more shows than Madonna but has yet to gross the amount Madonna does with each show. She's not close to being the touring act Madonna is. Just look at the list Game posted. Madonna and U2 is perched on top while Tina is down at #45.

and that's not true about Re-Invention tour being the first to do $100 million. The Drowned tour did over $100 million. 17 out of 47 shows grossed over $76 million. All 47 of her shows were 100% sold-out too so she did gross over $100 million. FYI, The Girlie show did $70 million without ticket inflation. :lol:

Just admit that YOU are pressed and move on. Better yet go on your little hiatus as you usually do when your wig is thrown to the depths of hell. :asham:

You obviously lack reading comprehension skills. :asham: I clearly stated that Tina does far more shows than Madonna but has yet to gross the amount Madonna does with each show. She's not close to being the touring act Madonna is. Just look at the list Game posted. Madonna and U2 is perched on top while Tina is down at #45.

Actually going by when they were both active in touring (the 80's and the 90's) Tina had higher attendance and grossed more than Madonna with each show.

The 255 number you referenced was for the "Wildest Dreams Tour" which you are correct about and she did play to over 3 million people.

Usually she plays 100+ shows and most of those are over 2 or 3 million in attendance. Like her Foreign Affair tour, which played 121 dates and close to 3 million people too... IN 1990! ^_^:excited: :excited: :excited:

Game's list was for THIS decade which is why he deleted it. :lol: :lol:

FYI, The Girlie show did $70 million without ticket inflation. :lol:

FYI, Tina was doing $100 million+ in ticket sales around that time, without ticket inflation. :yep::excited: :excited: :excited:

Just admit that YOU are pressed and move on. Better yet go on your little hiatus as you usually do when your wig is thrown to the depths of hell.

I have nothing to be pressed over... I simply pointed out that only now could Madonna be considered the bigger touring act (which again is in FAVOR of Madonna lol) YOU got pressed and came in this thread to defend your fav. Since YOU want to take to the stats... I will gladly oblige, but all you are doing is continuing to add points to my original point...I will let you keep doing that though. :yep::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KII @ the essay. Poor TOF. :asham:

Madonna only had two tours in the 80's. One was stateside the other was only 37 shows yet she managed to reach 2.5 million attendees. You keep saying how Tina performed for more attendees when in actuality she was breaking her back doing 100+ shows while Madonna only did more than half of that amount but still grossed more in a short period of time and reached a bigger audience. :asham:

85 shows and reaching 3.5 million attendees >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 255 shows and reaching 3 million attendees.

Game's list proves who the real big touring acts are. Madge and U2 were perched atop in the 90's and still are. Tina is nowhere to be found. It's about consistency, sis.

But keep fuming. :lol:

I can only imagine how Madge's next tour will do... I know you're shaking in your boots at the thought of it. :lmao:

KII @ the essay. Poor TOF. :asham:

Madonna only had two tours in the 80's. One was stateside the other was only 37 shows yet she managed to reach 2.5 million attendees. You keep saying how Tina performed for more attendees when in actuality she was breaking her back doing 100+ shows while Madonna only did more than half of that amount but still grossed more in a short period of time and reached a bigger audience. :asham:

85 shows and reaching 3.5 million attendees >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 255 shows and reaching 3 million attendees.

Game's list proves who the real big touring acts are. Madge and U2 were perched atop in the 90's and still are. Tina is nowhere to be found. It's about consistency, sis.

But keep fuming. :lol:

I can only imagine how Madge's next tour will do... I know you're shaking in your boots by the thought of it. :lmao:

And Tina only had two in this decade compared to Madonna's four...which is when Madonna FINALLY entered the $100 million dollar per tour club, and finally surpassed 3 million in attendees. :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

In the 80's Tina only had two tours too and both outgrossed Madonna's and had higher attendance. In fact the attendance for one of those tours is over 4 million :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (Also, the Madonna tour you are referring to played to 1.5 million, not 2.5 million)

More concert tickets than any other act>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, Game's list proves who are the biggest touring acts for the 2000's, where Madonna had 4 tours and Tina had 2. :wave:

You are still pressed thinking I'm coming for your fav, when ALL my initial post stated was that only now can Madonna be considered the bigger tour act. Which in fact is in Madonna's favor, and does state that say she is the bigger touring act (now but not previously)...and yet I'm the one fuming, sis? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lets not be delusional please

Celine dion is on madonna touring level..do you have any idea how much her tour taken chases brought in ?? close to 400million dollars

Tina tuner is the biggest touring act of all time male or female..she is on madonna level trust that

Whitney ..sold out 5dates at the london 02... arena's all over australia and europe ...Sorry but currently internationally as a touring act Janet can't touch whitney .

You said if janet's career had gotten better of the last 10years but in actuality ..Janet career has been similar to her peers..i mean none of the above have had any significant chart success if any..or sold as many album like they once did

Yeah, from a four year tour with 700 dates. Madonna made that much from 85 dates.

I didn't do my research on Tina. She's the only other huge exception.

Historically, Janet is a bigger touring act than Whitney, and after the performances she put on during the I Look to You era, I trust that she won't be much of an international touring draw in the future.

Aside from Whitney, they've all been touring consistently for years, and Whitney's tour only did well on comeback hype (btw, her album outsold Discipline by 3 to 1, so your point about sales doesn't hold water). And unlike Celine or Tina, Janet is more reliant on popular success to get a lot of touring support, but it seems that when she's on her game, her tours are more successful than Celine's, at least. You know what I mean?

No, she wasn't. Internationally, Tina has always been the bigger touring act. It's only recently that Madonna surpassed her, and that had more to do with number of dates she played and the amount she charged.

Aren't "amount of dates played and amount of money charged" always how touring acts are measured? :wacko: The fact that Madonna can charge a lot more than Tina and still sell out says enough about how big a draw she is.

Aren't "amount of dates played and amount of money charged" always how touring acts are measured? :wacko: The fact that Madonna can charge a lot more than Tina and still sell out says enough about how big a draw she is.

Yes, RECENTLY...which has been my only point since art became pressed in this thread. lol

Wow you people ruined a great topic to discuss ...smh

well let me debunk some of the lies spilled here

Celine dions s taking chances tour did 132 dates in total..visted every single continent in the world ..and grossed close to $300mill based on reported box score

To say celine only makes money when doing vegas or doing gazzilion shows is not to true...Her average per week in vegas is still more than what Janet makes all over with this tour..and they are basically playing the same threatre venue sizes most times

Also If you include her residence shows overall she has grossed more in tickets sales than any other female artist on earth ...1,billion plus..and this is without inflation

Madonna drowned world tour grossed 75mill ..estimated from all dates...where are some of the delusional 100mill plus figures coming from ...taking that stan making up numbers ishh somewhere else...cos we don't fall for lies here

Tina tuna is a bigger touring act ..well overall at least bitch has been playing to 4million audiences since before most of us were born..madonna still hasn't come close ...The difference is that Tina is not was money greedy and selfish to charge her fans those ridiculous prices ..If she was you would see out of this world grosses..

Even for MJs thisisit shows he could charged any amount..he had the right to and people woulda paid ..but his ticket price were even cheaper than Janets

With whitney ..true she was riding on the comeback wave...she was able to do well internationally..but like you said after her disastrous showing i don't know if she will be able to tour again.

With that said i thought we coulda had a really good discussion about Janet's career in comparison to prince... :rolleyes:

Prince is a serious musician probably enjoys touring, and he writes composes and does the whole bit, so for him I think his audience just respects the musician that he his a genuine true artist, Janet is seen more as a pop singer, for Janet despite her long record, it seems she is only as good as whatever she has current, it's fucked up, in Hollywood they say you're only as good as your last project. Well Janet hasn't had a hit in a long time.

Archived