Why Is Prince A Bigger Star Than Janet

Idrag4mj

Prince is a serious musician probably enjoys touring, and he writes composes and does the whole bit, so for him I think his audience just respects the musician that he his a genuine true artist, Janet is seen more as a pop singer, for Janet despite her long record, it seems she is only as good as whatever she has current, it's fucked up, in Hollywood they say you're only as good as your last project. Well Janet hasn't had a hit in a long time.

So if Janet has a very successful next project she can pull big crowds again ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow you people ruined a great topic to discuss ...smh

well let me debunked some of the lies spilled her

Celine dions s taking chances tour did 132 dates in total..visted every single continent in the world ..and grossed close to $300mill based on reported box score

To say celine only makes money when doing vegas or doing gazzilion shows is not to true...Her average per week in vegas is still more than what Janet makes all over with this tour..and they are basically playing the same threatre venue sizes most times

Also If you include her residence shows overall she has grossed more in tickets sales than any other female artist on earth ...1,billion plus..and this is without inflation

Madonna drowned world tour grossed 75mill ..estimated from all dates...where are some of the delusional 100mill plus figures coming from ...taking that stan making up numbers ishh somewhere else...cos we don't fall for lies here

Tina tuna is a bigger touring act ..well overall at least bitch has been playing to 4million audiences since before most of us were born..madonna still hasn't come close ...The difference is that Tina is not was money greedy and selfish to charge her fans those ridiculous prices ..If she was you would see out of this world grosses..

Even for MJs thisisit shows he could charged any amount..he had the right to and people woulda paid ..but his ticket price were even cheaper than Janets

With whitney ..true she was riding on the comeback wave...she was able to do well internationally..but like you said after her disastrous showing i don't know if she will be able to tour again.

With that said i thought we coulda had a really good discussion about Janet's career in comparison to prince... :rolleyes:

You say that and then proceed to include yourself into the :offtopic: DEBATE??? :unsure:

As a touring artist, Prince is indeed bigger than Janet. In terms of general public perception as icons, they're on the same level in my opinion. I agree with Bailey though. Prince is seen (and rightly so) as a prolific muscian who's live shows can't be rivaled. Janet's tour seem to depend on how well her record is doing at the time. But overall, as a touring artist, she's been very successful. Up until beyonce came on the scene, janet and Tina were the only two black females with massive touring appeal.

Prince pushed artistic boundaries more than any other significant Top 40 artist of the past 30 years. People have a lot of respect for him as a musician and a performer. He's seen as more "real," while the mainstream media treats Janet like a simple pop star.

Sexism plays a big part in it, too. Men are just generally better tour draws. Madonna is a strange exception.

Because janet doesn't play instruments and sing live (fully) during shows with prince its the real deal. He can produce his own music and had the backbone to say fuck the music industry and do his own thing. Not about sexism just about talent Janet is a pop icon but when you compare her to prince she will come up short due to his creative talents... its no shade towards janet but thats just being real about it.

All Im saying is it is a bit of sweeping title 'prince is bigger'. Never has the public or the media made that apparent, so I say I don't get it cause I don't know where u r getting it from. Prince hasn't been a major force since the 80s. Janet has been a major force since the 80s. See the difference.

Princes last CD came free with a tabloid newspaper. Think that says it all.

Some of u talk such shite sometimes then u try to make it out like I'm delusional? Right ok. (rolls eyes)

Because janet doesn't play instruments and sing live (fully) during shows with prince its the real deal. He can produce his own music and had the backbone to say fuck the music industry and do his own thing. Not about sexism just about talent Janet is a pop icon but when you compare her to prince she will come up short due to his creative talents... its no shade towards janet but thats just being real about it.

Good point of view

^^this :filenails:

As a touring artist, Prince is indeed bigger than Janet. In terms of general public perception as icons, they're on the same level in my opinion. I agree with Bailey though. Prince is seen (and rightly so) as a prolific muscian who's live shows can't be rivaled. Janet's tour seem to depend on how well her record is doing at the time. But overall, as a touring artist, she's been very successful. Up until beyonce came on the scene, janet and Tina were the only two black females with massive touring appeal.

I dont even think its that...we have to keep in mind Janet was a touring act that was a MUST SEE,like alot of the big names. The RN tour ALONE put her in that arena. I've ALWAYZ believed had the SB not happened at all...she wouldnt have started having ticket sale issues. She DID lose ppl/interest along the way thats why she's rebuilding her status as a touring act now. The interest didnt just fall to the wayside for nothing...THAT "incident" kinda brought things to a halt.

I dont even think its that...we have to keep in mind Janet was a touring act that was a MUST SEE,like alot of the big names. The RN tour ALONE put her in that arena. I've ALWAYZ believed had the SB not happened at all...she wouldnt have started having ticket sale issues. She DID lose ppl/interest along the way thats why she's rebuilding her status as a touring act now. The interest didnt just fall to the wayside for nothing...THAT "incident" kinda brought things to a halt.

The "incident" certainly played a part. But I didn't want to bring it up, since you think the fans can't get over it. :lol:

If thats not the reason..then what else could it be? Take a stab at it. I'll wait..Mr. "I didn't say I agreed"... :lol:

Because janet doesn't play instruments and sing live (fully) during shows

Irrelevant

with prince its the real deal.

Irrelevant

He can produce his own music and had the backbone to say fuck the music industry and do his own thing.

still doesn't answer anything ... a lot of people cannot do all of these things and are bigger than he is

Not about sexism just about talent Janet is a pop icon but when you compare her to prince she will come up short due to his creative talents...

I think public opinion maybe that Janet does fall short on talent if being compared to Prince ..but thats still not a substantial enough reason as to why he is a bigger draw....Talent doesn't necessarily equate to success ..There are a probably 100 and 1 people that you would say the talents come up short compared to prince's creative talents ..the reason why i used prince as an example instead of elton john..George Michael ..and other is because career wise Janet Jackson has had a bigger career...and was once a bigger concert draw than prince ...so how come her lack of creative talents in comparison to prince didn't come into play then ..like you are assuming it has now

Fact is that if prince holds a concert ...LESS than 10% are thinking about his backbone to say fuck the industry ..his ability to do his own thing or his artistic integrity ..by that logic ...Janelle monae should be the biggest thing right now..because she seems to check all the above ..Yet its not the case ..Or Bjork ..should be filling arena's all over the world.

Its not like Janet was never a bigger draw ..she once was...all over the world.. you could say superbowl happened..but like i stated ...

1. it didn't happen all over the world ..

2. even with Super Bowl her media presence was more than prince's so ..

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

still doesn't answer anything ... a lot of people cannot do all of these things and are bigger than he is

I think public opinion maybe that Janet does fall short on talent if being compared to Prince ..but thats still not a substantial enough reason as to why he is a bigger draw....Talent doesn't necessarily equate to success ..There are a probably 100 and 1 people that you would say the talents come up short compared to prince's creative talents ..the reason why i used prince as an example instead of elton john..George Michael ..and other is because career wise Janet Jackson has had a bigger career...and was once a bigger concert draw than prince ...so how come her lack of creative talents in comparison to prince didn't come into play then ..like you are assuming it has now

Fact is that if prince holds a concert ...LESS than 10% are thinking about his backbone to say fuck the industry ..his ability to do his own thing or his artistic integrity ..by that logic ...Janelle monae should be the biggest thing right now..because she seems to check all the above ..Yet its not the case ..Or Bjork ..should be filling arena's all over the world.

Its not like Janet was never a bigger draw ..she once was...all over the world.. you could say superbowl happened..but like i stated ...

you can explain it and stan all you want for janet I said the real reason already why the general public considers him a bigger star thats reality... Not gonna waste my time arguing over it either u got the answers if you don't like the reality of the situation thats another story. How old are u? If you under 25 u couldn't grasp the impact of prince fully.

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Well one thing is that Prince -I would say..made his "mark" before Janet did. Keep in mind,he came out before Janet. He pretty much stamped his legendary status in the history books once he dropped Purple Rain. Janet didnt make her mark until RN..(some would say later) but that plays a major role into why he may have legendary titles attached to his name moreso than Janet. I dont know if its so much as to him being "bigger than her". Thats just gibberish talk to me.

Archived