Tired of racism...

Bailey

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe me and you are from different backgrounds. I don't see it that way bailey and considering my life revolves almost 90% around white people, I'm just not conditioned to think in terms of colour because i've grown up around a multitude of races. I just think your taking his views abit to personal.

For the most part, I don't either, but in America, race comes up a LOT whether consciously or not. I think it's different for you since you were raised outside of the US.

I get that my clincal instructor was Black, she pulled me to the side and told me "there are not that many of 'us' in this field I want you to get it together" I'm tired Angie, fuck I can't not miss a beat all the fucking time, and neither do they I have seen it.....shit :filenails:

That's not a reason to give up though. If you dwell on it too much, it will consume and defeat you. You just have to stay focused on what the goal is.

For the most part, I don't either, but in America, race comes up a LOT whether consciously or not. I think it's different for you since you were raised outside of the US.

that could be a factor for him....I have to keep my eye on the prize, I'm going to get that degree and these bitches can eat it, I had my clinical instructor confirm ....."yes you are the first Black male here"

That's not a reason to give up though. If you dwell on it too much, it will consume and defeat you. You just have to stay focused on what the goal is.

so I went into the dean's office, female Italian, she don't like me, I'm arrogant and self centered....those are her words, she told me "I don't know how you survived in your world but here it's different, and they are not concerned with you you just think that because you're self centered they have their own problems and so do you" "I just want to see your shiny face here" .....I'm like bitch can I get a shade-o-meter to measure that? :mellow:

so I went into the dean's office, female Italian, she don't like me, I'm arrogant and self centered....those are her words, she told me "I don't know how you survived in your world but here it's different, and they are not concerned with you you just think that because you're self centered they have their own problems and so do you" "I just want to see your shiny face here" .....I'm like bitch can I get a shade-o-meter to measure that? :mellow:

:lol:

To be honest though, she has a point. It is a different game when you get to that level. For the most part, you're just a name, so it's up to you to prove your merit.

To be honest though, she has a point. It is a different game when you get to that level. For the most part, you're just a name, so it's up to you to prove your merit.

brings me back to the topic, I'm tired of injustice....I'm so sick of this shit...and these White bitches want to throw a party celebrating getting thru our first quarter, I'm thinking am I invited? Is it okay a Black man shows up to yo house and you have a White husband I mean I don't fucking know :unsure: We have labs this week, finals, and one of them is giving an enema, why the white instructor ask me, "you never had an enema before" I'm like ---> :unsure: ...I wanted to say so bad, ya'll know I'm gay, BUT I know a lot of guys that have had them :whistle::filenails:

i think you are just overreacting

that's what White folk say, ohhhh it's not about you, you aren't that important, bitch aint I sitting here ? I'm in this muthafucka just like you, there is one white Bitch Nicole, when I talk to her she walks away mid-convo, I be like was we done? was I? was I not speaking bitch...? :filenails: I just wanna beat a white woman's ass.....I'm soryy :filenails:

I never knew until now, being Black and wanting to be moe than baby daddy and really wanting to push it meant, Im gonna go thru some extra shit

oh I agree but I definatly can see that in America it's getting slightly better. I just went back to NC after 6 years and I noticed the difference. Despite it being very segregated, I can see the difference and it's gotten slightly better.

oh I agree but I definatly can see that in America it's getting slightly better. I just went back to NC after 6 years and I noticed the difference. Despite it being very segregated, I can see the difference and it's gotten slightly better.

In some parts I just did the google search, Michigan, where I am is the most segregated in the nation :filenails: it don't matter though everybody leaving this shitty muthafucka

brings me back to the topic, I'm tired of injustice....I'm so sick of this shit...and these White bitches want to throw a party celebrating getting thru our first quarter, I'm thinking am I invited? Is it okay a Black man shows up to yo house and you have a White husband I mean I don't fucking know :unsure: We have labs this week, finals, and one of them is giving an enema, why the white instructor ask me, "you never had an enema before" I'm like ---> :unsure: ...I wanted to say so bad, ya'll know I'm gay, BUT I know a lot of guys that have had them :whistle::filenails:

WOW ... that shouldne't even be an issue. That's crazy .... I remember my friend from Florida SHOCKED and I mean SHOCKED that my two room mates were both white females. It was weird to him because i'm black :unsure:

I think you're seeing your world in ONLY color since you're the only Black one there. You're focusing too much on it :lol: I've spent the majority of my academic life either being the only black person, or just one of a handful, and while there will be awkward moments of race, you move past it. I think you're worrying too much about it :lol:

BLATIN you was here, I was waiting for a real man to come keep it real relate to a bruthas struggles but no you aint said nay word, Miami got ya tongue boo? Wait til I meet you and trust I will...and yes to answer yo question....I'm drinking :filenails:

It is getting better in some regards, but it really does rear its ugly head when it comes to our president. I will say that I haven't noticed people be THIS passionate about politics until we elected a president who identifies himself as Black :lol:

And then we have our instances of that dumbass church outlawing interracial couples, or the dumbass Black student who is proud to hang up his Confederate flag :mellow:

It is getting better in some regards, but it really does rear its ugly head when it comes to our president. I will say that I haven't noticed people be THIS passionate about politics until we elected a president who identifies himself as Black :lol:

And then we have our instances of that dumbass church outlawing interracial couples, or the dumbass Black student who is proud to hang up his Confederate flag :mellow:

actually I see people not giving a fuck about politics because Congress so divided we can't get shit passed. They don't give a fuck, it's tight out here hon-tay folks concerned about where they meals coming from :filenails:

exactly ... and that has NOTHING to do with him being black

oh yea it does, I'ma speak mine damn this, they think cause you a nigga you don't know shit, even though you with them, passed the same shit, I see it all the fucking time race matters, all the time, they changed the clinical groups up, so some people are new to my group I still have the same Black female instructor I had folks that have never said a word to me come up to me and ask how is she? I'm like hold the fuck up and yo name is? :unsure: Then when I tell them what's up they act like "nigga hush you not telling me a thing I don't know " :wtf:

lmao ... don't get me wrong. I'm aware of racial issues and I understand the bullshit that blacks face. Things just need to turn around. Also, even though in Britain it's not so much an issue, there are some racist ass people here.

lmao ... don't get me wrong. I'm aware of racial issues and I understand the bullshit that blacks face. Things just need to turn around. Also, even though in Britain it's not so much an issue, there are some racist ass people here.

oh they just need to turn around :whistle:

Archived