Tired of racism...

Bailey

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's truly sad that people here don't know to properly debate and leave it at that. Everyone wants to be a keyboard warrior at the risk of their membership. It's beyond tired at this point---- Angie

There's really nothing to debate with from your initial post. It's clear that the issue you have is with their preference. As far as the Facebook thing, Game's right. You can't go by someone's friend's list to see if they're racist or not since it's not accurate, because 1) Facebook isn't an exact reflection of someone's life, and 2) not everyone uses Facebook (and/or other social websites). And saying someone's racist because he/she doesn't have a friend/associate of a different race is a stretch, because not everyone's personalities are going to mix. Plus you don't know who they're around on a daily basis. I don't have an Asian friend, so am I racist against Asians? Nope...just never been around any. Basically there's no racism going on, so there won't be a proper debate.

There's really nothing to debate with from your initial post. It's clear that the issue you have is with their preference. As far as the Facebook thing, Game's right. You can't go by someone's friend's list to see if they're racist or not since it's not accurate, because 1) Facebook isn't an exact reflection of someone's life, and 2) not everyone uses Facebook (and/or other social websites). And saying someone's racist because he/she doesn't have a friend/associate of a different race is a stretch, because not everyone's personalities are going to mix. Plus you don't know who they're around on a daily basis. I don't have an Asian friend, so am I racist against Asians? Nope...just never been around any. Basically there's no racism going on, so there won't be a proper debate.

ok

If you agree then by all means explain

^^^^^

I get that my clincal instructor was Black, she pulled me to the side and told me "there are not that many of 'us' in this field I want you to get it together" I'm tired Angie, fuck I can't not miss a beat all the fucking time, and neither do they I have seen it.....shit :filenails:

I get that all the time in my city while i'm at work I get blacks quietly saying "Stay at this job as long as you can cause there ain't many of us around here in the first place"

that boy :mellow:

*asshole opens slowly and gracefully like a stage curtain*

so damn nasty :lol:

we can't talk because you're not being serious and someone with a bone up their ass is just giving you plus points to do spite me.

Are you okay? You're getting VERY defensive. Game was given points by me because I agree with EVERY SINGLE word that he typed. What do I need to be spiteful towards you for? Im not a child nor childish.

What kind of cities do y'all live in? :blink::lmao:

Don't make me pull out a fuckin' chart with percentages cause you know i'll do that shit :mellow: I know if I lived in Oakland or SF i'd never hear anything like that but in my city oh yes and it's sad cause my city got over 200,000 people.

Are you okay? You're getting VERY defensive. Game was given points by me because I agree with EVERY SINGLE word that he typed. What do I need to be spiteful towards you for? Im not a child nor childish.

No I get it and you made your point.

Don't make me pull out a fuckin' chart with percentages cause you know i'll do that shit :mellow: I know if I lived in Oakland or SF i'd never hear anything like that but in my city oh yes and it's sad cause my city got over 200,000 people.

No..I seriously wanted to know where you lived. I knew you lived in Cali but wasnt sure of the city.

well I just left the whole topic because I am the type that if I'm wrong on something I'm willing to own up to it, and these folks here say there is no fire, for me where I am in Michigan, it's tough because you don't see that many people of color in high positions it just doesn't happen.

I think the term "chocolate" is the problem with the original post. It's not really an offensive term, but when you use it to refer to a person you're not attracted to it objectifies them and almost sounds like they're being made fun of.

As for preference, that's fair enough, we like what we like. But nobody is looking to be "tolerated". You tolerate a screaming baby on a plane. You tolerate a traffic jam. You don't tolerate a race of people.

I think the term "chocolate" is the problem with the original post. It's not really an offensive term, but when you use it to refer to a person you're not attracted to it objectifies them and almost sounds like they're being made fun of.

As for preference, that's fair enough, we like what we like. But nobody is looking to be "tolerated". You tolerate a screaming baby on a plane. You tolerate a traffic jam. You don't tolerate a race of people.

thank you.....it's certain things I pick up on and I guess my tongue aint that sharp, but "tolerate" "chocolate" like I said I'm a damn flavor?

Bailey, just remember that you are there for you. It doesn't matter one iota what peoples preferences are in terms of you getting your degree.

Work hard, lay low, and don't worry about what anyone else says, thinks, or does. They aren't your future, but this course is, and you have too much to do to be getting caught up with or upset by things that inthe grand scheme don't matter.

Bailey, just remember that you are there for you. It doesn't matter one iota what peoples preferences are in terms of you getting your degree.

Work hard, lay low, and don't worry about what anyone else says, thinks, or does. They aren't your future, but this course is, and you have too much to do to be getting caught up with or upset by things that inthe grand scheme don't matter.

I wanna have sex with you but I think dinner and some convo would be really good I would just love to hear you talk and that's a huge compliment from me cause I really don't listen to too many people :filenails:

I wanna have sex with you but I think dinner and some convo would be really good I would just love to hear you talk and that's a huge compliment from me cause I really don't listen to too many people :filenails:

I can talk during sex, I've done that before lol

Archived