Billboard Names Top 25 Tours of 2011

Escapade

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usher wins ..... end

I don't understand the desperate plea to make Usher second fiddle to JT, especially if JT isn't playing the game. One can't exactly state Justin is the hottest male in the game if he's not recording right now. At the end of the day, Usher's tour was very successful, signaling him to be to still be a major draw.

I don't understand the desperate plea to make Usher second fiddle to JT, especially if JT isn't playing the game. One can't exactly state Justin is the hottest male in the game if he's not recording right now. At the end of the day, Usher's tour was very successful, signaling him to be to still be a major draw.

I think it was reported that JT was recording and that the album might be out next year.

NONE of Usher's previous tours have grossed 125 mill is the POINT. We're not just talking about this last one.

MY GOD WILL YOU PPL PLEASE READ? Is it that hard? I know y'all want Usher to win so bad but damn.

Still, None of Usher's tours have 100+ dates. So it's STILL an unfair comparsing :wacko:

Didn't you say if TLC released more albums then they would've surpassed DC? Isn't this along the same lines?

You're twisting what me and Austin's debate was about.

Understand, I wasn't debating SALES I was debating the level of popularity of both at their peaks. The SALES talk ONLY came in to support my stance on just because DC ended up selling 2 mill more than TLC overall DOES NOT mean they were more POPULAR because when you match them album for album TLC won 3..while DC won only ONE.I didnt say DC didn't sell more OVERALL. The argument was about popularity and status.DC CANT be more popular when they didn't have the best selling album of the two let alone...only outselling TLC on their 4th release.

Dissect the difference in these arguments.

Still, None of Usher's tours have 100+ dates. So it's STILL an unfair comparsing :wacko:

Fanka. :mellow: We do it on here ALL THE TIME. Just like certain artists have sold more than Janet with more releases but we accept WHATEVER the results are. We dont say.. "Well Mariah outsold Whitney only because she's had more releases." Hell,if thats the case then the industry and award shows is being unfair. We praise those who have sold MORE and care less about how many releases they had to get there. Its been like that since the beginning of time. We might as well not even have a top 25 tour grossing list because NO ACT is gonna do the exact amount of dates.So its UNFAIR to even have a list,right? But thats not how the industry sees it and that why there it a such thing as a TOP 25 TOURS LIST.

Fanka. :mellow: We do it on here ALL THE TIME. Just like certain artists have sold more than Janet with more releases but we accept WHATEVER the results are. We dont say.. "Well Mariah outsold Whitney only because she's had more releases." Hell,if thats the case then the industry and award shows is being unfair. We praise those who have sold MORE and care less about how many releases they had to get there. Its been like that since the beginning of time. We might as well not even have a top 25 tour grossing list because NO ACT is gonna do the exact amount of dates.So its UNFAIR to even have a list,right? But thats not how the industry sees it and that why there it a such thing as a TOP 25 TOURS LIST.

We? I dont. :lol: I'll take into account what pollstar said his tour grossed overall b/c they take all of his 92 dates. & thats honestly a fair comparison, imo.

Archived