Billboard Names Top 25 Tours of 2011

Escapade

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the hell is Take That, and how did they make that much with only 29 shows, all sold out?!?!

They're one of the UKs biggest boy groups. A former member (Robbie Williams) re-joined last year for a one off tour hence why they all sold out (and they did stadiums). It was like the Spice Girls re-uniting with Geri tbh. I don't know how popular they were outside of the UK but they're a huge deal here.

They're one of the UKs biggest boy groups. A former member (Robbie Williams) re-joined last year for a one off tour hence why they all sold out (and they did stadiums). It was like the Spice Girls re-uniting with Geri tbh. I don't know how popular they were outside of the UK but they're a huge deal here.

Their big in Asia and Australia also. Take That used to make good music back in the 90's. They're a good group. Much better than alot of the bullshit that came out after them

Grossing 37 million from 39 reported dates is NOT bad. Can you do math? :mellow:

The reason Katy's gross is so low is b/c her ticket prices were all under 50 dollars.

She did just OKAY. Let's not act like it was incredible.

Well duh. Its still horrible for someone who they swear had a MAJOR year.

Some people on this board talk so much shit. Look at Ushers stats and try and tell me he isn't relevent anymore. How Dayz and other people can say he isn't shit anymore is beyond me. Usher had the majority of his tour outside the US but he's still going strong. The US is the primary market, but some people are so phased that it's the only market that makes anyone successful which is absolute bollocks.

WTF are you talking about? If you would have read back then WITHOUT still being butt hurt you would have seen no one denied his current tour success. Art and I stated that he STILL hasnt had a tour to gross as much as JT. Which IS a fact. Simply DEAL. Ya'll act like Usher just did something that's nver been seen before. FUCK OUTTA HERE! :lmao: Musically,he IS irrelevant. His music is NOT selling what it use to. He's not a force SALESWISE is what was said. Learn to fuckin comprehend before you try to address the issue. You muthafukaz kill me. So quick to clap da fuck back while failing to read wtf was said in the first place.

AND lest we forget his last tour (before this one) was set to be played in venues smaller than coffee shops and the tour got canceled due to VERY POOR ass ticket sales. Therefore lets not act like his career has been SOLID w/o a flaw because thats complete BULLSHIT and LAUGHABLE.

SIT THE FUCK DOWN BOY.

Usher is not a force. :lmao: Well let me take that back...he's just an R&B force. His last era produced an album that's barely over 2 million ww (a lil over a million stateside), and 2 of his 10 singles hit the top 5 on the Hot 100 (1 #1, another hit #4 and the next highest charting single is at #15...he had more R&B hits). And the only reason the new song is doing good is because it's a David Guetta song

WTF are you talking about? If you would have read back then WITHOUT still being butt hurt you would have seen no one denied his current tour success. Art and I stated that he STILL hasnt had a tour to gross as much as JT. Which IS a fact. Simply DEAL. Ya'll act like Usher just did something that's nver been seen before. FUCK OUTTA HERE! :lmao: Musically,he IS irrelevant. His music is NOT selling what it use to. He's not a force SALESWISE is what was said. Learn to fuckin comprehend before you try to address the issue. You muthafukaz kill me. So quick to clap da fuck back while failing to read wtf was said in the first place.

AND lest we forget his last tour (before this one) was set to be played in venues smaller than coffee shops and the tour got canceled due to VERY POOR ass ticket sales. Therefore lets not act like his career has been SOLID w/o a flaw because thats complete BULLSHIT and LAUGHABLE.

SIT THE FUCK DOWN BOY.

I can comprehend, fuck you very much and I know exactly wtf was said in that thread. You were acting like Ushers stats were complete bullshit and his shit was irrelevent compared to Jack ass JT. How the hell is Usher musically irrelevant ? What artist in the history of music doesn't flop at one point. Your so dumb. JT has 2 successful albums and you think his ass is GOD :mellow: Most major artist have two good first albums. You think JT won't flop in the future ? Usher comes back and is pulling in on average a milli a show ... nigga are you stupid or something ?

Usher is not a force. :lmao: Well let me take that back...he's just an R&B force. His last era produced an album that's barely over 2 million ww (a lil over a million stateside), and 2 of his 10 singles hit the top 5 on the Hot 100 (1 #1, another hit #4 and the next highest charting single is at #15...he had more R&B hits). And the only reason the new song is doing good is because it's a David Guetta song

Meh, at least in the US, the only other major hit David Guetta has was with Flo Rida, who usually has hits with his pop-rap. I think Usher's name still sells, even if it's not with R&B atm.

At least Usher is relevant enough to have more than one successful solo tour. Consistency > Peak.

I would say he should be a touring act, but like Dayz said his last tour was canceled with smaller venues and very cheap tickets. He just gotta get his sex appeal back, because he looks like an old man trying to keep up with Chris Brown's dancing.

I would say he should be a touring act, but like Dayz said his last tour was canceled with smaller venues and very cheap tickets. He just gotta get his sex appeal back, because he looks like an old man trying to keep up with Chris Brown's dancing.

How is that even relevant anymore when he's just out done himself on a major scale .... the whole marketing scheme of that small venue tour didn't help either. He eliminated half the worlds population from coming. Men. He was asking for problems.

How is that even relevant anymore when he's just out done himself on a major scale .... the whole marketing scheme of that small venue tour didn't help either. He eliminated half the worlds population from coming. Men. He was asking for problems.

It's relevant because Austin was talking about consistency and I said "he should be a touring act, but..."

Well see, because the song with Nicki is doing good and it's being released to radio Tuesday.

Fair Enough. I forgot a song with Akon was a hit too but even with that, he's not exactly a hot tamale though he's making music of the moment.

Fair Enough. I forgot a song with Akon was a hit too but even with that, he's not exactly a hot tamale though he's making music of the moment.

He'll probably get there soon since folks here are viewing him more as a producer than a DJ. He'll get a platinum album probably with his next release.

Gerl, he's not even a R&B force.

He's somewhat of a touring act. Although parts of his last tour were axed, he has established himself as a performer who people are willing to pay money to see. And I think that last tour was a ladies only bullshit, so that's probably why it was axed.

Archived