Getting On It.....if you're trying to get into shape POST YA Story

Bailey

Lord this whole thread is a hot mess.....

When cooking you should try to make your dish as organic as possible, so it is like medicine, try to avoid using sauces or frying things, the food should flavor itself and if you wanna avoid sauces use some spices. The more things you eat, the more optimum your overall health will be, it's something all people should do anyway. There are things that will affect your body more than others.

things you can focus on are

eggs, fish, turkey, organic beef

(there are hormones in most meat that can affect how your body will act, it can drag you down, one thing to remember about grocery store food, is that since they try to feed everyone from one place they will use methods to cheat, to get more for less, which affects the health of your meats and your veggies, or your fruits, if you can find someone with a home garden, or homegrown food, ask if they will share, you will find that when you eat out of organic gardens you will feel much more nourished, than if you eat something from the store, vegitables you get from the store actually have a lower concentrate of your vitamins and stuff that they should have).

A variety of veggies and fruits..

I came to the conclusion a while back to keep canned veggies and fruits of many types, some canned tuna and stuff, frozen veggies and fruits and meats, and some fresh veggies and fruits in your fridge. That way you always have a variety of foods to go cook with. Multivitamins will help you think strait, I don't over do it with the multivitamins, maybe once or twice a week for me.

I had to take a nutrition class. Your body is made mainly of chemicals which is how it functions, the chemicals are mainly made of little metal scraps (vitamins and minerals) which carry electricity, that goes from one little scrap to another. That's how your brain works, if you do drugs, than what happens is you get too much electrical firings in your brain which will make your neuro connections burn out and you can't connect to that form of thought, so if you get exposed to drugs, and you care about your health, don't do it and know those people are going to be really stupid after time passes and their brain is fried.

if you get rice, seaweed, and some fish, carrots, and avocado you can make sushi, it's very easy, and can be cheap, you need boton rice, sticky rice, in the oriental section, it costs some to get started, but once you have your rice and basics, it's pennys on the dollar to make your own sushi

stay away from frying foods

one of my friends, he makes fruit smoothies in the blender every morning which he puts vitamin powder, some regular juice, a bananna, some kiwi and stuff, it's really good if you want instructions

you can make egg sandwiches, you can make bagle sandwiches with some egg and some bacon or something and some cheese,

you can have huevos rancheros which is eggs cooked sunny side up with some salsa

FISH: baked fish, like salmon, or bass, is really good with a side salad, and maybe an apple or something

I like to take fruit and cut up like 3 kinds of fruits and make a fruit salad and like apples, and bannana and maybe some grapes or orange slice, bite size cut up, with some cinnamon is really good

given a choice between white or wheat always choose wheat, or oat bread, white bread is starchy and is just crap food, it's like eating chips, not gonna do anything for you

you can make fish and chips, get some vinager and put it on fish sticks or breaded fish that is similar and make some french fries,

don't eat food that is appearantly fake like chef boyardee, or taco bell (even though I love taco bell :excited:) , that's not real meat

stay away from microwave food, microwaves are like introducing your food to an atomic bomb and eating poison, those foods were created during world war II canned foods and frozen dinners, because the women had to start working and weren't able to cook dinner much, it's very bad for you, they have to put chemicals to make it stay edible, if you get a cheap microwave dinner with a brownie in it, look at that brownie, microwave it and see how it turns into a brownie and than think about how it must have done that, that's not food...

if you have any preferences or anything you wanna learn, anything you wanna find out how to make based on how your family buys food, lemme kno, I will help you learn,

learn about seasonal foods, look that up on wiki

also consider your ethnicity, if you are white, black, native american, or asian, every ethnicity cooks different things based on what their body needs, like for me as a black person, a lot of food that is available makes me sick very tired (fried foods, neck bones, grease, ect). don't be afraid to tell your family, get them cooking new things, and get them involved in teaching you cooking, it's a vital skill for you to learn for your life so you're not a looser when your on your own

hope that helps some

your main focus should be having the chemicals you need in your body to function at optimum ability

the food we eat is so bad for us in what's just available, that people my age are experiencing fatigue, which is when you are really tired for no reason, and that is something old people are supposed to experience, that is a very new thing, and a bad sign, especially when reflected on America's Food and Drug Administration - FDA

sandwiches, and pizza are both good for you because they include a variety of foods on them and are cheap and easy, with pizza though, avoid grease, that will give you fatigue, some of the meats on pizza will exude grease when cooked, like pepperoni

I did good today, I want the next few weeks to be me losing the weight in areas I don't want it, I know cardio is a must, and I think I'm going to go kinda extreme on my diet, I think a protein and veggies is fine I don't want the carb's anymore

I did good today, I want the next few weeks to be me losing the weight in areas I don't want it, I know cardio is a must, and I think I'm going to go kinda extreme on my diet, I think a protein and veggies is fine I don't want the carb's anymore

I'm NOT tryna be funny.. exactly how overweight do you think you are?

and another thing when you cook your vegetables dont over cook them. they shouldn't be soft, they should still be firm.

Boil your water, add a little butter. drop the vegies in the pot and then turn the heat off. cover with the lid and let the steam do the work.

To keep the green look with a crunch you boil the veggies for a couple mins then blanch them in ice cold water..

well I calculated my BMI and I am at 25.6 which is in the lower end of overweight I could stand to lose maybe 20 lbs not much more than that

BMI Categories:

Underweight = <18.5

Normal weight = 18.5–24.9

Overweight = 25–29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I used to drink a lot, now I havent drank in months, and I have lost weight that way, I was used to drinking about a pint of Svedka vodka a day, now I never drink and I eat very healthy, I realize being healthy is a lifestyle, it's not about losing weight to look good or getting muscular for sex, it's about more, it's taking care of yourself, loving yourself, I thank Janet Jackson for that, she showed us that being healthy and working out sucks but you do it to take care of yourself, and I'm sure she is happier when she is fit and feels better about herself. I want a flat stomach again

well I calculated my BMI and I am at 25.6 which is in the lower end of overweight I could stand to lose maybe 20 lbs not much more than that

BMI Categories:

Underweight = <18.5

Normal weight = 18.5–24.9

Overweight = 25–29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

and whats your height?

Depending I wouldn't go too drastic. you would be better off to lose only 10 lbs and then turn the remaining 10 into muscle weight. heavier dumbbells, less reps. I'm not sure if you plan to work out though, are u just dieting?

okay today's one meal was the usual, I had grilled salmon, I cooked it a bit too long I wanted a nice crisp outter crust, but I dried it out a lil, it was still good, I learned that it does not take long to cook fish of course, so better watch it next time. I cooked quinoa, something I have never had until today, it's cooked like rice, but it has a lot more nutritional value, it has a nutty flavor and a slightly crunchy texture, overall I liked it, plus I like trying new things. I took some carrots, zucchini, squash and steamed them. So dinner wasn't bad, drinking nothing but water too. I have P90x videos which I am about to watch going to bed. Here's to staying on it for all of us trying to better ourselves :thumbup:

Right now...

Squash

Rice w/ Cream Of Mushroom Sauce

Steamed Green Beans

Steamed Spinach

Baked Veal topped with Onions & Garlic

Whole Boiled Potatoes

it's not bad but I would have had either the rice or potatoes not both. That's a lot of starch.

and whats your height?

Depending I wouldn't go too drastic. you would be better off to lose only 10 lbs and then turn the remaining 10 into muscle weight. heavier dumbbells, less reps. I'm not sure if you plan to work out though, are u just dieting?

im 6'1, no I want to workout too I don't think I would have a nice lean tone body by diet alone I would end up just thin, I don't think thin works for Black men they kinda expect us to be muscle Gods in the gym, I don't want all that but I do want to feel confident taking my clothes off

Right now...

Squash

Rice w/ Cream Of Mushroom Sauce

Steamed Green Beans

Steamed Spinach

Baked Veal topped with Onions & Garlic

Whole Boiled Potatoes

Cream of Mushroom Sauce

Good points

No cholesterol

Bad points

Very high in sodium