Getting On It.....if you're trying to get into shape POST YA Story

Bailey

Sooooooo, this thread has been an interesting read! I wish I knew about it earlier lol. I love how Janet can bring us all together to work on our bodies and our health. Yet another reason why I love her. I have since lost around 46 pounds. I'm loving the compliments from everyone. With the weight loss and the constant hair changes, people barely recognize me, even though I'm used to being invisible. I was looking at pictures from myself a year ago, wondering why did I ever let myself balloon. I had no self control when it came to eating. Food addiction is an uphill battle, I had to COMPLETELY revamp my mindset and how I thought about food. I fell off a little but now I think I'm back on track. 46 lbs lost, 15 more to go!  :cheers:

• Upvote 2

Sooooooo, this thread has been an interesting read! I wish I knew about it earlier lol. I love how Janet can bring us all together to work on our bodies and our health. Yet another reason why I love her. I have since lost around 46 pounds. I'm loving the compliments from everyone. With the weight loss and the constant hair changes, people barely recognize me, even though I'm used to being invisible. I was looking at pictures from myself a year ago, wondering why did I ever let myself balloon. I had no self control when it came to eating. Food addiction is an uphill battle, I had to COMPLETELY revamp my mindset and how I thought about food. I fell off a little but now I think I'm back on track. 46 lbs lost, 15 more to go! :cheers:

I fell off a bit recently but I'm not too discouraged. I know real change takes time.

I already started to embrace my rolls -_- 

How yall find motivation and dont get bored after 5 mins of working out -_-

It's tough, but music (on my iPod) and stand-up (on Pandora) keep me going during the workout. It keeps me entertained. :lol: When I get home, I pull my favorite dress (a black silk evening gown) out of my closet and try it on. It still doesn't really fit yet, but it fits much better than it did last year. Seeing my body slowly but surely change to be able to fit this dress (and in my mind, applies to others like it) the way I want keeps me working. I want to be able to fill out that gown with my curves the way I picture in my mind. 

It's tough, but music (on my iPod) and stand-up (on Pandora) keep me going during the workout. It keeps me entertained. :lol: When I get home, I pull my favorite dress (a black silk evening gown) out of my closet and try it on. It still doesn't really fit yet, but it fits much better than it did last year. Seeing my body slowly but surely change to be able to fit this dress (and in my mind, applies to others like it) the way I want keeps me working. I want to be able to fill out that gown with my curves the way I picture in my mind. 

Oh wow nice :o that's actually an amazing plan :wub:

I just get sooooooooooooooooo bored after the first 2 sit ups, not even music helps really <_< I think that im one of those persons who needs a friend or someone to work out with -_-

• Upvote 1

I just get sooooooooooooooooo bored after the first 2 sit ups, not even music helps really <_< I think that im one of those persons who needs a friend or someone to work out with -_-

:lol: Thank ya much :blush:

I understand. Most people start out that way. :lol: Do you have anyone willing to workout with you? You don't have to be close. Just someone in roughly the same position you're in who's willing to go and mutually motivate. ^_^

Also, try another workout. Try the stationary bike, Zumba, treadmill, lifting, etc. I know I'm not a runner so I avoid the treadmill like the plague. You just have to find what works for you, a workout that won't make you bored in 5 minutes.

Does anyone have any advice on controlling sugar cravings?  Mine have been out of control for the last few months and eating too much sugar causes visceral fat problems, despite how much exercise I do.  It drives me nuts (usually chocolate or yogurt coated ones) :(

:lol: Thank ya much :blush:

I understand. Most people start out that way. :lol: Do you have anyone willing to workout with you? You don't have to be close. Just someone in roughly the same position you're in who's willing to go and mutually motivate. ^_^

Na :lol: I do have ppl who go to the gym but they live far from me. And i really can't see myself working out at the gym <_<

Make a kick ass playlist with fun and up beat songs! Imagine your self in the club dancing to these songs, with your new kick ass body LOL

LMAO... I get focused on the music and forget everything else :lol:

Also, try another workout. Try the stationary bike, Zumba, treadmill, lifting, etc. I know I'm not a runner so I avoid the treadmill like the plague. You just have to find what works for you, a workout that won't make you bored in 5 minutes.

Oh hell naw... My ass will never touch ZUMBA. I gotta say that im way too snobish for that ish -_- . I have friends who do it, they invite me and im like what?! Do YOU know me? <_< 

It's kinda stupid i have a hard time trying to do it but i LOVE the sore feeling you get the day after  :ph34r:

You know that reminds me I been meaning to take my True You thread ....there  :ph34r:

The shocking part of it all is you not taking it there YET :lol:

Na :lol: I do have ppl who go to the gym but they live far from me. And i really can't see myself working out at the gym <_<

Why can't you see yourself working out at the gym? If it's the people, I wouldn't worry about that. Most of time everyone is so focused on what they're doing themselves that they ignore everyone else. That's the case at my gym at least. :lol: The main thing you need now is motivation from what I can tell. Do you really want to get into shape for some reason or another or is it just something you feel like you should do?

Why can't you see yourself working out at the gym? If it's the people, I wouldn't worry about that. Most of time everyone is so focused on what they're doing themselves that they ignore everyone else. That's the case at my gym at least. :lol: The main thing you need now is motivation from what I can tell. Do you really want to get into shape for some reason or another or is it just something you feel like you should do?

I dont know, it sounds really weird and boring :lol: I dont like to be surrounded by ppl so that might be a reason why as well. It's something i'd like to do for myself yesh -_-