Lady Gaga Pulling a Rihanna?!?!

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

It's so weird that Rihanna gets you THIS bothered, like she did something to you personally. And on top of that you have to call her a flop & all this other wrong shit because you cant deal with the fact that she's out here breaking records left right & center. And if you care so much about album sales EVERYBODY that released albums and didnt sell that many is a "flop". So its irrelevant.

(who had the longest song @ #1 in 2011? & Who had the 2nd biggest selling album of 2011?)

The fact that adele sold that much, 15 million, proves that it is still possible to sell lits of albums...so why havent gaga and rihanna? Combined with the hype they get, the apparent adulation from 'fans', their single success...they SHOULD be able to achieve adele no.s, but they havent so they are flops and overhyped. Dont give me that crap about them being singles artists, cause adeles 'rolling in the deep' was one of the biggest selling singles of the year. That didnt affect her album sales.

The truth is, these gaga/rihanba types are hyped up entities in one demographic, the loudest, the youth. Adele, like janet, mariah, celine, whitney were big cause they hit several demographics. Thats where they are different abd why they are real artists. Gaga/rihanba are not important in the context of all public interest.

You just answered your own question. Gaga and Rihanna don't appeal to the variety of people and ages Adele does. The bigger question is why that puts such a bug up your ass? Nevertheless, comparing ANYBODY's sales to Adele's in 2011 and wondering "how come?" is straight up stupid, so come back to me when you have a clue, or at least a grip on reality. Thanks.

And if you care so much about album sales EVERYBODY that released albums and didnt sell that many is a "flop". So its irrelevant.

Wrong, cause not everyone got the hype, column inches etc that they got.

My point is if they are so great, with that hype they should be up there with adele or even outselling her.

If u actually consider it, they are underperforming.

U need to understand that rihanna and gaga are not the biggest on the planet (and all that other bull i hear). They are the biggest with their demographic, but u need to realise that that demographic, although loud, when it comes to the overall potential demographics that cam be reached, the youth is very small.

Something the divas of the 90s achieved and adele achieved is they attracted several demographics. Therefore they are bigger. They are REAL big. They are the REAL hype for the masses. Generally many couldnt care less about gaga and rihanna. And generally im tired of hearing a few delusional folk make out like everyone cares about them when they dont.

You make a point, but 2012 looks more 1965 than the 1995 by far, so artist rather rely more on singles success than album success. Plus I think it's pretty usual outside the US, where industries are healthier.

I disagree... 2012 seems like 2012... In the 1900s... U needed talent to succeed

Archived