Lady Gaga Pulling a Rihanna?!?!

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

:sigh:

http://uk.news.yahoo...-125250747.html

Lady Gaga has confirmed she is planning to release a new album this year.

The Poker Face singer - who racked up a host of awards for her first two solo albums, The Fame and Born This Way - said she was "looking forward" to unveiling her latest offering, reports MTV.

During a chat with The Insider, the 25-year-old also revealed she is planning to head out on tour again.

Gaga said: "I just want to keep going. I'm not as goal-obsessed as I am process-obsessed. I just want to keep writing music. I'm looking forward to putting out another album and going on tour."

The Bad Romance singer added that she feels "very blessed" to be able to make a living doing what she loves.

Last month Gaga - who is currently dating The Vampire Diaries star Taylor Kinney - told MTV she already knew the title of her next record.

"I've started writing it and I have the name for it and all the concepts are beginning to flourish and take place," she said.

Why pulling a Rihanna? Why not a "Aretha" or "Jackson5" or "Diana"? They all released back to back albums too, it used to be normal. Hell didnt Gaga already do that with The Fame & The Fame Monster?

Barbra used to release two albums a year. :asham:

I think the thing is that today's artists are in your face constantly when they promote, so you get tired of an era, and them generally, really fast.

I think the thing is that today's artists are in your face constantly when they promote, so you get tired of an era, and them generally, really fast.

Yea I honestly wish people today would do that more. Hell they used to release like 2-3 singles from 1 album (of under 10 songs) then come back like 6-8 months later with a brand new one and do it again & again. I feel like that really stopped for everybody in the 80s.

yea, Donna did to from 74 till 80

good on one hand cause they didn't milk the albums to the last single possible, but bad cause sales for those albums could have been double or more

She had better... she made some flop decisions this era and she betta learn from them :filenails:

Isn't Vince (Tamar's husband from "Braxton Family Values") her manager...at least that's what Tamar is ALWAYS going on about on the show ( :sigh: ). If he is, I have a feeling Gaga is going to replace him soon. -_-:lol: :lol:

Why pulling a Rihanna? Why not a "Aretha" or "Jackson5" or "Diana"? They all released back to back albums too, it used to be normal. Hell didnt Gaga already do that with The Fame & The Fame Monster?

Cuz it's 2012... Not 1965... Those other artists u mentioned aren't relevant and haven't been for the past 30 years...

Fame Monster is an EP... And was released a year after Fame

Does it really matter that he used Ninehead in the title?

---------

Anyways, I hope the album is at least better than the last. I found myself singing "Marry the Night" the other day, and I swear I only listened to the song once (the day I downloaded and deleted it).

Cuz it's 2012... Not 1965... Those other artists u mentioned aren't relevant and haven't been for the past 30 years...

Fame Monster is an EP... And was released a year after Fame

You make a point, but 2012 looks more 1965 than the 1995 by far, so artist rather rely more on singles success than album success. Plus I think it's pretty usual outside the US, where industries are healthier.

Unlike Rihanna Gaga is an artist. She writes her music and lyrics and melodies. Of course she wants to keep creating.

Annnd? I mean still its not a Rihanna thing, Britney did it too for her 1st 3 albums, then for Blackout & Circus. And if its to be named after anyone who does it more than anybody else this generation its mariah, who's had a album out every year in the 90's (except 96), and then 01-02, then 08-09-10. Being a "puppet" has nothing to do with that, almost every popular singer in the 60's-70's by todays standards be considered that, hell look at Whitney, so it really dont make any difference to me, either you make good music or you dont, and Born this way was good but she can do better, so its a smart move.

Lord at some of the comments about gaga and rihanna. Lol funny, especially the 'gagas a true artist' comment. U had me rofl.

How about we just conclude they BOTH suck.

Sick of hearing about these two. They arent even interesting. Everyone is delusionally caught up in them. They having nothing of talent. They werent even born pretty.

She had better... she made some flop decisions this era and she betta learn from them :filenails:

Agreed.

Cuz it's 2012... Not 1965...

:asham:

BORN THIS WAY cd was a commerical FLOP

:yep: that's why she's rushing 2 do a new album :coffee:

It was one of the best-selling albums of 2011. In fact, second only to Adele. :umm:

Sick of hearing about these two. They arent even interesting. Everyone is delusionally caught up in them. They having nothing of talent. They werent even born pretty.

You are so fucking bitter. :lol:

If either of them sold as much as Adele you'd have an aneurysm. Bitter will do for now.

The fact that adele sold that much, 15 million, proves that it is still possible to sell lits of albums...so why havent gaga and rihanna? Combined with the hype they get, the apparent adulation from 'fans', their single success...they SHOULD be able to achieve adele no.s, but they havent so they are flops and overhyped. Dont give me that crap about them being singles artists, cause adeles 'rolling in the deep' was one of the biggest selling singles of the year. That didnt affect her album sales.

The truth is, these gaga/rihanba types are hyped up entities in one demographic, the loudest, the youth. Adele, like janet, mariah, celine, whitney were big cause they hit several demographics. Thats where they are different abd why they are real artists. Gaga/rihanba are not important in the context of all public interest.

Archived